IGNORED

Simpson and Downing MUST GO

ohhhshauntaylor

Said in the match day thread, what can you expect them to do in 2 days training.

You can kind of see what they tried, simply, go route one and hope for a goal.

We’re just completely devoid of confidence.

They should and will no doubt be collecting their P45’s soon enough too - also part of the problem this season.

Part of me thinks today was intentional for Landsdown to get a view of just how much needs replacing.  His statement of they will take charge of training for now says to me that they were on probation and definately failed today.

He now has a very clear view of how the players react/perform under these 2 and it's obvious neither have the ability to motivate the team. 

Although for me, the players are equally to blame for the lack of effort. Day light robbery of their wages at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Simpson on radio

Cant fault the effort

But don’t take that as a pat on the back - should be a given

Our quality has been really poor today

Far better on training ground , but cant be ‘training ground players’

Players have lost confidence and belief  

We haven’t tested them , threatened their back third 

Got to keep going and working hard - we have to hope they start producing 

Is there an echo in here? 

"Keep going, working hard" 

We've heard that week in week out from Dean

LJ over coached and over complicated, hence the upturn in results when he left. 
I’m hoping today’s showing will prove it’s just very poor coaching why we’re in this mess, and they’ll be no dead cat bounce just because Holden has gone. 
Simpson and Downing must go now! 
Get someone in asap who will at least bang heads together. Put Tinnion in charge in the meantime. At least he’d get across what it means to wear the shirt. 

13 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

I’m hoping today’s showing will prove it’s just very poor coaching why we’re in this mess, and they’ll be no dead cat bounce just because Holden has gone. 
Get someone in asap who will at least bang heads together. Put Tinnion in charge in the meantime. At least he’d get across what it means to wear the shirt. 

Out of likes, but could not agree more. If these two are not sacked without delay, SL has well and truly lost the plot

59 minutes ago, Beatnik said:

Is there an echo in here? 

"Keep going, working hard" 

We've heard that week in week out from Dean

I thought the same. I guess they are keeping the ‘long hard look in the mirror’ quote for after Tuesdays match.

To be honest I don’t know why they were ever here in the first place. Holden didn’t even meet them (choose them) as his assistants and they had no Championship management experience did they? Doomed from the start.

Also not in their favour is unfortunately for them most fans don’t see them as the ‘nice guy’ that we viewed Holden as. We have little affection for them and won’t tolerate them if result continue as they are.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Simpson on radio

Cant fault the effort

Jesus that's one of the most depressing quotes ever!

"We have to hope they start producing" ??????

i.e. we have completely run out of any ideas

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Simpson on radio

Cant fault the effort

Did he sing a Love Supreme?

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Simpson on radio

Cant fault the effort

I think it was honest....but when I hear working hard and hope, then it just isn’t enough.

4 hours ago, MartockRed said:

What’s the love in with Tinnion taking over temporarily? 

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Time will tell whether I’m a fool or you are.

If there has been a decent appointment before next game I will happily wear the fool’s hat. I’m still betting it won’t be me!! 
Mood music of long lists, short lists, interviews, discussions etc etc etc doesn’t suggest that anything’s going to happen quick. 

Happy to be wrong!!!

20 hours ago, stortfordred said:

If there has been a decent appointment before next game I will happily wear the fool’s hat. I’m still betting it won’t be me!! 
Mood music of long lists, short lists, interviews, discussions etc etc etc doesn’t suggest that anything’s going to happen quick. 

Happy to be wrong!!!

Hope you are polishing that fools hat! #nigel

On 20/02/2021 at 23:57, stortfordred said:

Happy to be wrong!!!

mr t 80s GIF

I pity the fool! ;0)

Maybe Pearson handed them the team sheet on a napkin, who knows, but the round pegs, round holes mentioned by Simpson made a huge difference. Vyner at right sided centre back, Mariappa at centre back, 3 midfield players in... midfield, 2 strikers playing as out and out strikers. Who would have thought...? 

It’s fine us putting our teams up, and our logic too, none of us know what goes into the selection, at least until we hear the pre-match line-up video by Simmo and Keith, but....

....tonight many of us will feel vindicated that they at least tried Kalas at LCB...the cursed position...and especially with Towler outside him.

Mariappa was outstanding tonight in the middle for me.

Archived