IGNORED

Gary Johnson

bs3

3 minutes ago, weepywall said:

..how about we try to tempt the Sunderland manager, he has kept us up before ?‍♂️

Steve's already been in touch.

The Sunderland owner said what would you say to £1 Million compensation?  Steve said "Well it's a huge sum but I can afford it "

No no says the owner "We pay you £1M to take him back!"

• Admin
1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Anyone else heard the rumour that Gary Johnson will come in as caretaker till the end of the season until City can get their preferred candidate.  Gregor MacGregor did say that City may wait until the summer to appoint a permanent manager. He could be seen by Lansdown as a very safe pair of hands. 
I suspect it’s only a rumour but nothing surprises me in football nowadays.

Let me guess, someone with 200 followers on Twitter said it was true

One reason I don't believe this (aside from the fact it's clearly nonsense) is lack of crowds.

If we had crowds, I could see this having a tiny chance of being true - he absolutely could galvanise the atmosphere at the ground if we were in a big relegation fight. Games behind closed doors wouldn't have that obviously.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Best City manager in my lifetime, mid table League One almost to the Prem, never finished below 10th in the Championship. What's not to love about that idea for a few months.

You clearly aren't very old. Got us out of L1, but then crap football, dreadful signings, zero youth policy, scouting a joke...

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

One reason I don't believe this (aside from the fact it's clearly nonsense) is lack of crowds.

If we had crowds, I could see this having a tiny chance of being true - he absolutely could galvanise the atmosphere at the ground if we were in a big relegation fight. Games behind closed doors wouldn't have that obviously.

Yeah i think him coming back would get the crowd going to be fair!

8 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

You clearly aren't very old. Got us out of L1, but then crap football, dreadful signings, zero youth policy, scouting a joke...

Moaning about our Second most successful manager post-war, and one that produced as good a vibe at Ashton Gate that I struggle to recall better

How odd 

What was it you were looking for exactly, and who do you hail as better ?

36 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Could someone give me the full rundown on what happened between you and Gary Robbo? Have seen loads mentioned about it but not full story. Did you row with him? I know you don't rate him but what happened? Genuine question 

William+Frederick+Yeames+-+And+when+did+

Robbored is wearing blue.  Gary Johnson is sat behind the desk asking the questions.

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Moaning about our Second most successful manager post-war, and one that produced as good a vibe at Ashton Gate that I struggle to recall better

How odd 

Second most successful since WW2?

I know you are referring to 6th place in 2008 but the finishing place in a league does not qualify GJ as second best since war.

AD, Terry Cooper, Joe Jordan, Steve Cotterill. Could also include Beasley and Ford.

Quality football that entertained the fans even the if only one got us to the Top League.

PS. Some of you young ones should have been around in 1982-83. Lousy league (4) but those of us who stuck with City, saw effort and guts by every member of the squad.

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

How odd 

Two seasons of success. Then a decline that it took us years to recover from.

Cooper for one had a much greater legacy and value to the club.

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

And then? What's he achieved since? Sacked by Peterborough, Northampton, Yeovil...it took until Cotts to rebuild.

Wtf has Peterborough, Northampton or Yeovil got to do with it ?

I’ll again remind you - The Second most successful manager we’ve had post war

I guess you didn’t bother celebrating the promotion or going to Wembley ?

Maybe you could answer the questions I posed instead of deflecting 

And add - Name me a manager who’s left and we didn’t need a rebuild ?

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Second most successful since WW2?

I know you are referring to 6th place in 2008 but the finishing place in a league does not qualify GJ as second best since war.

AD, Terry Cooper, Joe Jordan, Steve Cotterill. Could also include Beasley and Ford.

Quality football that entertained the fans even the if only one got us to the Top League.

Where did I say ‘best’ exactly ?

23 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Yep. Endless 1-1 draws, little excitement, long balls up to Adebola and the amount of absolute joke strikers he signed. He did a good job for first 3 years then all the rubbish he had recruited on long contracts wouldn't leave until around 2012/2013

Archived