IGNORED

Manager to keep us up

The Bard

11 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

You’re right to have concerns, another 3/4 losses and I’ll probably be the same. We’ve now got Simpson and Downing in charge who are good coaches. I hope they don’t opt for the 3 man midfield, as a change in system could rejuvenate the team and we could have a change in fortunes. We’re capable of picking up something today, though it is a bad time to have Barnsley, who impressed many against Chelsea recently and have had a couple of recent league wins.

Whatever happens it is going to be a white knuckle ride until season end with how we do on the pitch and off it with a new manager appointment.

43 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

I agree that the injuries and confidence is a concern. I think we need to go back to basics, I genuinely think that going for say a 4-5-1 (with actual midfielders) would see our midfield have some more control over the game. With this, we should be better than most teams. Although we may be lacking in attack, we should be picking up at least a point in most games, each one will be a step closer to safety.

I still think it’s more about the “plan”, the tactic.  Putting 5 in midfield doesn’t guarantee more control....it could just mean it’s even harder to get out, and you get forced further and further back.

Who are your 5 in midfield, and how do you want them to play today against Barnsley today, assume Barnsley start with the same 343 they did v Blackburn?

894C72CC-143C-4386-89D4-8AAA7D271F43.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still think it’s more about the “plan”, the tactic.  Putting 5 in midfield doesn’t guarantee more control....it could just mean it’s even harder to get out, and you get forced further and further back.

Who are your 5 in midfield, and how do you want them to play today against Barnsley today, assume Barnsley start with the same 343 they did v Blackburn?

894C72CC-143C-4386-89D4-8AAA7D271F43.jpeg

Palmer Nagy Pato Lansbury Hunt

Or

Palmer Nagy Lansbury Bakinson Pato

Hunt in right midfield is certainly not idea but we’re short of options there. Would rather have Pato through the middle as he’s more of a threat there.

Press in midfield as we’ll have an extra body to maintain the marking. When on the ball and looking to push forward, Pato pushes forward. Where possible, try to find Palmer to pick out either Pato or Diedhiou.

Start with Diedhiou up front. Depending on how the game is going, If we feel we can win the game, around the 60 min mark, bring Semenyo on. Either in the Pato role or go 442.

Whilst we won’t offer as much going forward, this setup would give us a lot more stability than we’ve had all season.

20 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

Palmer Nagy Pato Lansbury Hunt

Or

Palmer Nagy Lansbury Bakinson Pato

Hunt in right midfield is certainly not idea but we’re short of options there. Would rather have Pato through the middle as he’s more of a threat there.

Press in midfield as we’ll have an extra body to maintain the marking.

which Barnsley players are we pressing and in what areas of the pitch?

When on the ball and looking to push forward, Pato pushes forward. Where possible, try to find Palmer to pick out either Pato or Diedhiou.

How do we beat Barnsley’s gegen-press?  Are we playing out from Bentley and your back 4?  How are we gonna break Woodrow, Adeboyejo and Chaplin?

Start with Diedhiou up front. Depending on how the game is going, If we feel we can win the game, around the 60 min mark, bring Semenyo on. Either in the Pato role or go 442.

Whilst we won’t offer as much going forward, this setup would give us a lot more stability than we’ve had all season.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Close down the forwards and midfield. The defence too but not as much, we need to try and keep our shape so all the pressing of the defence will need to be done by Diedhiou. Play out from the defence, with  a 5 man midfield, we should always beat them for numbers and always have a player available.

6 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

Close down the forwards and midfield. The defence too but not as much, we need to try and keep our shape so all the pressing of the defence will need to be done by Diedhiou. Play out from the defence, with  a 5 man midfield, we should always beat them for numbers and always have a player available.

So a retreat to h/w line and then press.  Okay, I can buy that. ✅

On 18/02/2021 at 23:02, BS4 on Tour... said:

Warnock or McCarthy would have fitted this bill perfectly - fed up of being shot down on here about those two ... especially when the detractors know full well they would deliver what we want - survival, then promotion ... no mucking about, proper gaffers ...

You may well be correct, but if you think that SL would have Warnock anywhere near this club you are very much mistaken. But that has been discussed to death on here many times.

McCarthy is a much different proposition but that ship has sailed.

But we do need someone in pronto rather than wait for the right man - we had a transition at the start of the season which was very comfortable for the players and even more so as time goes on. And now we have the same transition (hopefully temporarily) which, for me, again equates to no change for the players already comfortable.

Its imperative that we get someone in permanently as soon as possible imo - none of this long list, short list, multiple interviewing over many weeks bollocks. Whoever is first choice - GET HIM IN (like other clubs do).

Archived