IGNORED

Relegation = Ashton sacked?

Bristol Oil Services

Football is often about momentum and our momentum is downwards right now.

We know Ashton is the problem and SL doesn’t see it yet. If relegation was the only way to get rid of MA, we could do a lot worse and reappoint Cotts to redo the job of 2014/15. 

Take the corporate speak away from Ashton's messages, is there anything left that speaks of football knowledge? 

Just now, Shtanley said:

Get relegated, be forced to sell everyone. Go back up with 18 academy players. Win the championship with same 18 academy players. Then win the Prem with those 18 academy players. 

Sorted.

4 years to Europe?

Just now, OddBallJim said:

Holden gone should have meant Ashton gone. How it is hasn't is totally beyond me.

Ashton is a rotten apple at the core of our club.

If improvement on the pitch isn't a prerequisite for Ashton, and clearly further improvement in signings and player transfer revenue isn't, what is?

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Holden gone should have meant Ashton gone. How it is hasn't is totally beyond me.

Ashton is a rotten apple at the core of our club.

I'd redeploy rather than sack. He clearly puts our views across and our case well at EFL level- could easily appoint another CEO and move him sideways on the board.

If he remains good at incoming fees then keep him there too.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd redeploy rather than sack. He clearly puts our views across and our case well at EFL level- could easily appoint another CEO and move him sideways on the board.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this one MrP.

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this one MrP.

Fair- would another CEO have the same powers of persuasion at EFL level though?

Remember we can have an idea but we need to win over 15, or 17- unsure which- clubs to have a crack at getting it rolled out.

The system has its negatives but we've got to operate within it. EFL one I mean.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Remember we can have an idea but we need to win over 15, or 17- unsure which- clubs to have a crack at getting it rolled out.

A lot of fans have suggested Richard Scudamore - which I think is an excellent suggestion but an unrealistic one. I would love him here, as he could represent us and ensure we have a big say in the EFL management, but can't see it happening.

Someone in his mould/image however, would be good.

For me, Ashton has a track record of turning fanbases against him at WBA and Watford. I may be taking a relatively simplistic view of things, but there surely is an underlying reason for that. He probably does do a good job representing us to the EFL, but the lifeblood and soul of a football club is the fans - without fans there is no history, no heritage and no pride. And for me, Ashton is turning the fanbase very sour indeed (as is our total ineptitude on the pitch).

Abysmal that Ashton the CEO hides from all this carnage, what the Hell is Lansdown doing to our club letting this fester to an all time low. I am afraid the patient is very sick due to neglect, and the worst thing is I cannot see how it can be saved. What a way to run a football club? clueless, and I dare say the passion has gone, we are the poor relations to the Rugger boys, that's where the initiave has been centred, and it started with employing a coach that had credentials. 

Start earning your corn Ashton and face the music, sort it out or just go.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd happily trade those "powers of persuasion" for a club structure which allows a team manager to build a successful team on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The system has its negatives but we've got to operate within it. EFL one I mean.

I couldn’t give a flying *** Mr P

A complete sideshow of ego

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£500k+ for a bloke who represents our views at the league board? Really? What exactly is it that he does that represents our specific interests on the board that deserves such remuneration?  Genuine question?

Not a price worth paying for me...the thought of returning to league 1 and playing the likes of Gillingham, Rochdale, Fleetwood etc would be the final nail in the coffin for me and City, had too many years of that, dont think Ashton would be sacked if we did go down to be honest, worrying times. 

Archived