Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Barnsley (H) - Sat 20th Feb 15:00 - Matchday thread

Bristol Sport Customer Survey  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I counted 14 touches in the final third during that 2nd half. 5 of them came in a 30 second spell where we had 2 throw ins. 

Our only 2 completed passes in the final third came in that 20 second spell. 

I think we only had 1 touch in the opposition box all game. And that was Palmers cross after their keeper gifted it. 

@Davefevscan you see if the prozone stats back that up please. 

That performance was worse than Watford and worse than Reading. It was the worst I’ve ever seen I think. We completed 2, yes 2 passes in the final third!! That is utterly shocking. 

The main difference that I picked up from todays game was that it did appear that there was at least more effort from the players with the exception of Paterson who did his hiding and tackle avoidance act and Diedhiou who looks as if he couldn't give a toss.

Absolutely dreadful, but the effort was mostly there so there is a very small positive to build on.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I thought he was good for us. Right time to go but we progressed under him. I understand your view of his time here and Im definitely not going to argue with it (that discussion has been had to death). But I think LJ might be the sort of person to learn from past mistakes and think he might end up a decent manager beyond League One. Anyway - not the time or place for that chat and happy to agree to disagree.

Yep, as you say it’s been done to death now  and we’ve got far bigger things to worry about than our past managers.

Really hope the next one’s right, but the biggest issue could be the structure, rather than who the head coach is and if so, we’re well and truly in the shit!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

For sure, he has the reaction speed of a sloth on Ketamine. 

However, the two stooges won't win a single game and will be unlikely to draw any.

No point having a so-called "rigorous process" and appoint a man who will have to fight relegation from day one. 

We know who the main candidates should be Just don't dither. If you want someone, pay them what they want. 

On the positive side after today, at least we’ve run out of credible assistants that SL would consider giving the job to!

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If ever you desperately need a plumber- I know just the guy😁

My point is that they should have already identified their candidate by close of play after Watford.

Maybe they have?- although it doesnt appear too likely .

Don't disagree with that.  But they didn't.

Just as they did about this around this stage of last season, they buried their heads in the sand

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

5 games without a goal according to the commentary.

We've probably only had 2 or 3 shots on target in those 5 games. It doesn't bode well regardless.

Fevs?

6 shots in target in 5 games. 0 goals.

• Thanks 1

Oh my word.

That performance is up there with the worst I’ve seen. You’d think the players would have a point to prove, but it looked like they didn’t have a care in the world. 

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

On the positive side after today, at least we’ve run out of credible assistants that SL would consider giving the job to!

I dunno.

I dread the return of Tins as temporary first team coach.

Great in the job he has now, but once in charge of the first-team we know no shake-up will be implemented and the guys who've been here for a long time, who he's mates with, will continue to turn out and disgrace the club.

We saw it before alas

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

6 shots in target in 5 games. 0 goals.

Jeez, that's awful. 

Let's be honest here, yes, we lost today but we didn't deserve to get anything either. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

We most certainly are and my bet is we are down....... 

Starting to believe it myself. Been saying for weeks we could go down. But I’m not sure I’ve ever thought we really will be relegated.

Now I’m starting to genuinely worry. We just look completely limp. We’re not getting unlucky, we’re comfortably losing week in week out. 

The really worrying thing is you could argue we’ve been really poor all season long - it’s just we’re getting the results we actually deserve now. If that’s the case, where’s the hope we’ll pick results up again suddenly? 

• Like 1

First of all the performance was abject from a team that lack many things but most of all team spirit.  I 've been a fan since the 60's and experienced everything, even the club nearly going out of business and seen many abject performances and times when the crowd was not bigger than today but we are at another turning point.  

SL knows in finance you sometimes have to make a quick decision or the opportunity has passed you by, we need the rapid recruitment of a manager/coach or they will be interviewing for a 1st division manager!

Its really worrying, a new manager will come in and I dont know how he Will make a team of What we got. We have nothing, absoulute nothing in our play that we could call play. Repet my self saying it was a big misstake selling Eliasson, neither LJ or DH would play him. So far he has scored four goals for his Nimes in Ligue1, they are low in the table. For the first time this season Im pessimistic. Cant se how we could beat another team. Really Hope our next manager can. Anyway: COYR!!!

13 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Starting to believe it myself. Been saying for weeks we could go down. But I’m not sure I’ve ever thought we really will be relegated.

Now I’m starting to genuinely worry. We just look completely limp. We’re not getting unlucky, we’re comfortably losing week in week out. 

The really worrying thing is you could argue we’ve been really poor all season long - it’s just we’re getting the results we actually deserve now. If that’s the case, where’s the hope we’ll pick results up again suddenly? 

Exactly this...... I haven't been able to bring myself to watch them again after Watford it is truly abysmal. It will take some turning the tide but I think that will only start to happen next season in a new division. As SL stated he's too blame.... 

15 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Simpsons interview was a car crash after the first 15 seconds

Simpson said “we let in the goal from a set piece which was very poor so apart from that a draw was the least we deserved “ God help us 

30 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If ever you desperately need a plumber- I know just the guy😁

My point is that they should have already identified their candidate by close of play after Watford.

Maybe they have?- although it doesnt appear too likely .

They should have...not least because they must have known Holden was a gamble. The list of potential managers who could and would manage Bristol City at any point in time is not infinite. It must have been someone's job to keep that list permanently updated.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Simpson said “we let in the goal from a set piece which was very poor so apart from that a draw was the least we deserved “ God help us 

**** me he would have done a great job as the Iraqi Minister of Communications......

It is going to take a really big character and skilled person to sort this mess out. It has been building for 2, maybe 3 seasons. Too many had their heads in the sand and not being brutally self critical. This season is only about survival now. We look like a relegated side, we play like a side about to be relegated. We have minimal shots on goal, so where are the 4 or 5 wins for survival coming from ? We have to win one in 3 now. Steve L is in cloud la la land if he thinks the only issue is the first team coach. Our squad is all over the place, and do you really think 8 out of contract players are going to give their all to fight relegation, with a potential injury scuppering a new contract elsewhere ? Putting Holden on charge is the worst of a long line of Steve L appointments, keeping the architect of the squad in place is a close second. 

• Like 2

Supported the City for 60 years and will do until my last breath. Needless to say it’s been character building. 

Have said for several weeks that our performances and stats = relegation and without a huge improvement we are destined to go down and genuinely could well not win again this season and may even not score again this season. The comparison above with Hull really is a stark reminder of our predicament. 

Yesterday SL spoke of a predictable and time consuming approach to recruiting a new Head Coach, however, we need to act quickly to stop and reverse this mess and give ourselves some hope of avoiding being in league 1 next season.

Mr L also spoke of a long-term appointment. Right now how about we consider getting somebody in initially on a contract to the end of the season with an agreed bonus if we don’t get relegated (I know this is as per WBA and Big Sam which isn’t looking like a success story). Then we can regroup at the end of the season (cos we do lots of that) when there will be more options open to us and make a long-term appointment. 

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

Well unfortunate for the rest of us, you got your wish and he was sacked and now we find ourselves in a relegation dog fight 

He created this mess in the first place, with his dire football and the players he signed to play his dire way.

Hopefully we can now get a decent manager in, the first since SC.

• Like 1