IGNORED

Gary Johnson

bs3

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Sat next to Louis Carey in hospitality a couple of years back, he gave me the whole story of the Plymouth incident.

Carnage!

Sounds like we could deffo do with him back to inject a bit of fight in to some of these players we currently have 

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

According to the club his departure was ‘by mutual consent’ but in reality he was sacked after a very ugly brawl in the changing  room at Argyle between him and a player who he had grievously insulted. Several players had to man handle him out of the room.

The next day senior players went to SL refusing to play for him again.

Hang on....

So the OS said he left by mutual consent and made no mention of a dressing room incident.

And you’re saying that the truth was not contained in the OS

But...in answer to anything about the club you only say you’ll believe things when they’re on the OS.

Can it be you’ve been trolling all this time? It’d devastate a lot of people...

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hang on....

So the OS said he left by mutual consent and made no mention of a dressing room incident.

And you’re saying that the truth was not contained in the OS

But...in answer to anything about the club you only say you’ll believe things when they’re on the OS.

Can it be you’ve been trolling all this time? It’d devastate a lot of people...

Fair interpretation to make - but put yourself in the club’s position, an embarrassing position that their manager had being brawling with a player, have grievously insulted him and that the other players had subsequently refused to play for him? 

Yep.....I can just see that being plastered all over the OS.............:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fair interpretation to make - but put yourself in the club’s position, an embarrassing position that their manager had being brawling with a player, have grievously insulted him and that the other players had subsequently refused to play for him? 

Not on the OS, but they announced it on the Dolman tannoy.

It’s just that none could hear it!

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ah. So, in summary:

- Bad story about a man who’d made you feel like a numpty - believable if not on OS

- Everything else - unbelievable if not on OS.

Cool, thanks for clarifying ?

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wtf has Peterborough, Northampton or Yeovil got to do with it ?

I’ll again remind you - The Second most successful manager we’ve had post war

I guess you didn’t bother celebrating the promotion or going to Wembley ?

Maybe you could answer the questions I posed instead of deflecting 

And add - Name me a manager who’s left and we didn’t need a rebuild ?

I assume he didnt celebrate the double Cotterill gave us because he hasn't achieved success higher up since. 

What a bizarre man.

39 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Who’d happily take GJ’s ceiling with us just now?

I wouldn't, because he was incapable of managing anybody who dared challenge his ideas, as well as anybody who had a big personality, especially if they were from a "bigger club" so to speak. Sound familiar?

With the talent needed nowadays to get to where we have consistently been in this league, which to his credit his son achieved, GJ would not be able to control the personality's required.

Was great whilst he was here, but the end turned sour as he realised he was out of ideas, and fell out with too many players (as well as results etc).

He went on to manage clubs lower down the ladder for a reason.

Just now, Galley is our king said:

Apparently yes. Up against the wall. I know supporters who were there who said had they known what was happening they would have gone and helped him.

Helped who - Johnson or Sproule?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

According to the club his departure was ‘by mutual consent’ but in reality he was sacked after a very ugly brawl in the changing  room at Argyle between him and a player who he had grievously insulted. Several players had to man handle him out of the room.

The next day senior players went to SL refusing to play for him again.

was that on OS? sounds like rumour and speculation to me

56 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You mean the season he took us to Wembley?!

Yep. Up until January we were fantastic then limped over the line. 

Everything from that final put us back about 5 years, poor signings, poor football, massive wage budget for the time and average players on long contracts.

He was good for us don't get me wrong, not a great long term Manager.

Clearly just a rumour but I suspect he would get the team fired up in the unlikely event it was true.

Could galvanise team, fans, club although split opinion may mean the second of those is an issue.

He did great work for us, perhaps didn't get the best out of some of his latter signings but I'd have given him one last chance to rebuild as he saw fit.

PS, People said he was a busted flush after us. Untrue- okay at Northampton he bombed, however his sacking at Peterborough was probably borderline.

However he returned to Yeovil a long from their glory days in early 2012.

Kept them up...then took them up. To the Championship for first time in their history- for one year only they were the top side in the South West. Remarkable tbh! 

36 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Not justifying Mr Johnson’s actions but Sproule better known for being tricky off the pitch than on it.

If there is a comeback I’ll be cracking open a beer in celebration. These players need a grenade or two. Shame Burton’s went bust.

You have no idea what what was going on HI. Regardless of how difficult a players can be managers don’t get into fights with them.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You have no idea what what was going on HI. Regardless of how difficult a players can be managers don’t get into fights with them.

Happens quite a lot. GJ was not an isolated incident. 
For what it’s worth, I heard that Holden called a number of players “a bunch of *****” on his way out on Tuesday. 

Archived