IGNORED

If not Paul Cook, then who?

And Its Smith

If not Paul Cook, then who?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know who I don’t want - Gary Monk. Has to be the biggest fraud on the list.

Apart from Monk to me it makes little difference who get appointed as HC. We all know there’s no guarantees in football. It has always been a gamble and will remain so.

Tend to agree with this. I certainly didnt think we would be winning two trophies in Cotterill's first full season. Although there are a few names I wouldnt be keen on.

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Apart from Monk to me it makes little difference who get appointed as HC. We all know there’s no guarantees in football. It has always been a gamble and will remain so.

Wow you actually gave an opinion on something.. that’s 5 opinions I can attribute to you now :) 

You don’t like Gary Johnson

You don’t rate Gary Monk

You think Aden Flint is an uncultured player 

You rate Barry Bannan

You liked the football under Danny Wilson

I’m at a total loss at what to expect.

Of the last couple of appointments LJ was I think quite an obvious one, and Holden the complete opposite of that (unless you consider that the club only wants to appoint people they are very familiar with, then it makes sense).

At this point, preserving our championship status is the overriding priority mission - not being in league one next year trumps everything, so the suggestions some have made about getting an experienced hand short term to do that isn’t an idea I’m adverse to.

However, a small part of me wonders if this isn’t a decent opportunity to try and get in a ‘name’ for us, being we are relatively financially secure at this level, are not hugging the bottom of the league and looking odds on relegation candidates, and likely don’t have an entrenched and long term culture to break out of (ie Holden’s reign was short and we’ve a lot of youth in the squad).

Now, I’m expecting this to be laughed at and I probably would do so too under normal circumstances but... would this perhaps be a place for someone like Lampard to get back on the horse?

He may have arguably had a better squad at Derby when he joined, and undoubtedly didn’t get the most out of his big signings at Chelsea second year, but he did squeeze a fair amount from that Derby team (albeit with loans from the Prem, though you could say we’ve not got similar results when loaning top level players), and that first year at Chelsea he showed a willingness to stick with youth players, who rewarded him with solid performances.

Imagine he’d not be interested and we may not be able to afford/aren’t close enough to London for him, but part of me feels like a ‘name’ such as that who also has some experience might get the players up enough for the results we need this year, then place us better to recruit and reload in the summer for the stated goal of promotion.

Expect to be shot down, lit on fire and laughed at for this, but figured; why the hell not?

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wow you actually gave an opinion on something.. that’s 5 opinions I can attribute to you now :)

You don’t like Gary Johnson

You don’t rate Gary Monk

You think Aden Flint is an uncultured player 

You rate Barry Bannan

You liked the football under Danny Wilson

You have a good memory PF. Spot on.

However it was the style of play under GJ  that really bored me and eventually LJ started serving up the same dreary stuff that led me to lose faith in him.

Oh! I forgot - I think too much emphasis is put on formations and way too much pseudo intellectual guff spouted on here. 
I also think that match stats are pretty meaningless particularly possession stats which can be and often are misleading 

Two of my opinions that you overlooked PF.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

However it was the style of play under GJ  that really bored me and eventually LJ started serving up the same dreary stuff that led me to lose faith in him.

Oh! I forgot - I think too much emphasis is put on formations and way too much pseudo intellectual guff spouted on here. 
I also think that match stats are pretty meaningless particularly possession stats which can be and often are misleading 

Who have been your favourite City players of the last decade? I don’t think I could guess

17 minutes ago, samo II said:

I’m at a total loss at what to expect.

Of the last couple of appointments LJ was I think quite an obvious one, and Holden the complete opposite of that (unless you consider that the club only wants to appoint people they are very familiar with, then it makes sense).

At this point, preserving our championship status is the overriding priority mission - not being in league one next year trumps everything, so the suggestions some have made about getting an experienced hand short term to do that isn’t an idea I’m adverse to.

However, a small part of me wonders if this isn’t a decent opportunity to try and get in a ‘name’ for us, being we are relatively financially secure at this level, are not hugging the bottom of the league and looking odds on relegation candidates, and likely don’t have an entrenched and long term culture to break out of (ie Holden’s reign was short and we’ve a lot of youth in the squad).

Now, I’m expecting this to be laughed at and I probably would do so too under normal circumstances but... would this perhaps be a place for someone like Lampard to get back on the horse?

He may have arguably had a better squad at Derby when he joined, and undoubtedly didn’t get the most out of his big signings at Chelsea second year, but he did squeeze a fair amount from that Derby team (albeit with loans from the Prem, though you could say we’ve not got similar results when loaning top level players), and that first year at Chelsea he showed a willingness to stick with youth players, who rewarded him with solid performances.

Imagine he’d not be interested and we may not be able to afford/aren’t close enough to London for him, but part of me feels like a ‘name’ such as that who also has some experience might get the players up enough for the results we need this year, then place us better to recruit and reload in the summer for the stated goal of promotion.

Expect to be shot down, lit on fire and laughed at for this, but figured; why the hell not?

It would certainly be a fun ride and bring some excitement and attention to us, and would be amazing if it worked out well; but I am very dubious about his actual management skills. Also I think his stock is probably high enough to feel he could 'do better" than coming to us.

I definitely can't say I wouldn't be excited by it though.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I used to like Monk, but I’m far more tepid on him these days.

9 hours ago, Yung Deeb said:

I’m also baffled as to why the Cowley’s aren’t more prominent in people’s preferences. Incredible track record either punching above their weight or transforming under-performing sides and achieving all those promotions in the process.

Seem like very smart individuals and exactly what we need to rebuild the connection between the club and us fans. This YT video gives an insight into their approach...

Cheers i will watch that later

With the right club which incidentally i think we would be i can see these guys managing in the premier league. 

9 hours ago, Yung Deeb said:

I’m also baffled as to why the Cowley’s aren’t more prominent in people’s preferences. Incredible track record either punching above their weight or transforming under-performing sides and achieving all those promotions in the process.

Seem like very smart individuals and exactly what we need to rebuild the connection between the club and us fans. This YT video gives an insight into their approach...

Cheers i will watch that later

With the right club which incidentally i think we would be i can see these guys managing in the premier league. 

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

It would certainly be a fun ride and bring some excitement and attention to us, and would be amazing if it worked out well; but I am very dubious about his actual management skills. Also I think his stock is probably high enough to feel he could 'do better" than coming to us.

I definitely can't say I wouldn't be excited by it though.

I think Lampard would view us as too much of a risk right now. The last thing he wants is a potential relegation on his CV. 

Saying that, he definitely ticks more boxes than Terry or Gerrard - to name two candidates linked with us last summer. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

He’s done very little in the game as a manager. Talks well but doesn’t deliver. The Owls fans hated him.

So did Swansea and biro fans. As you say talks a good game and is ok for sitting 2 banks of four in the middle of the pitch but offers little else. Good at talking about himself too.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hmmm, not sure thats the reason you disliked GJ

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

No guarantee that Monk will be a 'fraud' then.

Not that I want him here either.

Archived