IGNORED

Kalas and Bentley

Desso

Kalas or Flint? 

Kalas at his best, played alongside Webster. Flint had Awol Ayling and Dek Williams first season up, then Bakes (when fit and not suspended, or substituted) and Bails, or Magnússon, even Adam bloody Matthews one match. And a Swedish crock once, too. 

I think Flint, at his best, bares comparison with any central defender we have had in this Championship spell, bar Webster obviously. 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Kallas has been missing as a captain. He's got to take some blame. 

I agree with the first sentence, not sure on the second.

Kalas is not, to me, a great captain and I suspect he would not even be captain if we had more leaders in the team. But I'm not sure I blame him for that - he's doing a job he's not really suited to because nobody else is suited to it either.

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I see it differently. Although he has an okay game, he didn't get the rest of the team going at all. He's no captain. 

Different argument.

And I'd probably agree, but he held that defence together today and was one of the few to come out of it with credit.

15 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Kalas or Flint? 

Kalas at his best, played alongside Webster. Flint had Awol Ayling and Dek Williams first season up, then Bakes (when fit and not suspended, or substituted) and Bails, or Magnússon, even Adam bloody Matthews one match. And a Swedish crock once, too. 

I think Flint, at his best, bares comparison with any central defender we have had in this Championship spell, bar Webster obviously. 

Flint was an utter hero during his time at the club bit has struggled elsewhere. I think the major issue with him is that he was great when we first came up but had one very obvious weakness - in that he struggled if a team isolated him and put a pacey forward against him. As soon as teams worked that out, he became a bit too easy to get around.

I'd take Kalas 'cos I think he is less easy to work out. 

34 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Kalas or Flint? 

Sorry but , no comparison. I had a pop at kalas earlier but compared to Flint he’s a different level. Flint was a very good league one centre half but was constantly found out in the championship . People loved him sliding in with his recovery blocks . Just shows he was out of position in the first place . Trouble is , we got taylor Moore back there that sends panic through the back line . The lad is a mistake waiting to happen , league 1 player . Jack hunt , not good enough, mariappa , was good enough but now 35,  we’ve no left back. Sess today , stop turning your ****** back 

There is one who’s good enough to see us through but **** that we’ll play him in midfield 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but , no comparison. I had a pop at kalas earlier but compared to Flint he’s a different level. Flint was a very good league one centre half but was constantly found out in the championship . People loved him sliding in with his recovery blocks . Just shows he was out of position in the first place . Trouble is , we got taylor Moore back there that sends panic through the back line . The lad is a mistake waiting to happen , league 1 player . Jack hunt , not good enough, mariappa , was good enough but now 35,  we’ve no left back. Sess today , stop turning your ****** back 

There is one who’s good enough to see us through but **** that we’ll play him in midfield 

Meh, I'd prefer Flint. Born leader, good defender and chipped in with a few goals too

1 minute ago, Pound Lane Red said:

How dejected does Kalas sound? I think there was an underhand dig at others there. Split in the team. Not looking good unless we get a top class man manager in to help this wounded group. Adkins ? 

He obviously couldn't say it but I think we all know what he meant. The players in front of me are crap, and he's right.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone sense when he said “putting bodies on the line” he was referring to a few team mates not doing the same?

I perversely feel encouraged by this TK interview tonight.

Bit of ‘we are doing our job’ , about time the rest did

Some validity in that but Watford indicates it’s not that simple 

Lots of last ditch defending but nigh in zero organisation even between themselves 

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Bit of ‘we are doing our job’ , about time the rest did

Some validity in that but Watford indicates it’s not that simple 

Lots of last ditch defending but nigh in zero organisation even between themselves 

Don’t disagree, but a team shouldn’t have to defend for as long as we do.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone sense when he said “putting bodies on the line” he was referring to a few team mates not doing the same?

I perversely feel encouraged by this TK interview tonight.

So do I, but I also feel sorry for him.

Refreshing from TK..... gives me hope.  He is a good player, being a leader on the park not so sure.
 Either way he identifies that we cannot attack for love for money, and all we do is defend.  And the inevitable will happen. Not even a corner says how poor we are. 

Not sure what can change this in short term. Stop putting square pegs round holes. Even TK is looking over his shoulder at teams below. 

Kalas post match interview was refreshing indeed.

If I was SL I’d have someone the players respect to chair a meeting of them all(say Tinnion or Gilmartin, even Murray) and ask Kalas as captain to get them to discuss tactics for next game, as well as analyse what went wrong today.

OKsome of the youngsters may not be as articulate as Kalas but they will have a view, and there are some very competent experienced football players there too (not about their current form), eg Bentley, Mariappa, Hunt, Lansbury

What amazing grasp of English Kalas has.

Archived