IGNORED

Richard Latham

Allwaysred

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

It is Lansdown who has to adjust his vision of the club and how it runs before we ever see the club reach its potential. He appointed Ashton and Ashton is running the club in the way Lansdown wants. So I can't see how getting rid of Ashton will change anything if Lansdown wants the club run the way it currently is. By the way I am not saying he should stay but everything hinges on Lansdown and what he wants.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the structure of having a Chief Executive in charge, just that Ashton is not the right man to be in that position. Also, there are some areas, like transfer targets that would be better in the hand of a trained scout whereas the impression is Ashton is doing this based off statistics.

4 hours ago, dREDful said:

I'm convinced they'll take their time as SL said and it will allow Simpson to get a few wins under his belt, this will get the board excited and Simpson will be appointed 3rd week of March on a one year rolling contract as the standout candidate.

TBH I'd take another hammering today to ensure they get a move on and for once appoint a Championship manager out of sheer desperation. 

Where we are in the table at the moment time is very much against us having seen what Simpson and downing have contributed so far doesn't fill me with much optimism hope I'm wrong 

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Mid table Championship is our default position, anything higher (4 seasons in Division 1 & one play off final) we're punching above our weight.

Remember that this club has NEVER  won a major trophy. 

Tbh for a club who has never won a major trophy or played in the top division since the 80s we have a very good fan base , to pull in an average of over 20,000 a game for a club who’s never had success is extremely good

just imagine our potential if at some point we had a few years prem , certainly bigger catchment area compared to Brighton , Burnley and others alike 

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

We are one of the biggest clubs in the Champ in terms of support (inc parachute clubs) and finance (exc parachute clubs) so I dont know what Latham is on about. 

Agree whole hardheartedly. Sick to death of people playing us down in terms of size.

Forget COVID for a minute. We have the stadium and we have the fan base that can easily grow in a highly populated City.

Its the mindset of those in charge and some of its followers that holds its stature back

34 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Agree whole hardheartedly. Sick to death of people playing us down in terms of size.

Forget COVID for a minute. We have the stadium and we have the fan base that can easily grow in a highly populated City.

Its the mindset of those in charge and some of its followers that holds its stature back

Totally agree to be honest , have virtually stopped posting over the last few weeks , firstly because of the appalling state of the team under Holden but also because the forum is overpopulated by manic depressives , drives me mad , get a grip .

We are a good sized team with huge potential albeit unfulfilled , who cares what Latham thinks , the good thing about Lansdown’s interview was he looked and sounded chastened which is not a bad thing , hope it’s a wake up call, think he realises for all the itk people on here this is as vital an appointment as it gets and I want to believe he will get it right . 

Also is it only me that laughs out loud when certain managers are mentioned and are written off because either someone knows  they won’t come because they are itk  ! their mate thinks they are crap , or  even better when they say it’s a no from me , ffs who cares! 

6 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Bit of positivity the last 10 home games against Barnsley won 8 drew 2 never mind they were due to beat us

Battered us for 95mins and took 3pts. 

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Latham was relevant about 25-30yrs ago, no more mates behind the scenes and is trying to stay in touch.

Dinosaur.

And most of his comments are true and still relevant 30yrs later.

Archived