IGNORED

Jokanovich

Banjo Island

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t know why this thread didn’t just die as soon as this was posted.

Its obvious bullshit.

It didn’t die because facts aren’t a prerequisite for posts on the forum. OTIB is a virtual reality medium where people can escape from the hum drum of normal life in lockdown. The crazier the story the more posts it will generate as demonstrated every transfer window when we get 30+ pages about some player we’re not going to sign. In other words, it’s fun 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It didn’t die because facts aren’t a prerequisite for posts on the forum. OTIB is a virtual reality medium where people can escape from the hum drum of normal life in lockdown. The crazier the story the more posts it will generate as demonstrated every transfer window when we get 30+ pages about some player we’re not going to sign. In other words, it’s fun 

????

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

I know this is likely to be “fake news” but it got be thinking...

if the best candidate wasn’t available until June... would you wait? Would you trust Simpson/Downing.... Tinnion maybe to see us safe?

I think I would... that would open the door to other names such as Jokanovich, McCarthy, Warnock and who knows who else? 

I wouldn't trust them to look after my dead goldfish. Have hardly inspired the squad up to now have they?

As for Tinnion, I don't think he would touch the job again, even if it was only for a few months and a nice pay packet. It hit him hard last time, and if things did go wrong, I don't think he would stay on in his current role, which would be a shame as he was made for a job like that.

1 hour ago, Phillythe kid said:

Would be nice but probably wishful thinking.

Surprised Mark Robins name hasn't cropped up after all his suitors on here last summer...?

I mentioned Robins the other day, but as you say, I'm surprised he hasn't been talked about more.

Coventry are currently only 8 points behind us in 20th position, and Robins has been mentioned quite heavily (on here at least) whenever there has been a vacancy here in the past (last summer, and possibly before Johnson although that may have been as a replacement for him early on during his first "losing run").

He is liked by Steve, has previous here (the loan spell), and has a surname that fits with the club. It's meant to be, Robins as manager and Ashton as whatever he does :laugh:

I'd definitely prefer Robins over Appleton. Is probably more of a likely option than say Cook or Jokanovich.

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

I wouldn't trust them to look after my dead goldfish. Have hardly inspired the squad up to now have they?

As for Tinnion, I don't think he would touch the job again, even if it was only for a few months and a nice pay packet. It hit him hard last time, and if things did go wrong, I don't think he would stay on in his current role, which would be a shame as he was made for a job like that.

I mentioned Robins the other day, but as you say, I'm surprised he hasn't been talked about more.

Coventry are currently only 8 points behind us in 20th position, and Robins has been mentioned quite heavily (on here at least) whenever there has been a vacancy here in the past (last summer, and possibly before Johnson although that may have been as a replacement for him early on during his first "losing run").

He is liked by Steve, has previous here (the loan spell), and has a surname that fits with the club. It's meant to be, Robins as manager and Ashton as whatever he does :laugh:

I'd definitely prefer Robins over Appleton. Is probably more of a likely option than say Cook or Jokanovich.

My surnames Shipandcastle. Does that get me a job ?

• Admin
3 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

Just spotted this

IMG-20210219-WA0000.jpg

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

145 followers and pretty clearly a City fan judging by his other tweets so not very credible for me.

It amazes me how many people just believe anything they read on Twitter without looking at the account tweeting the nonsense

It's no wonder so many conspiracy theories fly around social media

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

It amazes me how many people just believe anything they read on Twitter without looking at the account tweeting the nonsense

It's no wonder so many conspiracy theories fly around social media

I blame our medical team

5 hours ago, Galway Red said:

The thought that the powers-that - be at AG actually have the foresight and ambition to appoint a foreign manager I'm afraid is a pipe dream

We’ve had McInnes, Jordan and Pulis. 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Yeah, and I inherited $5,000,000 

Just waiting for the cheque to arrive. 

Only had to send £99 to cover admin fees. Bargain 

Sounds fair enough.

Not that I believe it, but he'd be high up my list.

The questions about budget would play a role, but both Sessegnons came through under him at Fulham? Transfer and wage budget might be an issue.

The other consideration might be, whether he would have enough points under the Brexit regs. Unsure of the detail of the system but that is now a factor. 

The original tweet is clearly nonsense, but if I were on the City board, this is exactly the man I’d be targeting to be our next manager. He’s got a very impressive managerial record at this level, has previously indicated a desire to manage in England again, and has the clout and reputation to be able to attract not only the type of quality players we need, but would also ensure enhanced media coverage and consequently help to increase the clubs profile and advertising draw.

In short, this chap should absolutely be our number 1 target.

I’m not holding my breath. 

Archived