IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

For sure, he has the reaction speed of a sloth on Ketamine. 

However, the two stooges won't win a single game and will be unlikely to draw any.

No point having a so-called "rigorous process" and appoint a man who will have to fight relegation from day one. 

We know who the main candidates should be Just don't dither. If you want someone, pay them what they want. 

On the positive side after today, at least we’ve run out of credible assistants that SL would consider giving the job to!

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If ever you desperately need a plumber- I know just the guy?

My point is that they should have already identified their candidate by close of play after Watford.

Maybe they have?- although it doesnt appear too likely .

Don't disagree with that.  But they didn't.

Just as they did about this around this stage of last season, they buried their heads in the sand

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

On the positive side after today, at least we’ve run out of credible assistants that SL would consider giving the job to!

I dunno.

I dread the return of Tins as temporary first team coach.

Great in the job he has now, but once in charge of the first-team we know no shake-up will be implemented and the guys who've been here for a long time, who he's mates with, will continue to turn out and disgrace the club.

We saw it before alas

7 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

We most certainly are and my bet is we are down....... 

Starting to believe it myself. Been saying for weeks we could go down. But I’m not sure I’ve ever thought we really will be relegated.

Now I’m starting to genuinely worry. We just look completely limp. We’re not getting unlucky, we’re comfortably losing week in week out. 

The really worrying thing is you could argue we’ve been really poor all season long - it’s just we’re getting the results we actually deserve now. If that’s the case, where’s the hope we’ll pick results up again suddenly? 

First of all the performance was abject from a team that lack many things but most of all team spirit.  I 've been a fan since the 60's and experienced everything, even the club nearly going out of business and seen many abject performances and times when the crowd was not bigger than today but we are at another turning point.  

SL knows in finance you sometimes have to make a quick decision or the opportunity has passed you by, we need the rapid recruitment of a manager/coach or they will be interviewing for a 1st division manager!

Its really worrying, a new manager will come in and I dont know how he Will make a team of What we got. We have nothing, absoulute nothing in our play that we could call play. Repet my self saying it was a big misstake selling Eliasson, neither LJ or DH would play him. So far he has scored four goals for his Nimes in Ligue1, they are low in the table. For the first time this season Im pessimistic. Cant se how we could beat another team. Really Hope our next manager can. Anyway: COYR!!!

13 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Starting to believe it myself. Been saying for weeks we could go down. But I’m not sure I’ve ever thought we really will be relegated.

Now I’m starting to genuinely worry. We just look completely limp. We’re not getting unlucky, we’re comfortably losing week in week out. 

The really worrying thing is you could argue we’ve been really poor all season long - it’s just we’re getting the results we actually deserve now. If that’s the case, where’s the hope we’ll pick results up again suddenly? 

Exactly this...... I haven't been able to bring myself to watch them again after Watford it is truly abysmal. It will take some turning the tide but I think that will only start to happen next season in a new division. As SL stated he's too blame.... 

15 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Simpsons interview was a car crash after the first 15 seconds

Simpson said “we let in the goal from a set piece which was very poor so apart from that a draw was the least we deserved “ God help us 

30 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If ever you desperately need a plumber- I know just the guy?

My point is that they should have already identified their candidate by close of play after Watford.

Maybe they have?- although it doesnt appear too likely .

They should have...not least because they must have known Holden was a gamble. The list of potential managers who could and would manage Bristol City at any point in time is not infinite. It must have been someone's job to keep that list permanently updated.

Supported the City for 60 years and will do until my last breath. Needless to say it’s been character building. 

Have said for several weeks that our performances and stats = relegation and without a huge improvement we are destined to go down and genuinely could well not win again this season and may even not score again this season. The comparison above with Hull really is a stark reminder of our predicament. 

Yesterday SL spoke of a predictable and time consuming approach to recruiting a new Head Coach, however, we need to act quickly to stop and reverse this mess and give ourselves some hope of avoiding being in league 1 next season.

Mr L also spoke of a long-term appointment. Right now how about we consider getting somebody in initially on a contract to the end of the season with an agreed bonus if we don’t get relegated (I know this is as per WBA and Big Sam which isn’t looking like a success story). Then we can regroup at the end of the season (cos we do lots of that) when there will be more options open to us and make a long-term appointment. 

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

Well unfortunate for the rest of us, you got your wish and he was sacked and now we find ourselves in a relegation dog fight 

He created this mess in the first place, with his dire football and the players he signed to play his dire way.

Hopefully we can now get a decent manager in, the first since SC.

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

What a mess the club's got itself in - and SL talked about not 'destroying' what they've built. Mate you've built a sand castle on a tidal beach.

Who would ever wanna be king, hey?? Can even get Chris Martin to sing it! 

?

And I discovered that my castles stand

Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear relegation bells are ringing 

Rotherham, Brum and Wednesday winning 

Look in the mirror, Dean Holden squealed

Or Ashton Gate will become a league 1 field

For some reason I can’t explain 

Once Mark arrived there was never 

Never an honest word

That was when I ruled the world 

?

6CB85E71-4BAC-4EC0-95DF-23FAB8221A79.jpeg

60A37CB6-3F21-4A54-BF7B-B4EAE2C1E947.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who would ever wanna be king, hey?? Can even get Chris Martin to sing it! 

?

And I discovered that my castles stand

Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear relegation bells are ringing 

Rotherham, Brum and Wednesday winning 

Look in the mirror, Dean Holden squealed

Or Ashton Gate will become a league 1 field

For some reason I can’t explain 

Once Mark arrived there was never 

Never an honest word

That was when I ruled the world 

?