IGNORED

Kalas and Bentley

Desso

I'd argue about Kalas tbf. Yes he wins a lot of headers, and Gilmartin goes in about his body on the line, but he is always so last ditch and left scrambling.

How many times did he lose his man on a corner or a free kick?

And as a leader, I just don't see it. Mawson was great with Moore and Vyner, I just don't see that with Kalas...

24 minutes ago, Desso said:

are the only players who look good. The rest wouldn't get into a league 2 team. If Steve can afford it, pay them off in the summer and start again. Punchless and pathetic.

Bentley is allowed an off day...his distribution was appalling today.

30 minutes ago, Desso said:

are the only players who look good. The rest wouldn't get into a league 2 team. If Steve can afford it, pay them off in the summer and start again. Punchless and pathetic.

Exactly that the only 2 I would keep the rest are not worth the shirt including the few injured.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Kalas has been coached at very good clubs,if he needs coaching how to defend properly at his age now then we have bought a dud 

That’s why he’s probably been one of the shining lights throughout the last few years. He’s been coached well enough to not forget the good stuff he’s been coached. 

Getting a bit sick of some of the player abuse tbh, I’m not saying they’re blameless, but they look completely lost, there’s been no direction for months and to call it conference level tactics would be kind. These are players that have played a lot of championship games and will continue to do so if we moved them on (with the exception of I’d say about 7-8 in the squad). There’s a lot of players out of position (please stop playing Vyner in midfield, it’s becoming cruel), so there’s a lot of issues. We are relying on any of them to produce miracles to give us something from a game...the whole things been inevitable.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

That’s why he’s probably been one of the shining lights throughout the last few years. He’s been coached well enough to not forget the good stuff he’s been coached. 

He’s been one of the better players no doubt,is he top end championship then probably not but that’s why he is here I guess 

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

He’s been one of the better players no doubt,is he top end championship then probably not but that’s why he is here I guess 

I don’t think he’d look out or place top end. He just needs better mates, OR a manager who can get them playing as a team. We haven’t had that since 2017. 

3 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Getting a bit sick of some of the player abuse tbh, I’m not saying they’re blameless, but they look completely lost, there’s been no direction for months and to call it conference level tactics would be kind. These are players that have played a lot of championship games and will continue to do so if we moved them on (with the exception of I’d say about 7-8 in the squad). There’s a lot of players out of position (please stop playing Vyner in midfield, it’s becoming cruel), so there’s a lot of issues. We are relying on any of them to produce miracles to give us something from a game...the whole things been inevitable.

They have got away with it I would say,if crowds were in the ground then Jesus 

36 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I'd argue about Kalas tbf. Yes he wins a lot of headers, and Gilmartin goes in about his body on the line, but he is always so last ditch and left scrambling.

And as a leader, I just don't see it. Mawson was great with Moore and Vyner, I just don't see that with Kalas...

Totally agree

IMO the only players that created something today were Palmer, Diédhiou and Hunt (maybe Semenyo too?): not enough to  worry anyone's defence.

Midfield remains the main problem, and that's where injuries hit the most (Williams for the energy and equilibrium, Walsh and Dasilva for the quality of passing, Weimann and O'Dowda for hard work and ability to connect midfield and attack).

51 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

It has to be, it's literally Kalas and Bentley versus. The others do not defend, midfield do not help at all. He cannot mark everyone. We looked more solid with Mawson because he would also defend, meaning Kalas basically had half the work to do.

Don’t see how Kalas gets off without criticism . Went missing in the last few games ,but  better today but as captain lead by example . Bentleys really the only one , , and it looks like it’s starting to effect his confidence as well . SL  needs to be decisive now , no dithering . Pick your man and go and get paul cook . 

Archived