IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

2. 2. How many will City score?

3. 3. How many will Barnsley Score?

4. 4. How many shots on target will we have?

5. 5. Who do you TRUST the MOST to pick the next head coach?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/20/21 at 15:01

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

And we won't have a problem with the new person bringing their own coaching team in with them

So true, every cloud has a silver lining and all that.  

Not too many positives around for City fans at the moment, but that’s one less thing to have to work around for the new appointment, so there can be little argument if they want to bring their own team in.

Just hope we get it done quickly with performances in freefall.  I’ve never been a fan of short-term appointments until the end of the season, but things are starting to look dcary and we can’t wait 6 weeks to get someone on board this time.

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I dunno.

I dread the return of Tins as temporary first team coach.

Great in the job he has now, but once in charge of the first-team we know no shake-up will be implemented and the guys who've been here for a long time, who he's mates with, will continue to turn out and disgrace the club.

We saw it before alas

That’s certainly a danger, but hopefully it’ll just light a fire under SL and the board, so they don’t piss around like last summer and just try to get their chosen target quickly, not wait and see who applies.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I blame @Prinny, since he’s started doing the MDT and these polls we’ve fallen off a cliff....???

Over 70% of people thought we'd score a goal today, I think I'm helping their confidence. I even put COYR at the end of my OP, to show my support!

AND 

Forever Bristol City: Joined Podbean on 06/21/2020

Coincidence? I think not. that's right at the start of our post lockdown losing run culminating in LJs firing and Holden's hiring.

I think it's the negative fancasts that are ruining the attackers confidence. If only you guys would be more positive about the team I'm sure they'd do much better. Ian making comments about Nahki Wells' height has ruined him. You guys just don't care about the effects of your words... :whistle:

On 20/02/2021 at 18:23, Jerseybean said:

Supported the City for 60 years and will do until my last breath. Needless to say it’s been character building. 

Have said for several weeks that our performances and stats = relegation and without a huge improvement we are destined to go down and genuinely could well not win again this season and may even not score again this season. The comparison above with Hull really is a stark reminder of our predicament. 

Yesterday SL spoke of a predictable and time consuming approach to recruiting a new Head Coach, however, we need to act quickly to stop and reverse this mess and give ourselves some hope of avoiding being in league 1 next season.

Mr L also spoke of a long-term appointment. Right now how about we consider getting somebody in initially on a contract to the end of the season with an agreed bonus if we don’t get relegated (I know this is as per WBA and Big Sam which isn’t looking like a success story). Then we can regroup at the end of the season (cos we do lots of that) when there will be more options open to us and make a long-term appointment. 

If NP is confirmed I will start to believe that (1) Mr L reads OTIB and that (2) those of us who suggested the approach outlined above helped to inform the thinking ??

Archived