IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

That was absolutely dreadful. Dread to think what our pass accuracy is

And don’t think I’ve ever seen a team with a collective worse first touch. Almost every time we put ourselves in a worse position than a even vaguely good first touch would have resulted in, including when under zero pressure. And to your point, the same with passes, incredibly easy passes are put behind the receiver, who’s first touch then makes it worse. Extraordinary at times. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

How many chances have the midfield provided him,

Not looking at just chances, everything with his play and aptitude just looks poor, would love it for Bell to be subbed on at half time for him, he and Antoine making runs in behind this Barnsley back line with Palmer feeding

We sack Johnson & give the job to his assistant and expect something fundamentally to change. It doesn't

We sack Holden and give the job to his assistants and expect something fundamentally to change. It isn't happening.

As I said a week ago, get someone in temporarily with strategic ability and able to motivate the players we have to survive this year. Then make a long term appointment in the close season when there will be more choice available. Frankly, I'm not impressed by any of the runners and riders so far.

5 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Michelle Owen on sky was just asked if the change in management had changed anything? Her response “No Jeff, if anything they’re worse, Barnsley have had all the ball and City have created absolutely nothing... 

what the **** has happened to us!!

At least if we're that bad, internal promotion(s) won't be on the cards this time.

Holden had to go, these two clowns should have been given their p45's at the same time. At the end of the day if anything, they're the ones that have been doing more of the "coaching" this season....

5 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Michelle Owen on sky was just asked if the change in management had changed anything? Her response “No Jeff, if anything they’re worse, Barnsley have had all the ball and City have created absolutely nothing... 

what the **** has happened to us!!

Gotta love Michelle Owen. Nailed it. We'd do better with no-one picking the side.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Not looking at just chances, everything with his play and aptitude just looks poor, would love it for Bell to be subbed on at half time for him, he and Antoine making runs in behind this Barnsley back line with Palmer feeding

Maybe play the ball to him instead of lumping up to him would actually help

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I really hope Landsdown and co have been watching this, are assessing the 2 coaches and don't take weeks to sort out the next manager. Someone with experience and coaching ability is desperately needed to improve this team and quickly.  The longer this goes on the harder it will be to turn this around.

Give them a chance. They’ve only had a couple of days with the players. I’m sure in 6 weeks time they’ll be ready to take on the role full time. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

The dearth of quality from us....wow.

The lack of football intelligence in either our runs beyond their back line....wow.

The lack of football intelligence to not try to play that pass when the runner has run offside....wow.

The lack of football intelligence from Bentley's distribution....wow.  Cost Hunt a yellow from an early throw out.  And kicks straight down the middle.

Took a full 30 mins to play 3 structured passes - HL > AS > JH

Harem Scarem pressing from Barnsley, but our coaches have shown no gameplay to combat it.

Vyner absolutely non-existent in there, Lansbury not screening, in which case it needs them to stop playing side by side, and work it out themselves.

Moore, some shaky moments, but a couple of key interventions too, lets hope he can take confidence from that.

Semenyo has the beating of Andersen in behind.

Eff me Simmo and Keith (no nickname) - you've got to do better in your prep than this!!!

@Davefevsfor manager. 

They look like 11 players who haven’t ever met before. 

My ambition for this season now is merely survival in the league. What a shambles 

1 minute ago, Squire Dastardly said:

We sack Johnson & give the job to his assistant and expect something fundamentally to change. It doesn't

We sack Holden and give the job to his assistants and expect something fundamentally to change. It isn't happening.

As I said a week ago, get someone in temporarily with strategic ability and able to motivate the players we have to survive this year. Then make a long term appointment in the close season when there will be more choice available. Frankly, I'm not impressed by any of the runners and riders so far.

That’s what I would have done. Got Pearson in on a hefty bonus to keep us in the division and say to him “have a look at it and if you keep us up we’ll chat about the plans for next season and the job’s yours if you want it or you can walk away if you don’t “.

Archived