IGNORED

Worst home performance in my lifetime.

CotswoldRed

11 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Lets be fair about this SL needs to have the guts to bring in the best available manager, before our next game. This is possible, just forget shortlists, interviews get him here and now. Everything thats come about is down to him and his choices; you can blame players, managers even MA but bottom line is HIS CHOICES.

Exactly, Nigel Pearson.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Shot map. 

image.thumb.png.1ba1ebc70c4acd7d199dbdb1ffdfce51.png

I think the players have made it very clear... They don't rate the two 'international youth' coaches.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Whoscored gives us a pass succes rate of 48%. Professional footballers misplacing or underhitting half of their passes across the game. 

Hunt and Fam are both down in the mid-20s for pass completion %.

Stick that on the dressing room wall. 

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Didn't we play them in quick succession in the space of a few weeks?

Think that's why I'm getting a bit confused.

Either way - we were crap!

Yes we did it seems, 3 times in 14 days. Drew 1-1 then lost 1-0 in the Fa Cup then played them in the league and lost 6-0

Yes total crap, but 12x more shots than we mustered today!

Just now, MarcusX said:

Yes we did it seems, 3 times in 14 days. Drew 1-1 then lost 1-0 in the Fa Cup then played them in the league and lost 6-0

Yes total crap, but 12x more shots than we mustered today!

I'll take your word for it that today was worse, but that 6-0 stays in my mind as a moment where I had never felt we had been so poor on the field.

Also the stream of programs flying onto the pitch summed up the fans discontent and sticks in my mind vividly.

Just now, OddBallJim said:

I'll take your word for it that today was worse, but that 6-0 stays in my mind as a moment where I had never felt we had been so poor on the field.

Also the stream of programs flying onto the pitch summed up the fans discontent and sticks in my mind vividly.

We were excellent in the first 10 mins of that game, IIRC! 

19 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Lets be fair about this SL needs to have the guts to bring in the best available manager, before our next game. This is possible, just forget shortlists, interviews get him here and now. Everything thats come about is down to him and his choices; you can blame players, managers even MA but bottom line is HIS CHOICES.

Anything that comes before that is just Ashton's interference.

If that's the case tell him to pack his bags.

Just now, OddBallJim said:

I completely agree, like you that game sticks in my mind. in part because it's not often you see your team lose 6-0 (though I can count at least 4 times now since I've been watching? Wolves, Ipswich, Cardiff, Watford)

Watch the highlights again if you dare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kydyRktil6I&ab_channel=CardiffCityFC

Gerken and Fontaine fell apart, but even at 6-0 we had decent chances and 2 great saves from the keeper.

Compare that to Watford, Reading or today. Worlds apart in terms of effort and intent.

11 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Actually, my recollection of that Cardfff game is that we weren't as bad as the scoreline suggests. It was just one of those days when everything they did went right. And of course that much worse cos it was Cardiff. Not like the Watford game where we deserved it.

Absolutely, just watched the highlights I just posted.It's 6-0 and it's Cardiff so it has more importance but in terms of worst performances, I can count at least 5 worse this season. I can count 3 in the last 8 days.

14 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Whoscored gives us a pass succes rate of 48%. Professional footballers misplacing or underhitting half of their passes across the game. 

Hunt and Fam are both down in the mid-20s for pass completion %.

Are you including trapping the ball in Fam’s pass completions stats? 

Northampton 7 City 1

Yet in a strange way, I did not leave the ground feeling angry or upset because the kids had run their guts out for Terry Cooper. The whole team cost a couple of quid and their wages were at seven year old pocket money rate.

This current City lot, every single person from Ashton to 18 year old first year pro getting wages per week that have at least four noughts after a number (£5,000 - £25,000). My salary when I retired fifteen years ago was £33,000 for a whole year and I was doing very well with that. And I worked hard for it. I didn't just turn up and go through the motions.

Watching the City now is heartbreaking to all the supporters who have backed them with cash and their time.

16 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I know it was only the 1 goal, but I cannot think of a worse performance at home. Ever. 

Anyone else? 

Utterly gutless. Shameful. 

You’re not very old if you think yesterday was the worse performance in your lifetime.

You obviously don’t remember getting beat 0 - 6 by Cardiff or 0-5 by Wolves then..........:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re not very old if you think yesterday was the worse performance in your lifetime.

You obviously don’t remember getting beat 0 - 6 by Cardiff or 0-5 by Wolves then..........:cool2:

Given I was at the Cardiff game, yes I do. Not sure about the Wolves game, unless you mean the 1-6 home match. 

Scorlines aren't the simple gauge of a performance most think they are. In the Cardiff game we were excellent in the first 10 minutes. We created chance after chance. 

Yes, we were battered, but we created chances. Yes, we fell apart, but there were a few positives in the game. 

There is no way in that Cardiff game, for example, the most consecutive passes we made were just 4 or 5.

I firmly stand by what I say. 

16 hours ago, TheJudge07 said:

I dont know, I can think of a few. Why has it gone so wrong? Clearly not just down to Holden but 1 shot on goal. Its pathetic. Formation, tactics, personnel all wrong. 2 England coaches involved. What a joke. We have quite a big backroom staff.... they must all be close to the sack. Don't look interested, motivated at all. But that comes from a lack of direction from those leading them.  Worryingly we have seen this all before in our descent to League One.

Lansdown has to personally intervene now, pick up the phone and go to one of the those names (Pearson, Howe). Are you interested, what are your terms.... see you Monday..... If we dont, we will be relegated if this form is allowed to continue. The whole club needs a kick up the arse. The DNA created by Mr Ashton is very close to being made extinct. 

You shouldn’t raise everybody’s hoped and expectations like that. 

We get enough false dawns being born into BCFC as it is. ?

On a technical level that has to be one of the worst displays.

They can't even do the basics of their job. 

In any other profession you would be sacked for being unable to perform the basics of what your paid to do. Yet they can go away with the thousands they have earned for that week.

While us suckers are paying £10 to witness it.

53 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

This current City lot, every single person from Ashton to 18 year old first year pro getting wages per week that have at least four noughts after a number (£5,000 - £25,000). 

No way are first year pros on 5k, the likes of Adelakun and Walsh will be on around 6, no way we pay them around the same 

That 6-0 home defeat against Cardiff was horrendous for a whole host of reasons but I've definitely seen us play worse.

One that springs to mind for me is a 5-1 loss at Blackpool in 2002, when we were going for a play-off place but completely bottled it and got blown away by a team in the bottom half. It was 5-0 inside about 49 minutes.

That was the very worst of us under Danny Wilson, when we frequently failed to show up in the big games.

Just now, The Journalist said:

That 6-0 home defeat against Cardiff was horrendous for a whole host of reasons but I've definitely seen us play worse.

One that springs to mind for me is a 5-1 loss at Blackpool in 2002, when we were going for a play-off place but completely bottled it and got blown away by a team in the bottom half. It was 5-0 inside about 49 minutes.

That was the very worst of us under Danny Wilson, when we frequently failed to show up in the big games.

Come to think of it, the 5-0 defeat at Blackpool in Keith Millen's final game wasn't ideal either. The players completely sacked it in that day as well.

Archived