IGNORED

Saturday

daored

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

We need Hunt at RB / RWB ay Vyner's crossing is abysmal, perhaps Sess's speed might mean he can cover LB / LWB?

Midfield Nagy / Massengo / Palmer / Bakinson  NOT Vyner / Pato, or most of all that total waste of time signing Lansbury!

Stop playing Fammy, he is not interested. I'd really love Bell (who has pace to burn) be given a proper chance, but maybe that's too much of a leap, so Wells and Semenyo to start but Bell to come on with plenty of time left if Wells is not up for it.

You would think Sessegnon must be close to a return, even for 55-60 mins?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You would think Sessegnon must be close to a return, even for 55-60 mins?

Am I correct in thinking that he has played left back a fair few times for Fulham and England youth levels, or is that just wishfull thinking?

22 minutes ago, M.D said:

Am I correct in thinking that he has played left back a fair few times for Fulham and England youth levels, or is that just wishfull thinking?

You are correct....he’s played almost as many games at LB as he has RB....but all his LB appearances have been age-group level.

You would have thought that the board had some kind of contingency arrangement in place for appointing a new manager quickly - it can't have come as a shock to them to have needed to say goodbye to Holden.  Might be a bit too much to ask to get someone in for this weekend but surely next week...  

For Sat, I'm hopeful we'll see a massive effort from the players to make up for the lack of it most have been making for the past few weeks.   Rot needs to be stopped and a lot of them are playing for their future.  

Think we've looked less bad as a 4-4-2 this year, though that aint saying much, so would go with that.  Would love to see Sessegnon back to fill that gaping hole at LB - wasn't he on the bench for the last game?  Mariappa did ok last time and Vyner surely can't be as bad again at RB.  How have we got no one who can put crosses in that can play in the wide positions in midfield?  Nagy and Bakinson CMs, Palmer for some creatvity and really don't know on the right - Hunt might be worth a go there because at least he can get the ball in.  Wells up front supported by Semenyo, with Bell to come on for second half if Wells hasn't rediscovered the ability to shoot, which has totally deserted him of late.    

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/bristol-city.301187/

Whats your thoughts, personally i,d take a draw, i,ve a feeling Paul cook will be in place and they may have the new manager bounce, obviously a win would be fantastic.

We NEVER win down there and sacking a manager often galvanises players, so I'd be quite alright with a draw.

We NEVER win down there and sacking a manager often galvanises players, so I'd be quite alright with a draw. 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Whats your thoughts, personally i,d take a draw, i,ve a feeling Paul cook will be in place and they may have the new manager bounce, obviously a win would be fantastic.

Do we win down there ?

2 hours ago, 22A said:

They played well against us last time and we're good for the 2-2 even if it did come from that late penalty. We are now playing worse, and they are playing better. Honestly I think they'll give us a horrible time of it tomorrow, and we will likely lose.

Simpson/Downing might be able to get a performance out of the team, but I've got doubts about that.

4 hours ago, 22A said:

They are doing well by all accounts struggle to see anything but a win for Barnsley......or 2-2 draw.

Archived