IGNORED

Team for Barnsley Saturday

sglosbcfc

50 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Sorry if already posted elsewhere

Notice that Downing is still described as "Assistant Head Coach". Not "Acting" or "Caretaker". Matches the statement from Tuesday. We are currently without a Head Coach, and are under the control of co-Assistant Head Coaches.

Vive la République.

Lansbury possibly out due to a kick in the bollocks. What a magnificent metaphor for the entire season.

Edit: Jesus wept he actually says "We go again".

We go again!!!!

Bentley

Hunt Vyner  Kallas Sessignon

Bakinson

Palmer Nagy Massengo Semenyo

Bell

I have read the Sess has played LB before?

Palmer rather than Pato, as Pato has been poor

Bell instead of Wells, but may let wells on 2nd half if he finishes writing his lines, "Must not be a greedy bastard" x 500 times

Fam can sit on the bench, which requires the same effort as the few games for him

So I won't lie I've not followed City so much this season ,watched a few games here and  there that have been on sky.  How is Mariappa doing   , I'm guessing Mawson is injured again ? 

From this thread it seems most are impressed by Nagy as our favoured most  chosen CM but otherwise no one has really impressed and Lansbury hasn't been here long enough?

I quite like the Idea  of trying to suit a system to fit into Wells more.. although maybe we don't have the same in form Wells of  last season/QPR Loan? Then  I'd try Pato(Semenyo if Pato isn't fit) if he is fit but no point if he is still struggling ? I like the Idea of 4-4-1-1 , Don't mind who plays but I feel like this formation will suit us the best.  No more playing strikers/AM in midfield as 6/8's?! ( I never knew which Holden was playing them in).

2 hours ago, BCFC Josh said:

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Towler

Hunt Bakinson Nagy Sessegnon

Palmer

Semenyo Wells

I wouldn't unhappy with that line up.

Looks good, maybe swap Towler for Moore.

8 minutes ago, joshbristol said:

Bents

hunt         Kalas         Vyner     Sess

Bakinson nagy 

Semenyo    Massengo   Palmer 

Wells 

Think that keeper and back 4 might be exactly what we see tomorrow.

I have real concerns with Bakinson and Nagy unless they really sort their responsibilities and comms.  But I don’t think you’ll be far away.

21 hours ago, Back of the net said:

The issue for me is height. Other than Vyner and Bakinson I'm not sure any others are over 6ft.  Bearing in mind our weakness from set pieces, I think we'd just be setting ourselves up for more problems.

I'd go:-

Bentley

Hunt - Vyner - Kalas -  Towler 

Nagy - Bakinson

Paterson  -  Lansbury - Semenyo 

Famara

I think with Kalas next to Towler gives him someone to guide and talk to him, which he didn't get with Taylor Moore.

I like this, but I don't want to keep wasting game time on Diedhou as much as I like him.

Semenyo up top with Palmer possibly somewhere in behind for me whilst it feels harsh to drop Massengo who's been slightly less shit that others recently.

Bentley

Hunt   Kalas  Mariappa  Sessegnon

Bakinson

Lansbury   Nagy   Paterson 

Semenyo    Wells 

I hoping Sess can play left back! Experience at CB and I want Kalas playing right side of the two. Bakinson looked good and sharp when he came on in mid week. Lansbury needs to play further forward to provide decent service for Wells. Semenyo to partner Wells as he also looked good off the bench and provides much needed movement. Fam needs a rest. 

Bentley

Vyner    Kalas Moore  Towler/Sess

Nagy      Massengo 
                 Bakinson

Seymenyo      Palmer

Wells

Play a team with pace and energy all over the pitch to match them up.

Play a team that will look to play forward rather than sideways or back.

If Edwards was fit I would have him in as well

If Vyner and Sess play fall back get them forward as they have the energy to get back in to shape.

Bring on Bell for Wells Pato for Palmer i.e like for like and keep the shape rather than the mess in the last few weeks when we bring in subs.

And please let’s have a few shots on target

We ain’t going up so let’s look at the future. Fammy, Hunt Marriapa Lansbury etc wont be here next season.

COYR

Bentley

Vyner    Moore    kalas

Hunt                                                                                                                                        Sessegnon

Nagy       Massengo

Palmer                        Paterson 

Wells

Im consistent if nothing else. A few little caveats, presuming Ssengnon is fit number one. Would personally like to see a bit more of a presence in midfield, toyed with Bakinson, but went with Massengo on form, other than that, there isn’t a lot of options. Get the wing backs playing high, get palmer & Paterson into little pockets in between the lines & get Wells down the sides of their centre halves. Also important to have people that can handle the ball, because Barnsley will press from the front. Also went with Kalas as the left of the three, because i think he smells danger better than the other 2 & again, not a lot of other viable options for me. Basically want to see energy, angles, bravery & a few shots would be a bonus! COYR 

Archived