IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

1 minute ago, Capman said:

It’s funny to watch those who spent years clamouring for Johnson to be sacked moaning that this situation is all down to the owner and Ashton. Lee’s doing ok at the moment. 

He took over the biggest club in league one, with a good squad, who were 7th in the league at the time! 

Don't forget that our style of play and dour boring rubbish was created by him. 

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

LJ started this rot, Holden continued it and now Simpson & Downing are adding to the Sh1te

You couldn’t be more wrong mate, with LJ we had stability , yes we would have a losing streak but we would also have a winning streak, now all we have is a losing streak, we have fallen so far since sacking LJ 

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

“Wonder what’s going through Mark Ashtons mind now” a P45 I hope. 

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Just now, IAmNick said:

I want to agree, but then how have we finished mid table the last few seasons. Either Lee (and Holden until now) have been working absolute magic, or our players aren't actually that bad.

I guess it's probably more that the players are individually good but not a team.

You could certainly argue now LJ over-achieved, but others will say he was part of the problem. In the past now.

I agree with you, I don't think the players are bad, but the trend of quality coming in over the last 2 seasons has IMO become at least increasingly poor.

This is relation to the aim of building a squad to challenge the top 6, as the owner has stated he aims for.

Clearly this squad has lost all confidence. 

3 minutes ago, Capman said:

It’s funny to watch those who spent years clamouring for Johnson to be sacked moaning that this situation is all down to the owner and Ashton. Lee’s doing ok at the moment. 

Lee did a good job, but took us as far as he could and sacking him was correct, what is suppose to happen is employ someone to Improve us we didn't we employed his assistant and expected something different 

Bloody depressing. Did not lay a glove on the opposition again.

The players without a contract clearly do not give a stuff. If something does not change soon we are heading down without so much as a whimper. We needed 11 points from 22 not so long ago. Now it’s 11 from 15, soon I suspect to be 11 from 13. I have no idea at all where they are coming from.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Winning away at Burton with a squad budget of at least 10x theirs? Yeh amazing. 

Let’s not forget he started this. 

Started what exactly? He seemed to me to be delivering top half championship finishes on a regular basis. Still, if you like. To be honest I find the endless whining a bit pathetic really. 

I counted 14 touches in the final third during that 2nd half. 5 of them came in a 30 second spell where we had 2 throw ins. 

Our only 2 completed passes in the final third came in that 20 second spell. 

I think we only had 1 touch in the opposition box all game. And that was Palmers cross after their keeper gifted it. 

@Davefevscan you see if the prozone stats back that up please. 

That performance was worse than Watford and worse than Reading. It was the worst I’ve ever seen I think. We completed 2, yes 2 passes in the final third!! That is utterly shocking. 

Archived