IGNORED

Today taught me

dREDful

Today taught me that not only do we have extremely shit coaches, a really shit owner and board (who have sent us on a collision course for League One) but that also we have entirely unlikable group of "footballers".

Not a single one of them have any redeeming qualities and none are earning the fees they cost or wages they earn and there's not a single one I'd be upset to lose. 

At this rate I'll be pleasantly surprised if we stayed up, we are in big big trouble and it's on everyone involved in this season. 

4 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Today taught me that not only do we have extremely shit coaches, a really shit owner and board (who have sent us on a collision course for League One) but that also we have entirely unlikable group of "footballers".

Not a single one of them have any redeeming qualities and none are earning the fees they cost or wages they earn and there's not a single one I'd be upset to lose. 

At this rate I'll be pleasantly surprised if we stayed up, we are in big big trouble and it's on everyone involved in this season. 

But harsh on those who are injured at the moment. 

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

Yeah I agree, he's the only one with any redeeming qualities really.

He surely will be snapped up by a lower end prem club. Someone like a Burnley or a Brighton.

Or maybe one of our current league rivals.That way at least he will still be in The Championship next year.

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

Yeah I agree, he's the only one with any redeeming qualities really.

He surely will be snapped up by a lower end prem club. Someone like a Burnley or a Brighton.

In fairness to the rest(!), it's difficult to look like you don't care as a keeper. 

2 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I mean he's likeable, but he's not great is he...

My 'he's ok' goes to Vyner. Get him in Central defence please!

I think he is a great sweeper up in midfield...the ultimate busy bee, and played that role beautifully in his first few appearances, injured, then never given a regular chance. Water under the bridge though, never going to achieve anything with us now I suspect. One of a dozen clubs discarded out on the course...

I disagree, we have some decent players. Problem is they just clearly don’t believe in what they are being asked to do or how they being set up.

If it’s obvious to us the plan & tactics are not working all season you can be sure they will too.

It’s incredible the club didn’t start lining up a replacement head coach weeks ago.

8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I think he is a great sweeper up in midfield...the ultimate busy bee, and played that role beautifully in his first few appearances, injured, then never given a regular chance. Water under the bridge though, never going to achieve anything with us now I suspect. One of a dozen clubs discarded out on the course...

But seemingly able to do it on the international stage??

I feel we have lost our way massively with recruitment - Nagy, Massengo etc, wheres the fight???

11 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

But seemingly able to do it on the international stage??

I feel we have lost our way massively with recruitment - Nagy, Massengo etc, wheres the fight???

I agree, we've recruited poorly. Both Nagy and HNM could be fine technically gifted players in a well organised side playing with confidence. See also Kasey Palmer. Given how little they've been played you have to wonder why they were bought in the first place. 

We've lost our way over the past couple of years. Sad to see. What a waste!

58 minutes ago, dREDful said:

A really shit owner? I’m getting a bit fed up with this. Shit owners are those that don’t actually care. Remember Wigan last season, there’s plenty of other examples, they are shit owners. SL deserves some respect for what he has done for BCFC

Just now, Eddie Notgetinya said:

A really shit owner? I’m getting a bit fed up with this. Shit owners are those that don’t actually care. Remember Wigan last season, there’s plenty of other examples, they are shit owners. SL deserves some respect for what he has done for BCFC

Which is?

57 minutes ago, dREDful said:

You have to be joking.

IMO we have one of the best owners in the country. City are not his play thing, he has invested huge amounts in the club for very little return. OK some of his decisions regarding manager haven't paid off but name me a club/owners that haven't appointed managers that haven't worked out.

1 minute ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Which is?

23 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

I disagree, we have some decent players. Problem is they just clearly don’t believe in what they are being asked to do or how they being set up.

If it’s obvious to us the plan & tactics are not working all season you can be sure they will too.

It’s incredible the club didn’t start lining up a replacement head coach weeks ago.

Precisely. Most of the same players were involved in our winning start to the season.

It's coaching, motivation, tactics that are missing

Or.. maybe they've all got Long Covid? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

You have to be joking.

IMO we have one of the best owners in the country. City are not his play thing, he has invested huge amounts in the club for very little return. OK some of his decisions regarding manager haven't paid off but name me a club/owners that haven't appointed managers that haven't worked out.

I can name you an owner who's got 7 of 8 of his appointments wrong. That's not including him voting Pulis over Moyes either.  And not including his pet Ashton either. 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Which is?

Look at the stadium for one thing. Fantastic training ground on the way.

Spent millions on the club, back every manager, made us financially stable

1 minute ago, dREDful said:

I can name you an owner who's got 7 of 8 of his appointments wrong. That's not including him voting Pulis over Moyes either.  And not including his pet Ashton either. 

Name a club with a better owner

Just now, CHIPLEY RED said:

Now would you say given our current positions that the Bears are using our ground or we’re using theirs?

1 minute ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Training ground yes. Stadium was for him and his BS dream, not us - it was ours, it's now owned by a commitee of sports in a franchise. 

He has spent millions, and barely progressed us, he has backed some managers but chose not to back the double winner within those, we are not financially stable and haven't been in years. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I can’t be bothered to argue the point. If you think SL is “really shit” then you should probably go and water your single brain cell and hope they start multiplying 

You sound incredibly young. 

1 minute ago, dREDful said:

Training ground yes. Stadium was for him and his BS dream, not us - it was ours, it's now owned by a commitee of sports in a franchise. 

He has spent millions, and barely progressed us, he has backed some managers but chose not to back the double winner within those, we are not financially stable and haven't been in years. 

You sound incredibly young. 

You sound like a *** ?‍♂️

Shame that we can’t do the same as the National League teams and just vote for the season to end now. However given that Ashton would be our representative on that, the likelihood is that we would take too long to make a decision, miss our chance to vote, even assuming that he was going to vote the right way in the first place!

Might just be me, but it feels like all the “good eggs” signed by SOD and Cotts have been forced out, almost like “you’re not my mate so you can’t play with me”. And then we have replaced with journeyman who don’t care. 

In my opinion the reason for the slump is simply the contract situation of players who know they aren’t tied to us past this summer. They have downed tools. 

the two things together are a perfect storm.

Archived