IGNORED

If not Paul Cook, then who?

And Its Smith

If not Paul Cook, then who?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not voted.

Simple reason here - this is one persons view of who are the realistic options. Therefore, it’s as likely to be as realistic as if you plucked 10 random managers names.

Bielsa wasn’t realistic for Leeds

Henry wasn’t realistic for Bournemouth

Farke wasn’t realistic for Norwich

Sven wasn’t realistic for Notts County.

I could go on here, but making a poll of who you think are the “realistic” options and ruling others out when you have no idea who’s in the frame strikes me as a touch needy...

25 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Let's focus on managers who should definitely be interested.  Who do you want?  It cannot be Paul Cook or anger, surely! 

It’s a tough one. From that list probably Appleton or Lowe. The more I read about Appleton the more I think he might be a decent choice. Lowe plays good football and his star is on the rise.

Adkins perhaps but I wouldn’t be excited by him at all. 

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Anyway, my main want is good football and playing youngsters. Promotion is secondary for me 

That isn’t what the board primarily want though, so the manager you want might be different from how they go for. 

The board have demonstrated - from the change in our transfer policy - they’d go for promotion over youth.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They wouldn’t be able to get away with it, same reason I think Appleton might be unlikely.

This choice has to be popular with fans. Simpson or Appleton won’t be for the majority.

Indeed. With season tickets in the forefront of the boards minds i get a feeling they will do all they can to appoint somebody who will appease the fanbase.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Indeed. With season tickets in the forefront of the boards minds i get a feeling they will do all they can to appoint somebody who will appease the fanbase.

I think they could make Lowe marketable. Perhaps Lowe with a very experienced and well respected assistant.

They couldn’t pull that off with Appleton (who I think might actually be a decent choice). 

It doesn’t look like anything is imminent though, no gossip of any credence doing the rounds.

Neil Harris is an out of work one you could add who'd be seen as realistic whether people would see him as underwhelming or not. Wagner probably isn't unrealistic having to return to the standard he was last successful at. Those in jobs could easily include Robins, Warne, Ainsworth, Neil. 

Pearson - Warnock - Mad Mick

We’re in such serious shite, all three are needed.

Pearson to sort Ashton 

Warnock the players

Mad Mick the media

If BCTV filmed the Club’s transformation, the combined management salaries could be comfortably covered by subscriptions. 

See the keepers of the City ‘we’re happy to accept mediocrity forever Steve, don’t worry about another dud’ flame have regrouped and reappeared very quickly after Tuesday night. Let’s hope SL shows more ambition than this, although I fear not. 

all joking aside

And If you were definitely picking realistic from League One or Two @And Its Smith

I’m surprised you haven’t , Or no ones mentioned,

Lee Bowyer

Compared to the list , all of which would be a punt 

If I had to take a ‘punt’ (Which we don’t) there’s something about Bowyer that I take to 

The minor issue with him is he has two years left in a contract

3 minutes ago, sludge said:

Monk managed circa 70 premier league games and circa 200 in championship as well. Just sayin. 

Ah yes, forgot on Monk- arguably took Swansea backwards though, in the end. Did alright at Birmingham, seemed not to last so long at Middlesbrough, bizarrely got sacked by Sheffield Wednesday after a win vs Bournemouth and draw with Millwall- the former at that point were unbeaten.

49 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can someone explain Russell Martin to me please. 

His name is Russell and his Surname is Martin and should be nowhere near this football club 

49 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can someone explain Russell Martin to me please. 

His name is Russell and his Surname is Martin and should be nowhere near this football club 

3 minutes ago, nellie said:

That’s kinda what I got from my own research. But the regularity with which I see his name led me to believe I just have missed something. 

1 hour ago, nellie said:

Adkins for me and didn't he used to be a physio ? might help with the injury's 

Always think the jobs he has done and have been pretty impressive. Took Scunthorpe up, Saints twice inc out of the Championship.....and look what happened to the basket case which is Hull after he left.

Im struggling to see the general hate for Danny Cowley

3 promotions in seven seasons with Concord Rovers

Playoffs in only full season with Braintree in national league (part time team up against a fair few full time teams

First season at Lincoln won the national league and got to the FA Cup Quarter finals defeating premier league Burnley on the way

Second season at Lincoln got to playoffs and won EFL Trophy despite being league two

Third season at Lincoln won league two

Went to Huddersfield who were near bottom of Championship in September. Won Championship manager of month in October. Kept them up, then sacked for reasons unknown

Yes Paul Cook has an outstanding lower league record but so does Cowley, probably with lower budget teams. Just don't get the negativity around him.  

Archived