IGNORED

Gary Johnson

bs3

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am probably one of the few on this forum who was very disappointed when Carey broke John Atyeo’s appearance record.

Steve Cotterill brought me many moments of pleasure, but I recall wincing each time he would bring on LC for a late, 10 minutes or so sub appearance, inching ever closer to the great John Atyeo’s record.

A total travesty in my view.

Absolutely Phil - well said 

A major part in derailing the best period we’d had for many years

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am probably one of the few on this forum who was very disappointed when Carey broke John Atyeo’s appearance record.

Steve Cotterill brought me many moments of pleasure, but I recall wincing each time he would bring on LC for a late, 10 minutes or so sub appearance, inching ever closer to the great John Atyeo’s record.

A total travesty in my view.

I’m the same with Murali beating Shane Warne’s wicket haul.  1) because I think he chucked it (?) and 2) my claim to fame is catching Warne out!!!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I smashed Warne back over his head in the nets when I used to open the batting for Imperial - he wasn’t all that! ??

Which Imperial team was that?  Don’t remember you smashing anyone back over their head on football tour!!!

Malbec can have hallucinatory effects!!!

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Would love to know which ones 

He is on the money though. These players have had it easy far to long. They are riding the gravy train here.

Roll on the summer and hopefully we can get rid of all the players out of contract 

Maybe- still 1/3 of season left, a lot can change.

If so, as long as they don't twig.

Monk at Sheffield Wednesday in 2019/20 announced that a load of players would be on the way out in Summer 2020- all this pre Covid, or intimated as such.

They fell from 3rd at the halfway point (overperforming yes) into a Relegation scrap. It's hard to get that balance right between keeping the carrot and getting rid- what with our injury crisis, if a load get wind they are going to be removed in the Summer how much will they put in between now and May?

Though I looked it up further and maybe getting my timelines wrong but if that carrot goes entirely, then freefall would be possible- we'd have to play a lot of them due to half the squad being out injured.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe- still 1/3 of season left, a lot can change.

If so, as long as they don't twig.

Monk at Sheffield Wednesday in 2019/20 announced that a load of players would be on the way out in Summer 2020- all this pre Covid, or intimated as such.

They fell from 3rd at the halfway point (overperforming yes) into a Relegation scrap. It's hard to get that balance right between keeping the carrot and getting rid- what with our injury crisis, if a load get wind they are going to be removed in the Summer how much will they put in between now and May?

Though I looked it up further and maybe getting my timelines wrong but if that carrot goes entirely, then freefall would be possible- we'd have to play a lot of them due to half the squad being out injured.

Just inferred the same on the “players thread”.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Which Imperial team was that?  Don’t remember you smashing anyone back over their head on football tour!!!

Malbec can have hallucinatory effects!!!

Imperial 2nd XI in the late 1980s - and my cricket prowess midway through a football tour was never going to come to the surface after a tray of jaeger bombs and a gallon of cider! I do remember wanging an inswinging yorker into the base of big Si’s middle stump though! 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Nice ??

Thers some ungrateful ********s on here

Probably my favourite City Manager all in all

I've only been watching us since 05' so around the time he joined. I'd say the same. Great few seasons when we were doing well. Naturally it started to get stale but that happens with almost all managers eventually. 

I think we've had some good people manage us - the only one I didn't really warm to as a person was SO'D but appreciated what he was trying to do. Such a shame a Bristol derby win was wasted on SO'D - imagine how much some of the other managers we've had would've enjoyed that! Millen was a bit boring but seemed nice enough. 

I think McInnes, LJ, Cotterill and Holden were all really good guys. Someone reminded me of the McInnes bus story, can't remember the specifics but he paid out of his own pocked to help get some guys home. 

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Imperial 2nd XI in the late 1980s - and my cricket prowess midway through a football tour was never going to come to the surface after a tray of jaeger bombs and a gallon of cider! I do remember wanging an inswinging yorker into the base of big Si’s middle stump though! 

That’s when mine were at their best ???

Archived