IGNORED

Manager to keep us up

The Bard

We’re on the verge of safety already, most likely around 12 points away with 16 games to achieve it. This is an opportunity to get a potential long term appointment in which gives him a few months to assess the squad during a season where there’s no longer a great deal of expectation or pressure. It’s a very good time to bring in a new manager in preparation for an improved year next season.

55 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Warnock or McCarthy would have fitted this bill perfectly - fed up of being shot down on here about those two ... especially when the detractors know full well they would deliver what we want - survival, then promotion ... no mucking about, proper gaffers ...

I'd have McCarthy but **** Warnock.

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

We are 11 points off the relegation zone and 10 off playoffs... A short-term fix is the last thing we need. Get someone who can instil a philosophy to build upon next season.

I couldn't disagree more.  Any new manager would have little opportunity to install a philosphy.  It is about a quick reaction.  We look absolutely shot and someone needs to sort that out now.  Bollocks to philosphy.  Stay up and then when normality comes back and a proper pre-season worry about philosphies and styles of play.

5 hours ago, RedNachos said:

A lot of the complaints on here I see is about footballing style and entertainment, don't understand how the same people want Warnock and Mcarthy

I think a lot of it is down to results, if we were in the promotion hunt playing attritional football then most would accept it but we are currently playing dull football and getting beaten.

I would have been a bit wary taking Warnock simply due to his age ( fair play to the bloke he has still got it ) but McCarthy I would have taken . 

He has a bit to prove after his treatment at Ipswich and can organise a team to win matches. 

Cardiff will be in touching distance of the play offs this season, exactly what we want.

5 hours ago, RedNachos said:

A lot of the complaints on here I see is about footballing style and entertainment, don't understand how the same people want Warnock and Mcarthy

We also want to see hard work and some effort put in by the players which would be the absolute minimum those 2 would install 

I do think this relegation battle is being blown a little out of proportion. Wycombe are basically down. Birmingham are picking up less than a point per game through 30. Then there is one spot left for everyone left in the bottom half. We have more points than 8 of them and the same as the other two. We do need points but this is a good opportunity for a new man to assess the squad and see who he wants to keep

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Warnock or McCarthy would have fitted this bill perfectly - fed up of being shot down on here about those two ... especially when the detractors know full well they would deliver what we want - survival, then promotion ... no mucking about, proper gaffers ...

Agreed. We should of got in McCarthy in the summer, either him or Hughton would of got the job done IMO.
Let’s not **** about it’s been over 30 ******* years since we were last in the top flight - do we actually want it or not?

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I do think this relegation battle is being blown a little out of proportion. Wycombe are basically down. Birmingham are picking up less than a point per game through 30. Then there is one spot left for everyone left in the bottom half. We have more points than 8 of them and the same as the other two. We do need points but this is a good opportunity for a new man to assess the squad and see who he wants to keep

I dont. Our performances are dreadful. We create nothing and make basic defensive errors. We dont even look like getting a draw let alone a win.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Really?  Don't understand how you can be so relaxed about it. Suspect many Hull City fans were just as complacent this time last season!

We look totally shot of any confidence and unless SL/Ashton quickly get a new man in we are in trouble. Cannot see Simpson & Downing (who both need to go in my opinion) inspiring a turnaround. Lose against Barnsley, then 2 away games against top 6 contenders and we could be on the verge of the bottom 3 already.

17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Really?  Don't understand how you can be so relaxed about it. Suspect many Hull City fans were just as complacent this time last season!

We look totally shot of any confidence and unless SL/Ashton quickly get a new man in we are in trouble. Cannot see Simpson & Downing (who both need to go in my opinion) inspiring a turnaround. Lose against Barnsley, then 2 away games against top 6 contenders and we could be on the verge of the bottom 3 already.

I can’t even see where we are getting a goal from let alone a point 

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Really; lost the last 6 games have Barnsley, Boro, Swansea then Bournemouth coming up next. Birmingham will beat us and probably Rotherham as well, we may get more than a point off Wycombe but that will involve us scoring more than them. Look at the fixtures left and tell me where our next 3pts is coming from.

We need a manager and now, Deans assistants are not the answer, the longer we wait the more chance of relegation, we are not too good to go down in fact we are pathetic at the moment.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I do not understand the love for Colin.

Horrid man, horrid football. An English Pulis.

I’ve always been anti-Mad Mick and anti-Colin but my standards have dropped so low that I despair that they’re not available!

58 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yeah sorry to pile on by disagreeing with you but our output has been relegation standard for weeks and the table looks grim to me, particularly given our impending fixtures.

The three teams below us have at least a game in hand as well as better form. Wednesday are picking up points, as are Rotherham.

Three more consecutive defeats and 3rd bottom will be within range.

7 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Why is he a horrible man? His football is most certainly not boring either and his teams play with fire and determination everything we don’t... we have no right to judge anyone’s footballing credentials with the shit that’s been Served up here for the last 3 years!!

19 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

He gets results, I suppose. Certainly at this level. And he puts out eleven lads that bust a gut. We are akin to a homeless chap begging on the street declining a handout from Tesco and wanting something from Waitrose. 

8 hours ago, RedNachos said:

My requirements are low. I just want to look at something that resembles a TEAM. You know, something that is organised, well-drilled, play for each other. 

An added bonus would be they put in 100% effort, win 50-50’s and attack with some gusto. 

I’d far more prefer to watch an’ up and at them’ game than tippy-tappy, crab, possession football played by ‘intelligent’, a modern manager like LJ. Far more effective at winning things at our level as well if you have any aspirations for the Premier League. 

16 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Why is he a horrible man? His football is most certainly not boring either and his teams play with fire and determination everything we don’t... we have no right to judge anyone’s footballing credentials with the shit that’s been Served up here for the last 3 years!!

A matter of opinion. A number of his teams rarely would make passing passages of more than three passes. And teams were encouraged (punished) to not play backwards or sideways. Personally I find it excruciatingly boring but have managed to watch games of it. I have found some of Warnocks teams interesting in that players have to ignore what they are, abandon their skill sets to play in some of his XI's in certain positions. His counter press at Cardiff was impressive.

Its dark ages football. Its anti football. Anti skill in many respects. Its 2021 many many teams progress without installing the qualities Warnock uses. Work rate, organised, well any successful team will have that. Its hardly an aim. 

As a fan and coach yes we have the right to judge. 

Dont understand why a new manager is not here already, not as if Deans departure has not been coming for a while now. MA must have a short list, just pick the one no-ones heard of as normal or your mate :doh: def ignore anyone that has a track record of getting championship teams to the prem as these will cost your master a big wedge....:doh: gawd help us.

9 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

A number of his teams rarely would make passing passages of more than three passes. And teams were encouraged (punished) to not play backwards or sideways. Personally I find it excruciatingly boring but have managed to watch games of it.

I think you're mistaken if you feel the average fan longs to see extended passages of passing.

Now that's boring.

Agree they would fit this bill perfectly but in the past you've wanted warnock particularly in completely different circumstances. 

Not quite comparable. 

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

Dont understand why a new manager is not here already, not as if Deans departure has not been coming for a while now. MA must have a short list, just pick the one no-ones heard of as normal or your mate :doh:

I still don't understand the Holden appointment in the 1st place.

It was completely reckless given the progress & investment made and given where the club had finally got arrived at in terms of reputation & stability in the Championship.

For once, we actually had the perfect set up to take the next steps in our evolution but the board voted to gamble on an option that had the narrowest of upside.  

Archived