IGNORED

Gary Johnson

bs3

Anyone else heard the rumour that Gary Johnson will come in as caretaker till the end of the season until City can get their preferred candidate.  Gregor MacGregor did say that City may wait until the summer to appoint a permanent manager. He could be seen by Lansdown as a very safe pair of hands. 
I suspect it’s only a rumour but nothing surprises me in football nowadays.

14 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Anyone else heard the rumour that Gary Johnson will come in as caretaker till the end of the season until City can get their preferred candidate.  Gregor MacGregor did say that City may wait until the summer to appoint a permanent manager. He could be seen by Lansdown as a very safe pair of hands. 

Surely this is nonsense ?

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Best City manager in my lifetime, mid table League One almost to the Prem, never finished below 10th in the Championship. What's not to love about that idea for a few months.

The fact that he is manager of another club on the verge of promotion to the league, and he would be out of work at seasons end!

18 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Lee's Dad is busy at Torquay but Dean's Dad is available. Jon's Dad will give him a ring later.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

The fact that he is manager of another club on the verge of promotion to the league, and he would be out of work at seasons end!

I'm sure he'll take £200k here for a few months work and give up whatever he is on at Torquay probably £50k or something

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Neither would I.

Reason enough to get him in then

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm sure he'll take £200k here for a few months work and give up whatever he is on at Torquay probably £50k or something

Reason enough to get him in then

Plus bonus if we stay up and if things goes well or knows, permanent contract one last go at the job . 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I heard Steve Coppell is also reconsidering......on the proviso that Steve doesn’t sign David James again. 

It's David James coming in as manager I heard, 

ticks all the boxes, friend of the club, Big name,  Needs the money, Useless Coach.....................Welcome David!

Archived