Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Gary Johnson


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Happens quite a lot. GJ was not an isolated incident. 
For what it’s worth, I heard that Holden called a number of players “a bunch of *****” on his way out on Tuesday. 

Obviously felt that they’d let him down - I got no problem with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Happens quite a lot. GJ was not an isolated incident. 
For what it’s worth, I heard that Holden called a number of players “a bunch of *****” on his way out on Tuesday. 

 

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously felt that they’d let him down - I got no problem with that.

Unless it was on his way out onto the pitch for kick off, would explain the performance some what. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Happens quite a lot. GJ was not an isolated incident. 
For what it’s worth, I heard that Holden called a number of players “a bunch of *****” on his way out on Tuesday. 

Would love to know which ones 

He is on the money though. These players have had it easy far to long. They are riding the gravy train here.

Roll on the summer and hopefully we can get rid of all the players out of contract 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Harry said:

Happens quite a lot. GJ was not an isolated incident. 
For what it’s worth, I heard that Holden called a number of players “a bunch of *****” on his way out on Tuesday. 

Heard some interesting stuff about the state of our academy and the staff working in it today mate and how the players are feeling... will pm you

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Yeh fair and also being played out of position, but still he never looked like he gave a toss

I wouldn’t either if you’re meant to be a striker getting zero service stuck on the left wing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Harry said:

Happens quite a lot. GJ was not an isolated incident. 
For what it’s worth, I heard that Holden called a number of players “a bunch of *****” on his way out on Tuesday. 

At least he didn’t confine it to Nahki Wells...

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously felt that they’d let him down - I got no problem with that.

I don’t make excuses or blame my team if I have done a shit job (sales )...if they are carrying out what I want them to do and we are not getting results it it’s not because of the team or the business it’s because my direction is not good enough.

I don’t accept excuses in my line of work maybe dean and his coaches need to look closer to home.

if this is true and he called them out as ***** maybe he is not the nice bloke everyone thinks he is.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Nakhi wells maybe. He never put any effort in

He made more runs and in put in more effort than several players.  He is so often wrongly scapegoated, because he doesn’t smile a lot.  Problem is he makes a load of runs that go unnoticed, he runs proactively.  Interesting that the couple of bright spots on Tuesday was early passes from Lansbury, picking up the early run.

But too many posters don’t see this.

Go back to “Offside Kodjia”....we delayed passes after he made great runs, then he gets caught offside.  But wasn’t he different when Tomlin came on loan who set him free because he spotted his runs and passed early.

Don't get me wrong, Wells has not been great, but when Fam just stands in the middle of the pitch, I’d be effed off being the one who has to run the sides all the time.  It’s an unequal partnership as most people who play alongside Fam find out.

Play Wells as the main-man, either on his own or with Semenyo or Bell to run the sides and then see if he’s any better / more effective / looks less lazy.  He might still be disappointing, but at least give him that chance.  He hasn’t been given it....it’s bizarre imho.

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

...if they are carrying out what I want them to do and we are not getting results it it’s not because of the team or the business it’s because my direction is not good enough.

Maybe that was what frustrated Deano - the players weren’t doing what they were supposed to do and that led to them getting him sacked.

Who knows?          :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Maybe that was what frustrated Deano - the players weren’t doing what they were supposed to do and that led to them getting him sacked.

Who knows?          :dunno:

You are possibly right and when that happens in my line of work I adapt and try and find a different way to change the result.

As a manager you are responsible and accountable for the performance of your team, throwing them under the bus when things go tits up are not the traits of a strong leader.

he wasn’t qualified, he was out of his depth I am afraid.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

You are possibly right and when that happens in my line of work I adapt and try and find a different way to change the result.

As a manager you are responsible and accountable for the performance of your team, throwing them under the bus when things go tits up are not the traits of a strong leader.

he wasn’t qualified, he was out of his depth I am afraid.

When did he throw them under the bus ? 

One thing in his credit 

 

The previous one was the specialist for that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

When did he throw them under the bus ? 

One thing in his credit 

 

The previous one was the specialist for that 

I was referencing the rumour he called them out upon leaving...whether it’s true or not. I appreciate its a rumour so no basis on this- maybe not calling them out during his tenure but if true very poor form upon leaving 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He made more runs and in put in more effort than several players.  He is so often wrongly scapegoated, because he doesn’t smile a lot.  Problem is he makes a load of runs that go unnoticed, he runs proactively.  Interesting that the couple of bright spots on Tuesday was early passes from Lansbury, picking up the early run.

But too many posters don’t see this.

Go back to “Offside Kodjia”....we delayed passes after he made great runs, then he gets caught offside.  But wasn’t he different when Tomlin came on loan who set him free because he spotted his runs and passed early.

Don't get me wrong, Wells has not been great, but when Fam just stands in the middle of the pitch, I’d be effed off being the one who has to run the sides all the time.  It’s an unequal partnership as most people who play alongside Fam find out.

