IGNORED

Louis Britton

gary s

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-west-brom-plot-raid-to-beat-wolves-to-free-britton-signing/?fbclid=IwAR1nHIozq_VAw8QPFddaquqiKJ1UkYp2p-SaMZdsJ6HQuhBHve2DfzrSl04

This is an article which says that Louis has Wolves and WBA after him

Out of contract in June but yet to agree what’s been offered!

Its probably a pants offer yet this lad scores goals for fun and could be a huge asset to the club!!

Will he be on his way???!

Over to you.....,,

4 hours ago, hertsexile said:

Another asset that will slip away I afraid ?. If he stays a list of endless loans with a small chance of breaking into our current elite unbeatable first team ??!! Hopefully this one will not get away 

To be fair, weve got most of our bench and quite a few in the first team straight from the academy.

id love to see wells bombed out and this lad get some minutes.

There are a large number of players who tend to be ‘under-23 stock’. 
Clubs sign freebies to load up their u23 team in order to be able to loan out their better ones. 
My inking is that this is an u23-filler for these teams, rather than a total gem we are missing. 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Clubs sign freebies to load up their u23 team in order to be able to loan out their better ones. 
My inking is that this is an u23-filler for these teams, rather than a total gem we are missing. 

Nice to get your take on it mate. Does seem to bang em in though was hopeful he would be one to make the step up with us. 

are you able to give an opinion on him and his overall game please?

you still compiling your own lists and scouting? 

I appreciate you can’t scout properly by just watching TV but up until the pandemic I mean. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

I know what you mean about clubs stocking up on under-23 players so to speak but i have a gut feeling Louis Britton is a bit different.. from the games I’ve seen the boy live for mango’s he looked like he had that bit of magic, the size and power and his undoubted goal scoring record i get a feeling he is going to carve out a decent career.

1 hour ago, bris red said:

I know what you mean about clubs stocking up on under-23 players so to speak but i have a gut feeling Louis Britton is a bit different.. from the games I’ve seen the boy live for mango’s he looked like he had that bit of magic, the size and power and his undoubted goal scoring record i get a feeling he is going to carve out a decent career.

I agree. I can remember watching Ashley Barnes play for Paulton Rovers a while ago. Not for a moment did I think he'd carve out a decent pro career, let alone in the PL. Britton's following a similiar path out of non-league and it seems to me like he's ahead of where Barnes was at that age. 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

We shouldn't be too bothered if he goes then?

Only seen his highlights but he looks good to me.

This is the first unenthusiastic appraisal I've seen of Britton.

Tried to find his stats for this season. 10 games, 7 as substitute in the National League and FA Cup, and 1 goal for Torquay.

The main difference to most of our squad this season is that he has been playing in winning teams (Torquay - top of the Vanarama; Stockport - 4th) and of the 10 games he’s played, 8 have been victories.

13 hours ago, hertsexile said:

Another asset that will slip away I afraid ?. If he stays a list of endless loans with a small chance of breaking into our current elite unbeatable first team ??!! Hopefully this one will not get away 

Will Wolves be signing him to put him straight into their first team? No.

4 hours ago, City1984 said:

Nice to get your take on it mate. Does seem to bang em in though was hopeful he would be one to make the step up with us. 

are you able to give an opinion on him and his overall game please?

you still compiling your own lists and scouting? 

I appreciate you can’t scout properly by just watching TV but up until the pandemic I mean. 

Hi mate. No, I’ve not been directly involved in scouting for about 4 years now. A new job and a young family kinda scuppered my ability to get out and about whenever I wanted. 
I am still in contact with lots of folks who are still in the scouting biz though, so I obviously still have an interest in assessing players as best I can, but I’m no longer doing anything official. 

3 hours ago, bris red said:

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We shouldn't be too bothered if he goes then?

Only seen his highlights but he looks good to me.

This is the first unenthusiastic appraisal I've seen of Britton.

The scout reports that I’ve seen of Louis is that he’s definitely got something, so I am not saying that he won’t make it. Far from it. 
Just that there are many players of varying abilities who are there to fill up the u23 squads these days so that those clubs can loan out their ‘bigger’ stars to get game time. 
Louis, according to many scout reports I’ve seen, very much comes alive in the box. He doesn’t contribute much outside of the box and thus it could be hard to justify picking him if he’s not scoring. But he does seem to score. So he’s definitely got something. 

Just to be clear. I’m not writing him off. 

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

The scout reports that I’ve seen of Louis is that he’s definitely got something, so I am not saying that he won’t make it. Far from it. 

Louis, according to many scout reports I’ve seen, very much comes alive in the box. He doesn’t contribute much outside of the box and thus it could be hard to justify picking him if he’s not scoring. But he does seem to score. So he’s definitely got something. 

Tbh, that's just about enough for me as far as a striker is concerned!

Sounds like he'll score if his team mates make chances - in fact he appears to make his own too - but if they can't create them then perhaps they need to be changed for others who can?

It's a rare natural ability to be able to stick the ball in the net - and not one we're not accustomed to seeing come through the Academy.

We should definitely keep and nurture him imo.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Hi mate. No, I’ve not been directly involved in scouting for about 4 years now. A new job and a young family kinda scuppered my ability to get out and about whenever I wanted. 
I am still in contact with lots of folks who are still in the scouting biz though, so I obviously still have an interest in assessing players as best I can, but I’m no longer doing anything official. 

Just that there are many players of varying abilities who are there to fill up the u23 squads these days so that those clubs can loan out their ‘bigger’ stars to get game time. 

Thanks for that. 

I didn’t even realise you had become A dad mate. Saying that don’t think I have seen you for some time. 

please accept my belated congratulations ??????? 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

You heard it right here folks, Harry says Britton will never make it as a pro and should look for a new vocation. Harsh words but he can’t unsay it...?

Archived