IGNORED

Wagner Henry Vieira

Wolf Island

I’d be disappointed.

Henry was nothing short of a disaster at Monaco and hasn’t been great at Montreal.

Wagner was a train wreck at Shalke.

Vieria - backed at NYC, mixed at Nice

Just because TH and PV were great players that doesn’t mean they’ll be great managers. And nothing suggests they will be from what’s been achieved to date.

None of the three for me. 

I wouldn't want any of those Bournemouth are considering, Henry at Monaco/Montreal.... no thanks, Vieira if you read about him at Nice it sounds a disaster (had to sell a couple of players) and Wagner yes he got Huddersfield up and survived a season but since then he's been very poor.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeh but come on, is there a better prefix out there than Thierry Henry’s Bristol City? Nope, you’re right. There isn’t!

Thats what it’s all about, a cool name!

Leo Messi's Bristol City as player manager ;)

I think I'd give up if we appointed Henry or Vieira. 

Their little black book of contacts might be impressive but what on earth have they actually achieved at a serious level in their coaching careers? Our next choice is dictated by the need to avoid relegation at all costs - as stated by Lansdown himself on Radio Bristol. Surely that excludes these sort of candidates? 

I don't understand the desire for Pearson. 

I know that the PL is very different, but he won just 31.9% of his league games in his last season, most worryingly his team scored 1.14 goals per game. Newcastle, Palace and Brighton are on similar stats this year so far (slightly less but) none are playing entertaining football. Does he belong to the future?

I know we want someone to shore the defence up but I would much prefer Cook who might get us actually playing attacking football. I'm past caring if we actually win - I just want excitement.

Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

I don't understand the desire for Pearson. 

I know that the PL is very different, but he won just 31.9% of his league games in his last season, most worryingly his team scored 1.14 goals per game. Newcastle, Palace and Brighton are on similar stats this year so far (slightly less but) none are playing entertaining football. Does he belong to the future?

I know we want someone to shore the defence up but I would much prefer Cook who might get us actually playing attacking football. I'm past caring if we actually win - I just want excitement.

Are we even averaging that many shots per game?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Not sure about Neil personally , the other two would like to think we’d be considering. The only concern about cook is , was he interviewed last time?

I hold out some hope in Lansdowns words on SOTC on Monday “I have to review my own performance.”

Its all I’ve got left. 

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Why would anybody not want Wagner here? Bizarre. 

He got Huddersfield up with a minus goal difference, arguably the biggest fluke promotion in Championship history. Awful at Schalke.

All in all, he's had one okay season in the Championship & managed to keep them up for one year, just.

What is it that you do see in him?

3 minutes ago, Banned User said:

He got Huddersfield up with a minus goal difference, arguably the biggest fluke promotion in Championship history. Awful at Schalke.

All in all, he's had one okay season in the Championship & managed to keep them up for one year, just.

What is it that you do see in him?

You dont fluke a promotion.

Archived