IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

22 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Is it bad to say I don’t really care if we get relegated? They will deserve it. 

City have form on this of course.

14 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Even Rene is criticising the bosses now

Does he know he is already for the exit door then?

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

How about this sack of shite players mind , can’t pass a ball 20 yds , can’t tackle , can’t be arsed to move , zero character , 

Aside to any selections or tactics they are an embarrassment 

Usually, when a club sacks a manager, they also sack the assistants because, duhh, it's the entire team that created the dire results. Considering the situation we have witnessed and knowing this was always a bonkers appointment it would be astonishing for any other club to retain the services of these two. By contrast, entirely predictable of City.

You could go further and say jeopardising our status unnecessarily.

So many questions.....

Are we supremely unfit? Every team we play seems to be so much sharper, in everything they do. 

And why persist with the system and the clearly deliberate tactic not to press? It doesn't give us a chance. We just never have enough bodies forward.

When you start a game with 7 of your 11 players being made of the GK and Defenders, you can't expect attacking football. 

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

We were nowhere near the current state of affairs when he left and I'd put my house on us being in a better place now had he stayed.

No rose tinted specs, and at the time I felt maybe it was the time for him to move on - but don't blame him for the abject state we're now in.

We might be in a better place had he stayed, but we’d be in a much better place if we’d just appointed someone who wasn’t part of his problem. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I counted 14 touches in the final third during that 2nd half. 5 of them came in a 30 second spell where we had 2 throw ins. 

Our only 2 completed passes in the final third came in that 20 second spell. 

I think we only had 1 touch in the opposition half all game. And that was Palmers cross after their keeper gifted it. 

@Davefevscan you see if the prozone stats back that up please. 

That performance was worse than Watford and worse than Reading. It was the worst I’ve ever seen I think. We competed 2, yes 2 passes in the final third!! That is utterly shocking. 

Some of our players must have pass completion rates under 50% in that game. Ive mentioned it before and I hate singling out a player after a team performance that bad, but the number of times we turn over possession when Hunt has the ball is astounding. 

I thought Kalas and KP had a bit of drive; Bakinson tried when he came on but is really imprecise. Antoine has promise but, again, so imprecise in some really basic things. Everyone else in outfield for us looked like going through the motions and took to field already beaten.

You might be right about it being one of worst ever - I remember seeing lots of bad football watching City. Don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this run of attack v defence since the Huddersfield second half. 

I just don't think they can let Downing and Simpson have another game because something is really off and we are in a position where it is literally almost impossible to be doing worse. 

All I can say Mr Landsdown, is listen to the overwhelming majority of the fan base and get a manager who can somehow motivate and lead this absolute shower of a Professional football team. 
The players look lost and confused, which stems from abysmal leadership.  You as the owner must act now and stop the rot or for sure we’ll be playing league one again next season.

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

City have form on this of course.

Does he know he is already for the exit door then?

Usually, when a club sacks a manager, they also sack the assistants because, duhh, it's the entire team that created the dire results. Considering the situation we have witnessed and knowing this was always a bonkers appointment it would be astonishing for any other club to retain the services of these two. By contrast, entirely predictable of City.

You could go further and say jeopardising our status unnecessarily.

Tell that to the posters who claimed the decline under LJ had nothing to do with Holden.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

We might be in a better place had he stayed, but we’d be in a much better place if we’d just appointed someone who wasn’t part of his problem. 

That's possibly true. But we were always likely to appoint Holden or McAllister (or I thought so anyway). Not saying I thought we should have done - just that it was always on the cards.

Archived