Play Wells as the main-man, either on his own or with Semenyo or Bell to run the sides and then see if he’s any better / more effective / looks less lazy.  He might still be disappointing, but at least give him that chance.  He hasn’t been given it....it’s bizarre imho.

I’m not a great Wells fan but in the first 15-20 mins In Tuesday I was watching him and he was popping up all over the place and in both sides of the pitch

 

As for Diedhiou - don’t start me off

Beats his chest though so he must be passionate 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MC RISK77 said:

I was referencing the rumour he called them out upon leaving...whether it’s true or not. I appreciate its a rumour so no basis on this- maybe not calling them out during his tenure but if true very poor form upon leaving 

After their efforts in recent games I think they got away lightly if he only told them a few truths

 

Disgraceful

He might have failed because he wasn’t up to it but I’m absolutely certain it wasn’t down to his effort

 

Them - draw your own conclusions

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’m not a great Wells fan but in the first 15-20 mins In Tuesday I was watching him and he was popping up all over the place and in both sides of the pitch

 

As for Diedhiou - don’t start me off

Beats his chest though so he must be passionate 

I know, I don’t think he’s been great, but he must be so frustrated making runs and not getting it....notwithstanding having to play on the wing at times too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

You are possibly right and when that happens in my line of work I adapt and try and find a different way to change the result.

As a manager you are responsible and accountable for the performance of your team, throwing them under the bus when things go tits up are not the traits of a strong leader.

he wasn’t qualified, he was out of his depth I am afraid.

Firstly Deano didn’t have the time to find a different way. Football is a result business as we know.

Secondly - when did throw any player under the bus? I never heard him say anything negative about any player - unlike other managers I can think of.

Thirdly - I completely agree, he was out of his depth and should never have been appointed but hindsight is a wonderful thing,

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

After their efforts in recent games I think they got away lightly if he only told them a few truths

 

Disgraceful

He might have failed because he wasn’t up to it but I’m absolutely certain it wasn’t down to his effort

 

Them - draw your own conclusions

Yes disgraceful I agree but for the talent we have they look like the most poorly coached team I have ever seen watching this club.

Leadership is an art it must be very hard managing multi millionaires, to ask someone who has only coached/manager at the lower leagues to raise the bar at a club with this expectation was always a tough ask.

I respect Holden for taking the role on, anyone in his position would have, but he didn’t have the credentials for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Firstly Deano didn’t have the time to find a different way. Football is a result business as we know.

Secondly - when did throw any player under the bus? I never heard him say anything negative about any player - unlike other managers I can think of.

Thirdly - I completely agree, he was out of his depth and should never have been appointed but hindsight is a wonderful thing,

 

 

I think the big problem was Johnson actually left the club in a fair mess.
Lots of players of a similar standard, too many that played in a similar position or role. Plus the worst of all , he left the first team with no playing style, identity . Holden had to come in and impose a style on them, which TBF he started to until injuries hit Paterson & Weimann. I think it would have been a big job for an experienced coach that had been around the block a few times, for a novice who had worked under the man responsible for the chaos, virtually impossible.
I would say, although it sounds harsh, you are right he was out of his depth. But it's the coaches job to find a different way, I think the fact he had been around under the previous coach made it twice as hard.

To be perfectly honest I'd rather see Gary Johnson come in until the end of the season, than to meander along under Simpson & Dowling for months. At least he's used to sorting out messes. I don't think we'll get a coach in very quickly, which could could see us carry on with this run of form.

Edited by 1960maaan
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think the big problem was Johnson actually left the club in a fair mess.
Lots of players of a similar standard, too many that played in a similar position or role. Plus the worst of all , he left the first team with no playing style, identity . Holden had to come in and impose a style on them, which TBF he started to until injuries hit Paterson & Weimann. I think it would have been a big job for an experienced coach that had been around the block a few times, for a novice who had worked under the man responsible for the chaos, virtually impossible.
I would say, although it sounds harsh, you are right he was out of his depth. But it's the coaches job to find a different way, I think the fact he had been around under the previous coach made it twice as hard.

To be perfectly honest I'd rather see Danny Wilson come in until the end of the season, than to meander along under Simpson & Dowling for months. At last he's used to sorting out messes. I don't think we'll get a coach in very quickly, which could could see us carry on with this run of form.

I quite agree, 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harry said:

Happens quite a lot. GJ was not an isolated incident. 
For what it’s worth, I heard that Holden called a number of players “a bunch of *****” on his way out on Tuesday. 

Is he wrong though? A few probably need a few home truths

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

What the ‘Club Legend’ Who was arranging player meetings undermining Johnson behind his back 

 

Probably right down your street 

I am probably one of the few on this forum who was very disappointed when Carey broke John Atyeo’s appearance record.

Steve Cotterill brought me many moments of pleasure, but I recall wincing each time he would bring on LC for a late, 10 minutes or so sub appearance, inching ever closer to the great John Atyeo’s record.

A total travesty in my view.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...