IGNORED

Wagner Henry Vieira

Wolf Island

10 minutes ago, Banned User said:

He got Huddersfield up with a minus goal difference, arguably the biggest fluke promotion in Championship history. Awful at Schalke.

All in all, he's had one okay season in the Championship & managed to keep them up for one year, just.

What is it that you do see in him?

I'd argue someone who can fluke the league and keep a team in the premiership is exactly what we need 

He got Huddersfield up with a minus goal difference, arguably the biggest fluke promotion in Championship history. Awful at Schalke.

All in all, he's had one okay season in the Championship & managed to keep them up for one year, just.

I'd argue someone who can fluke the league and keep a team in the premiership is exactly what we need 

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The problem with a fluke is it's much harder to do it twice.

29 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I don't understand the desire for Pearson. 

I know that the PL is very different, but he won just 31.9% of his league games in his last season, most worryingly his team scored 1.14 goals per game. Newcastle, Palace and Brighton are on similar stats this year so far (slightly less but) none are playing entertaining football. Does he belong to the future?

I know we want someone to shore the defence up but I would much prefer Cook who might get us actually playing attacking football. I'm past caring if we actually win - I just want excitement.

Also got Watford, who were rock bottom at the time of his appointment out of the relegation zone, before being inexplicably sacked - just in time to see them utterly collapse like rotten chair someone kicked the legs out from under and get relegated.

All about context. Stats don't tell the whole story. Some people (outside looking in) look at our league position and question why Holden was sacked.

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

Pretty poor in the premier league as well. First season survived because Swansea committed relegation suicide (2 points from the last 30 or something) and then bombed in the second season.

1 minute ago, Banned User said:

I don't know. I'd be happy with Cook personally. I was just wondering why you thought Wagner was a good option, as I don't personally.

I dont really get the Cook love in tbh but all about opinions.

1 hour ago, Super said:

So one job that doesnt work makes a bad manager? Would you not want Jose here then?!

Not particularly Super.

Wagner is a hero to Dortmund fans for the wonderful job he did in Gelsenkirchen, pity they didn't let him finish it.

We don't want to take risks do we and risk League 1? I would say Wagner would be an unnecessary risk given our position. 

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Appleton has gone to favourite with sky bet now 

I know that means f all but would anyone else be really pissed off if we went for him over an experienced manager 

I’ll stick my hand up

A failure at Pompey (mitigation due to financial collapse), Blackpool and Blackburn

Fill in caretaker jobs before his success - Getting Oxford Promoted from L2

Currently doing a very decent job at Lincoln 

But is that a CV that convinces anyone ?

Archived