IGNORED

Worst home performance in my lifetime.

CotswoldRed

I dont know, I can think of a few. Why has it gone so wrong? Clearly not just down to Holden but 1 shot on goal. Its pathetic. Formation, tactics, personnel all wrong. 2 England coaches involved. What a joke. We have quite a big backroom staff.... they must all be close to the sack. Don't look interested, motivated at all. But that comes from a lack of direction from those leading them.  Worryingly we have seen this all before in our descent to League One.

Lansdown has to personally intervene now, pick up the phone and go to one of the those names (Pearson, Howe). Are you interested, what are your terms.... see you Monday..... If we dont, we will be relegated if this form is allowed to continue. The whole club needs a kick up the arse. The DNA created by Mr Ashton is very close to being made extinct. 

Lets be fair about this SL needs to have the guts to bring in the best available manager, before our next game. This is possible, just forget shortlists, interviews get him here and now. Everything thats come about is down to him and his choices; you can blame players, managers even MA but bottom line is HIS CHOICES.

For me, the worst home performance I can ever remember is the 6-1 thrashing Cardiff gave us in the cup when we gave out those free programs.

I think Dean Gerken, who I thought was alright overall, had an absolute shocker and was at fault for a few of the goals. But also we had a non-existent frontline, powderpuff midfield and statues in defence.

I recall everyone in the Dolman turning their program into a paper plane and by the 65th minute the pitch was littered with not just the footballing equivalent of sewage, but also hundreds of paper planes.

A few games under Derek McInnes came close also, particularly when we had Stern John up front. Jesus christ what a lardass waste of money he was.

Was today worse than that mucker? Genuinely curious as I wasn't watching, only listening on the radio.

Just now, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Very sad. How on earth has it come to this....

Did you see Kalas at the end... No hint of being angry / spent/exhausted... No leaders, no Talisman....

Yes, a worry. 

All played like boys who didn't get the Christmas present they expected. 

Poor attitudes. 

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I know it was only the 1 goal, but I cannot think of a worse performance at home. Ever. 

Anyone else? 

Utterly gutless. Shameful. 

I cant disagree. I remember some woeful performances that must come close, Wolves 6-0, Cardiff 6-0 spring to mind but I've never seen us not even be able to string 2 passes together like this. I'd be surprised if we made 5+ passes on more than a handful of occasions today including along the back

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

For me, the worst home performance I can ever remember is the 6-1 thrashing Cardiff gave us in the cup when we gave out those free programs.

I think Dean Gerken, who I thought was alright overall, had an absolute shocker and was at fault for a few of the goals. But also we had a non-existent frontline, powderpuff midfield and statues in defence.

I recall everyone in the Dolman turning their program into a paper plane and by the 65th minute the pitch was littered with not just the footballing equivalent of sewage, but also hundreds of paper planes.

A few games under Derek McInnes came close also, particularly when we had Stern John up front. Jesus christ what a lardass waste of money he was.

Was today worse than that mucker? Genuinely curious as I wasn't watching, only listening on the radio.

6-0 and the League?

Just now, MarcusX said:

I cant disagree. I remember some woeful performances that must come close, Wolves 6-0, Cardiff 6-0 spring to mind but I've never seen us not even be able to string 2 passes together like this. I'd be surprised if we made 5+ passes on more than a handful of occasions today including along the back

Whoscored gives us a pass succes rate of 48%. Professional footballers misplacing or underhitting half of their passes across the game. 

Hunt and Fam are both down in the mid-20s for pass completion %.

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

It was 6-0 and it was a league game.

Looking at the stats though, we had 6 shots on target (and 6 off) plus 8 corners in that game

Today we had 1 shot and 0 corners

Just now, Chairman Mao said:

4-0 down at halftime vs. Fulham under Cotterill was pretty dire as well.

That was due to naivety and inexperience at that level. We went down trying in that game. 

Effort, application and the scoreline aren't always directly proportional. 

Just now, MarcusX said:

It was 6-0 and it was a league game.

Looking at the stats though, we had 6 shots on target (and 6 off) plus 8 corners in that game

Today we had 1 shot and 0 corners

Didn't we play them in quick succession in the space of a few weeks?

Think that's why I'm getting a bit confused.

Either way - we were crap!

Archived