IGNORED

Worst home performance in my lifetime.

CotswoldRed

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

No way are first year pros on 5k, the likes of Adelakun and Walsh will be on around 6, no way we pay them around the same 

Yes I know, but you and all others understand the point I'm making. When I see eighteen year old first year pros driving cars that I could only have dreamed of ( I had a company car for last 20 working years, basic Cavalier 40,000 miles per year)

I love my football, rugby and cricket but sometimes wonder why I still pay to watch football as most teams play it, slow, dull, zero excitement one wonders why one bothers.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes I know, but you and all others understand the point I'm making. When I see eighteen year old first year pros driving cars that I could only have dreamed of ( I had a company car for last 20 working years, basic Cavalier 40,000 miles per year)

I love my football, rugby and cricket but sometimes wonder why I still pay to watch football as most teams play it, slow, dull, zero excitement one wonders why one bothers.

True, but also lease deals are more regular for things like cars now which makes them more affordable quicker for young pros so may not be as such splashing the cash at a young age.

So many, just too depressing to think about them, especially now!

When I’m this depressed about City I prefer to remember Big John cartwheeling back to the centre circle after scoring.  Ah, back in my salad days when every match saw John playing with passion and skill.  

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

You’re not very old if you think yesterday was the worse performance in your lifetime.

You obviously don’t remember getting beat 0 - 6 by Cardiff or 0-5 by Wolves then..........:cool2:

You obviously didn't read the rest of the thread, it's been said several times Cardiff game wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests and actually was a much better performance than yesterday. We forced 2 top class saves in that game for starters. 2 players just decided to have absolutely howlers in Fontaine and Gerken though I'd say in some ways it's up there because of who it was against

Just now, cidered abroad said:

I never saw anything like that at any ground until perhaps the 1970's.

Atyeo nearly always put his arms out to each side, a bit like aircraft wings.

I always thought Atyeo was a pretty understated, modest kind of chap, so cartwheeling about would be quite a surprise!

23 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

That was due to naivety and inexperience at that level. We went down trying in that game. 

Effort, application and the scoreline aren't always directly proportional. 

We actually had some possession. Plus chances in that one, though some of that will have been down to Fulham easing off a bit at 4-0?

There will be similar ones to or worse ones than yesterday I'm sure, but not proportionate to our expenditure, facilities, infrastructure etc.

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

We were a lot worse yesterday than we were in the Cardiff 0-6. 

We just went in to that game far too open and gave debuts to Agyemang and Campbell-Ryce. Cardiff were ruthless and would’ve put a lot more than 6 past us yesterday. 

Wow that’s someone I completely forgot about, Patrick Agyemang

got to be Swansea 7 for myself a sad day for tins. Always remember the stewards before the game trying to catch the smokers in the toilets, after 6 goal went in i went to th wc to have a cheeky fag,steward walked in and said i dont bloody blame you i bet you could smoke the pack watching that rubbish.

Archived