IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Make no mistake we are the worst team in the league right now. We need an immediate appointment we cannot afford to "go through the process", this isn't the summer where we have the luxury of time. It's not hyperbole to suggest we are in a crisis.

Funk Likes GIF by Kölsche Funke rut-wiess vun 1823 e.V.

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

The bloke who holds the record for our record run of defeats..........would never of got us into this situation??

We never, during any run of defeats under LJ, looked remotely as poor as we do now, we never saw one more abject performance after the other, we never looked like shipping goals for fun, and we never looked so utterly devoid of ...well, just about anything frankly.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

I counted 14 touches in the final third during that 2nd half. 5 of them came in a 30 second spell where we had 2 throw ins. 

Our only 2 completed passes in the final third came in that 20 second spell. 

I think we only had 1 touch in the opposition box all game. And that was Palmers cross after their keeper gifted it. 

@Davefevscan you see if the prozone stats back that up please. 

That performance was worse than Watford and worse than Reading. It was the worst I’ve ever seen I think. We completed 2, yes 2 passes in the final third!! That is utterly shocking. 

I’ll check Wyscout tomorrow. Doesn’t update til tomorrow afternoon.

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

While we’re having a moan, why do our shirts look like they were bought in a cheap Thai market?

one shower of rain and they look like they’d fall to pieces 

Because they were probably bought in a cheap Thai market.

Pro£it !

The only thing that seems to matter to Ashton and the Lansdowns.

3 minutes ago, bcfcchampions2015 said:

All I can say Mr Landsdown, is listen to the overwhelming majority of the fan base and get a manager who can somehow motivate and lead this absolute shower of a Professional football team. 
The players look lost and confused, which stems from abysmal leadership.  You as the owner must act now and stop the rot or for sure we’ll be playing league one again next season.

Nigel Pearson it is then!

Sounds like it was a blessing that I could not waste £10 today, crap streaming platform and crap game, even switched off RB long before the end - would it be fair to say that the 2 England coaches should have been put out to grass years ago?

Come on Steve, the club you claim to love has become a joke - let’s have clear out, starting with Ashton and his cronies.

Well dumb and dumber can crack open a bottle tonight and celebrate only losing by 1. 

Need to get rid of these idiots and hand over to tinion at least he knows the players and maybe has some different ideas on how to set the team up.

So do not understand

No Nagy although our most consistent midfielder and when he comes on plays at RB

Landsbury looks unfit and no where near it starts

Mariappa looks past it and slow but played so vyner can be pushed forward when he is better in defence

Started fam although been poor spent most of the game stood off side

No HNM although played well recently

Brought on pair despite again being cheap recently

Lots more but just getting angry

26 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

No reason to mate. Plenty have done it at that level, but can’t make the step up, he’s just done it in reverse.

Just because of the shit show were’re seeing here at the moment doesn’t suddenly promote him to being good after all.

I thought he was good for us. Right time to go but we progressed under him. I understand your view of his time here and Im definitely not going to argue with it (that discussion has been had to death). But I think LJ might be the sort of person to learn from past mistakes and think he might end up a decent manager beyond League One. Anyway - not the time or place for that chat and happy to agree to disagree.

Its at times like these that you ask why we got rid of Szmodics!

The new manager should have every player in the office individually and ask them if they want to play for the team next season. If not, tell em to go home and stay there. Then threaten them with a cut in wages for the week if they don't play well enough. That would make the fairies play better.

I have supported City for over 50 years through the good and the bad and I cannot remember ever feeling as bad as this about the whole team. No passion, no ability, no balls - a disgrace.

Rant over!

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

If this doesn't show that the Lansdowns need to act fast, I don't know what does.

How many STs will they sell while fans are bring asked to watch this dross?

I don't think that's too relevant atm, Robbo.

I also think an instant appointment in a knee jerk type reaction could be just another disaster.

What really gets me is that SL MUST have seen the writing on the wall with Deano. Surely at that point- you look very seriously at who you would want just in case. Line your ducks in a row.

This "that's not the way BCFC does it" just don't cut any ice with me.

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I don't think that's too relevant atm, Robbo.

I also think an instant appointment in a knee jerk type reaction could be just another disaster.

What really gets me is that SL MUST have seen the writing on the wall with Deano. Surely at that point- you look very seriously at who you would want just in case. Line your ducks in a row.

This "that's not the way BCFC does it" just don't cut any ice with me.

For sure, he has the reaction speed of a sloth on Ketamine. 

However, the two stooges won't win a single game and will be unlikely to draw any.

No point having a so-called "rigorous process" and appoint a man who will have to fight relegation from day one. 

We know who the main candidates should be Just don't dither. If you want someone, pay them what they want. 

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I counted 14 touches in the final third during that 2nd half. 5 of them came in a 30 second spell where we had 2 throw ins. 

Our only 2 completed passes in the final third came in that 20 second spell. 

I think we only had 1 touch in the opposition box all game. And that was Palmers cross after their keeper gifted it. 

@Davefevscan you see if the prozone stats back that up please. 

That performance was worse than Watford and worse than Reading. It was the worst I’ve ever seen I think. We completed 2, yes 2 passes in the final third!! That is utterly shocking. 

The main difference that I picked up from todays game was that it did appear that there was at least more effort from the players with the exception of Paterson who did his hiding and tackle avoidance act and Diedhiou who looks as if he couldn't give a toss.

Absolutely dreadful, but the effort was mostly there so there is a very small positive to build on.

8 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I thought he was good for us. Right time to go but we progressed under him. I understand your view of his time here and Im definitely not going to argue with it (that discussion has been had to death). But I think LJ might be the sort of person to learn from past mistakes and think he might end up a decent manager beyond League One. Anyway - not the time or place for that chat and happy to agree to disagree.

Yep, as you say it’s been done to death now  and we’ve got far bigger things to worry about than our past managers.

Really hope the next one’s right, but the biggest issue could be the structure, rather than who the head coach is and if so, we’re well and truly in the shit!!!

Archived