IGNORED

Relegation = Ashton sacked?

Bristol Oil Services

The simple logistics of both him and his son living as tax exiles, away from the city and club mean he won’t be sacking Ashton anytime soon.

There is simply no-one else there who can run the club and I’m not sure he’d want to replace MA and integrate the new CEO remotely. 

Shameful that he’s given MA so much control and we haven’t got a proper board of note. 

The Lansdown’s are watching the club rot from afar.

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Lansdown and Ashton running out of scapegoats.

We are the scapegoats. You know the fans who only realised Holden was an awful appointment with hindsight.

Both SL and MA seem to think we will believe any old lies they tell us and regard us with contempt.

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Price worth paying?

No no and NO. We all know how painful it can be in league one. It took us almost a decade in the 00’s to get out of it - we got fortunate when SC took us up after our last relegation from the championship but no guarantees we will bounce back as quickly as we did last time. We must do all we can now to stay at this level.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Not a chance of Ashton being sacked under any circumstances I fear. SL tells us he is doing a great job. Goes to show even a successful businessman can be conned by a slick (as in oily) used car salesman.

Unfortunately I completely agreed. He’s going nowhere as long as long and SL is around. 

54 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

The simple logistics of both him and his son living as tax exiles, away from the city and club mean he won’t be sacking Ashton anytime soon.

There is simply no-one else there who can run the club and I’m not sure he’d want to replace MA and integrate the new CEO remotely. 

Shameful that he’s given MA so much control and we haven’t got a proper board of note. 

The Lansdown’s are watching the club rot from afar.

Yep. When you can afford to say to society "that's me done, I've paid all the tax I'm prepared to pay", there also happen to be downsides. 

Archived