IGNORED

Emma Hayes MBE

M.D

With Steve Lansdown replying to a question about a new head coach yesterday and answering with a 'He or she'

Do we think Chelsea woman's manager Emma Hayes is on the list of 12 and would we consider her for the job?

If so, how would we feel to have the first female head coach in the game?

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Remembering when , was it Southampton went for the England rugby coach, Clive Woodward, why dont we ask Pat Lam to combine both us and The Bears ?

In a back room role though 

on Steve’s comment I said elsewhere it’s probably a precaution, if we had a female coach apply you could imagine headlines if they went to the press or social media to say how the owner of a club is only considering male candidates from the outset when women have applied as well.

just avoids bad press 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Since we play like a girls team anyway, maybe a girls coach might work.

Reminds me of a game at Newcastle when we lost 5-0 with Cole and Jacki totally non existent up front.

On the way home, one guy on the coach said "Denis Smith will play the City's Women's team next Saturday, so we will have eleven real xxxxx on the pitch instead of the shower we saw today".

I hope that doesn't offend anyone. I'll accept male, female, chimpanzee or gashead as manager/head coach if they play attractive, winning football.

Leave a safe job that has been held for over 8 years, top of the women’s game, still to win Champions League to join the wild circus of the men’s game where the pay is little better but you’ll get tonnes of abuse and have to move house every six months to the next hellhole town? 

1 hour ago, M.D said:

With Steve Lansdown replying to a question about a new head coach yesterday and answering with a 'He or she'

Do we think Chelsea woman's manager Emma Hayes is on the list

I’d be flabbergasted.

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Do we think Chelsea woman's manager Emma Hayes is on the list of 12 and would we consider her for the job?

That’s a thumbs up from me.

If she gets the job I think that would be the final nail in the coffin, managing with a top budget and the best players she has done OK but managing at our level where the players need to be coached, which by the look of it hasn't happened this season I don't think Steve Lansdown would even dream of appointing her but welcome Emma and good luck

II don’t see any reason at all why a woman could not manage a men’s team and the comparison to Clive Woodward is ridiculous.

At the same time, I would have thought the first female manager in the men’s game will come in league one or two rather than the Championship. Emma Hayes is a proven winner and I would take her over some of the candidates who are being mooted but I certainly don‘t see it.

Archived