IGNORED

Steve Lansdown interview

Red Army 75

I still reckon Neil Warnock would come running to City if Lansdown asked him.

Is he brave enough to drop his pride and offer him the job?

Would Warnock get us up?

I'll bet he would love to come here, give it everything and show every City supporter that he should have been made manager here years ago and after Gary Johnson departed. He would absolutely been a man on a mission if at BCFC.

The playing side is in such disarray, I'd offer him the job immediately at the end of the season, give him what he asks for and see where it takes us.  Odds are it will be our best ever finish in the Championship.

Look to the future thereafter.  Look to results now.

May want to start ringing round managers yourself tonight Steve, because it's going to take someone decent to turn this shower of shit around, and if the club takes "their time" otherwise known as weeks, then you'll be looking at someone to get us out of league 1 next season.

Should have sacked tweedle dum and tweedle dee when you sacked Holden as well.

10 points behind 6th place, and 10 above 22nd. Hurry up because we're not likely to get anything from the next 2 or 3 at this rate.

21 minutes ago, Taz said:

May want to start ringing round managers yourself tonight Steve, because it's going to take someone decent to turn this shower of shit around, and if the club takes "their time" otherwise known as weeks, then you'll be looking at someone to get us out of league 1 next season.

Should have sacked tweedle dum and tweedle dee when you sacked Holden as well.

10 points behind 6th place, and 10 above 22nd. Hurry up because we're not likely to get anything from the next 2 or 3 at this rate.

agreed!

i'm trying to work out why I am so angry after today's performance- after all - what should you expect when two assistants are left in charge?

i've realised it's because these two were supposed to be the tactical nous to back up DH's admitted inexperience.   and yet we looked even more clueless today.     there is no leader on the pitch either.  clueless.

21 hours ago, brad blit said:

“We need someone to come in and carry on the good worK, and keep things as they are” 

No we don’t Steve, that’s exactly the reason why we are in this mess!!!! 

This interviews smacks of we are getting in another ‘Yes’ man, Appleton here we come........ 

Exactly what I have said in another thread!

On 19/02/2021 at 21:37, BS4 on Tour... said:

An Ashton Gate crowd can’t do ‘toxic’ - a few murmurs of discontent is not ‘toxic’ - go to Italy to see ‘toxic’ or revisit Man City when they wanted Peter Swales out. A couple of years after that I was at Maine Road in 1996 on the day Man City were relegated - now that was ‘toxic’ - but it also hit me as to how loyal and passionate their traditional fans really were. Also, you could revisit the atmosphere within St. James’ Park when Newcastle fans wanted Pardew out - again, that was ‘toxic.’

I’m afraid in this lovely corner of the West Country, ‘toxic’ does not sit well and it doesn’t often rear its ugly head, if at all. LJ oversaw our record number of consecutive league defeats - our response? The odd disgruntled comment thrown bench-wards ... in Italy they’d have stormed the training ground ... ‘toxic’ we just don’t do ...

We are, as a people, more apathetic than most, here in the verdant, bucolic West Country. We just don’t get that worked up about anything. Football included.

And where we did, a bit (for us), back in the 70s and 80s, do "toxic," and give the directors and or the manager, some invective, all that has been smoothed off now by modernisation, refurbishment, redevelopment, corporatisation. By seats, and sitting down. And cctv, and banning orders.

But instead of railing against our apathy, our laid back, cannot-be-bloody-arsed West Countryism non-toxicity, we could instead celebrate it, promote it, shout about it. Own it. Be prowed of it. It is us, what sets us apart.

But we cannot be arsed to even make something of our cannot-be-arsed West Country apathy. And quite right, too.

Archived