IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

Simpson and Downing don’t want the job full time then. 

I’d like to be positive, but this is more of the same. Vyner in midfield? Nagy/Bakinson benched? Lansbury starting? Lansbury AND Palmer starting? Moore back in? Sess straight in after a long injury lay off? Diedhiou back in for his afternoon walk? It’s like Dean never left. 

More of the same should result in more of the same. 

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I dont get the continual selection of Vyner in midfield. We have plenty of actual midfielders to do that job.

Hopefully whoever comes in will realise the best formation with our squad is 4-2-3-1 with Wells the 1. Flabbergasted it hasn't been tried even once.

I was about to say the same re Vyner, I honestly do not get it. 

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

3-5-2 bollocks again with our two best midfielders on the bench

Sick of playing 352 when our wing backs don’t get forward.

Mariappa, Fammy and Hunt all in again       they have been part of the problem

Wells not through the middle again well not even on the pitch.

Static midfield again. No legs in there

Looks like a Deano team with Sess added.

Deferent clowns picking the team and yet looks like the same problems.

The sooner we get rid of Deanos ‘team’ the better.

If the England under 21 coaches don’t pick the kids no one will.

Not sure what that says of what they think of them or not.

Seems like Vyner taking a holding role in midfield allowing Lansbury and Palmer to play higher up.

therefore if you want to play 3 at the back you’re left with Moore or Towler, experience winning out there. 

really hope we see more of Bell with Simpson and Downing

12 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

Surprised that Moore makes the starting line up again. Always feel that there is a mistake in him which can often lead to a goal or chance 

Yeah - I don't mind that team but Moore always looks so uncomfortable on left of three. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Might be 352 with Vyner holding.

Or we might match up a little bit with Barnsley system.

Bentley 

Mariappa Kalas Moore 

Hunt   Vyner  Lansbury  Sessegnon

Semenyo  Palmer 

Diedhiou 

Either way might not be a huge difference. Be amazed if that back 5 is not correct at least. 

Only positive I have is that Lansbury has Vyner there. Hate Lansbury as the out and out holder!

Fam needs to play well. But then again, maybe he doesn't as he is undroppable it seems.

Though Wells been poor too. We never play him as the main man.

At least Fam might be up there on his own, which is his best role I think. Just hope Palmer moves better off the ball than he normally does if he is in that role with one up top, I would want him making runs into the box which he doesn't do.

Think Semenyo might be pushed a bit further forward than usual alongside Fam.

1 minute ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I’m going to drink 3 cans of natch every goal city score today to make things a bit more interesting.

I hope I’m not sober at 5 o’clock - I may change the rules during the game to shots on target,box entries etc 

You'll be teetotal by the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I’m going to drink 3 cans of natch every goal city score today to make things a bit more interesting.

I hope I’m not sober at 5 o’clock - I may change the rules during the game to shots on target,box entries etc 

If it was one shot per corner you’d still be sober I think!

1 minute ago, Victory Park Reds said:

If the objective is to get pissed, then may I suggest you go for opposition goals? You could well on your way by 3.45

20 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

According to my 'Tyke buddy, Barnsley play 3-4-3, or 3-4-2-1, with Palmer and Mowatt as central, holding midfielders who stop the opposition playing. Woodrow will either play up top, or alongside Dike and Chaplin. They like to get the ball forward quickly and under Ismael are super-fit.

This is why I personally would have rested Kasey today. I can't see him getting much joy against a fast pressing deep 2 in midfield. Happy to be proven wrong, but I think he'll be quiet today.

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I was about to say the same re Vyner, I honestly do not get it. 

I'd get playing Vyner in midfield if we played with 4 at the back and the full backs push right up, but Vyner in midfield with 5 at the back and full backs who don't get into the opposition half just means we have a minimum of 7 defensive players on the pitch.

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Any reason , sam bell is ahead of conway and britton ?‍♂️ both have had successfull loan spells is it just daddy connections ..... if brittons fit get him in the guys a natural goalscorer.

Really haven't seen enough of all 3, but the loans of Conway and Britton allowed Bell the opportunity......

....to warm the bench every week.

He's got serious pace, use him, he could be useful in the last 15-20 of games.

10 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Sick of playing 352 when our wing backs don’t get forward.

Mariappa, Fammy and Hunt all in again       they have been part of the problem

Wells not through the middle again well not even on the pitch.

Static midfield again. No legs in there

Looks like a Deano team with Sess added.

Deferent clowns picking the team and yet looks like the same problems.

The sooner we get rid of Deanos ‘team’ the better.

If the England under 21 coaches don’t pick the kids no one will.

Not sure what that says of what they think of them or not.

Same clowns, Simpson and Downing...

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Really haven't seen enough of all 3, but the loans of Conway and Britton allowed Bell the opportunity......

....to warm the bench every week.

He's got serious pace, use him, he could be useful in the last 15-20 of games.

Semenyo has pace but cant hit a cows ass...... britton scores crap goals and good goals holds it etc etc , being quick is great but a knack for goals is pricelsss.

13 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Not seen any evidence to support that @MarcusX ?

I've said it before, none of us know the condition of the players or how they look in training. Even so much as who had a bad nights sleep or other 1% margins that get analysed these days

Can't say it's the selection I'd have picked or that it's going to work but we don't have all the facts ?‍♂️

Archived