IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

5 minutes ago, Prinny said:

AND

image.png.fc2e598fb4b0ecf7fa74e27a516c5d73.png

According to my 'Tyke buddy, Barnsley play 3-4-3, or 3-4-2-1, with Palmer and Mowatt as central, holding midfielders who stop the opposition playing. Woodrow will either play up top, or alongside Dike and Chaplin. They like to get the ball forward quickly and under Ismael are super-fit.

Just now, Curr Avon said:

According to my 'Tyke buddy, Barnsley play 3-4-3, or 3-4-2-1, with Palmer and Mowatt as central, holding midfielders who stop the opposition playing. Woodrow will either play up top, or alongside Dike and Woodrow. They like to get the ball forward quickly and under Ismael are super-fit.

Connor Chaplin is a player I find very strange, he will get in amazing positions and mess them up regularly. He's a massive danger to us in behind today the way we play. If we leave gaps they will exploit us. honestly I'd rather be defensive and hit them on the break today...

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Would prefer the look of that side with Wells instead of Fammy. It might crash and burn all the same, but would at least like a couple of matches with Wells up front with some creative players behind to find that out.

The seeming utter refusal to play Wells and Palmer together for a run in the team, when we have nothing else, is baffling to me. I'm not saying it will work, but it has before for Hudd, and we don't have creativity or chances to lose IMO!

1 minute ago, Im_over_ere said:

Surprised that Moore makes the starting line up again. Always feel that there is a mistake in him which can often lead to a goal or chance 

I think it’s probably because he can play on the left of the three. I’m not saying it’s his natural position but I think every other CB - even Kalas - struggles on the left side. Moore slightly less uncomfortable than the others is how I would put it! The left hand side of defence is a nightmare for us though with Baker, Mawson, Dasilva and Rowe all injured. 

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I dont get the continual selection of Vyner in midfield. We have plenty of actual midfielders to do that job.

Hopefully whoever comes in will realise the best formation with our squad is 4-2-3-1 with Wells the 1. Flabbergasted it hasn't been tried even once.

Agree. I would have had Bakinson in there. He looked good when he came on in midweek. 

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

The seeming utter refusal to play Wells and Palmer together for a run in the team, when we have nothing else, is baffling to me. I'm not saying it will work, but it has before for Hudd, and we don't have creativity or chances to lose IMO!

I think it must be the only attacking combination that hasn’t been tried, just don’t understand why. 

Archived