IGNORED

Players need to look at themselves

Topper 123

13 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

How Wells is anywhere near this team is beyond me

I’d pick him.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think it's part of their natural way, quite high line but yes little opposing threat will encourage risk taking.

One scenario might be Semenyo and Wells up top, Palmer behind. Either with a 4 and then a 3 true CMs as your base, or a 3-4-1-2 maybe- but if it's a 3-4-1-2 you need more energy in the CM and maybe not a 34 year old at CB which can be exploited by an energetic side.

Out of interest, do you thinking going with a formation for the first time (343/523) to match up an opponent who play it uniquely is the right plan?

I saw before the game the pitfalls of matching them up in the players we picked, and it played out.

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Yep the players have got to take responsibility too. 

But look at that team today.

You’ve got players out there waiting to be offered new contracts.

You’ve got a player out there refusing to sign new contracts with a foot out the door.

You’ve got young players playing in positions they shouldn’t - whilst experienced internationals sit on the bench.

You've got experienced internationals sat on the bench watching young players out of position in their place.

You’ve two players in there on short term contracts who don’t look bothered. 

You’ve got contracted players who play decently, put in a shift and get dropped for said short term players.

You’ve got players who’ve signed, sold a promotion push, now probably on the phone to their agents.

You've got players in the squad not playing and demoralised because of injury mismanagement. 

And add in they’re probably all completely ****** because many have played game after game given the injury debacle behind the scenes.

Yes, the players need to take responsibility, but the squad has been allowed to get in a huge, demoralising mess thanks to mismanagement in both coaching and recruiting. 

Very good post.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d pick him.

Out of interest, do you thinking going with a formation for the first time (343/523) to match up an opponent who play it uniquely is the right plan?

I saw before the game the pitfalls of matching them up in the players we picked, and it played out.

Was it that shape? Either way I had reservations about the team- the only real positive I took from it was the return of Sessegnon.

Soon as I saw it I thought "We'll be outflanked one way or another. Centrally or wide". Wouldn't mind so much 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 but Diedhiou up top not desirable,. Palmer is not desirable- Paterson wider left, Semenyo wider right, Wells central at least has some consistency of principle and potential for fluidity. Likewise Semenyo and Wells with Palmer behind- Palmer-Diedhiou e.g. doesn't work at all. IMO anyway, and certainly not post Jan.

I'm personally pro 4-3-3 or certain offshoots of it irrespective in any case- but if a side will select such a shape and esp for the first time, pick the best suited possible personnel for it.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was it that shape? Either way I had reservations about the team- the only real positive I took from it was the return of Sessegnon.

Soon as I saw it I thought "We'll be outflanked one way or another. Centrally or wide". Wouldn't mind so much 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 but Diedhiou up top not desirable,. Palmer is not desirable- Paterson wider left, Semenyo wider right, Wells central at least has some consistency of principle and potential for fluidity. Likewise Semenyo and Wells with Palmer behind- Palmer-Diedhiou e.g. doesn't work at all. IMO anyway, and certainly not post Jan.

I'm personally pro 4-3-3 or certain offshoots of it irrespective in any case- but if a side will select such a shape and esp for the first time, pick the best suited possible personnel for it.

I was hoping for a 5212/3412, but it wasn’t.  I thought a front two could split their back 3 and Palmer could get in the pocket.

Alas, no.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was hoping for a 5212/3412, but it wasn’t.  I thought a front two could split their back 3 and Palmer could get in the pocket.

Alas, no.

Purely IMO of course, but Diedhiou in his current guise- post January.

Unsure what he offers tbh. Or has anyway- Wells and Semenyo to me have more movement and might have stretched the CBs better- Palmer in the pocket but with more movement up front, they mioht have had to hold a lower line, easing pressure on us higher.

I don't really get some of the combinations we're trying atm.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Purely IMO of course, but Diedhiou in his current guise- post January.

Unsure what he offers tbh. Or has anyway- Wells and Semenyo to me have more movement and might have stretched the CBs better- Palmer in the pocket but with more movement up front, they mioht have had to hold a lower line, easing pressure on us higher.

I don't really get some of the combinations we're trying atm.

I think he’s a walking red card liability at the mo too.  Arms are a bit too flailing at the mo.

Archived