IGNORED

Mick McCarthy

formerly known as ivan

Firstly, I was never a fan of his and the thought of him managing this club in the past filled me with dread.

What I would give for him to take over this club right now. I couldn’t find the league table from when he took over Cardiff on the 22nd January but looking at the live league table now they are currently 7th and looking a decent bet to snatch a spot in the top 6.

We can dream I guess...

Bu..but he plays boring football and is past it. 4-0 up currently....

We would not be in the position we are in now if we had offered him the job. Mind you he may not have wanted it.

He did wonders with Ipswich with no budget. He left, and look where they are now.

McCarthy > a lot of suggestions made in the summer, and this past week.

42 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Firstly, I was never a fan of his and the thought of him managing this club in the past filled me with dread.

What I would give for him to take over this club right now. I couldn’t find the league table from when he took over Cardiff on the 22nd January but looking at the live league table now they are currently 7th and looking a decent bet to snatch a spot in the top 6.

We can dream I guess...

He’s a dinosaur don’t you know 

I don't get the boring football tag with McCarthy, his cardiff side absolutely battered us and his Wolves side with ebanks Blake that won the league played great football. Even his ipswich side didnt play bad football. To many people think that if you have a manager that makes players battle on the pitch that they must not play attractive football.

27 minutes ago, Taz said:

Bu..but he plays boring football and is past it. 4-0 up currently....

We would not be in the position we are in now if we had offered him the job. Mind you he may not have wanted it.

He did wonders with Ipswich with no budget. He left, and look where they are now.

McCarthy > a lot of suggestions made in the summer, and this past week.

The counterpoint to that is would he have kept them up the following season with who they did bring in and minus Waghorn, McGoldrick, Garner- plus other notables e.g. Celina and a certain Webster. Maybe but jury feels out, oh and Carter-Vickers.

If they don't make the playoffs, no Wilson and Ojo moving forward I expect- no doubt he's done very well there to date though.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The counterpoint to that is would he have kept them up the following season with who they did bring in and minus Waghorn, McGoldrick, Garner- plus other notables e.g. Celina and a certain Webster. Maybe but jury feels out, oh and Carter-Vickers.

Fair point.

It's unusual for most management teams to not get stale, and end up feeling the wrath of the supporters at some point, although Ipswich would probably take boring McCarthy football over what they have currently.

Perhaps the idea for keeping dumb and dumber on as caretakers, is to make us feel happy when/if Appleton is announced....

Just seen the highlights of the Cardiff game on Quest. Mick looks very happy and has clearly got them playing really well, more’s the pity.

The only upside was how bad Preston were and they are falling almost as quickly as us, but have yet to ditch Alex Neil.

Archived