IGNORED

Ok, so on the positive side...

Silvio Dante

It’s a good day for Paul Cook. 

Today proved two thing’s irrevocably.

- The new manager has to come in sooner rather than later. If Simpson and Downing’s master plan is “hoof the ball to the big lad” we’re done. And each week they’re in charge is two games more towards relegation

- Nice as it may be to try someone like a Ryan Lowe, or an Appleton if that’s your bag, or even a foreign coach who’s not managed here before, the situation demands we can’t. It has to be someone who knows this league, is familiar with success (relative to budget) at this level and can hit the ground running.

Steve’s much vaunted selection process with Ashton doing first interviews now has to be off the table. We need a candidate who is available immediately and has managed at this level before, who can turn this shit around quickly. And they need to be in inside of a week.

We interviewed Cook in the summer. We need to work out the differences we had then, because survival at this level is bigger than anyone’s ego.

I’d still like Howe. And Pearson ticks boxes here. But today just made Paul Cook the overwhelming favourite in my book.

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

only 5 1/2 weeks left until an appointment.

Worrying thing is, it wouldn't surprise me. Even more worrying is that if that is the case, we could quite easily well and truly be involved in the relegation dogfight.

If that is the case, then I don't think we have the mentality, or balls to muster up any kind of fight at all.

The more the football operations of this Club look rotten to the core to outsiders the greater the chance that any decent manager will demand greater autonomy from that plonker who created this mess, Mr Ashton. 

The more supporters gradually wake up to the fact that the playing side of things in all its manifestations is an absolute pile of shite, the greater the demand for a trusted, experienced manager. That means the anti-Warnock and McCarthy brigade pipe down and realise that they were just the sort of manager we needed two years ago, even more so now. 

Two positives.

The downside is that even though a few of us were commenting about the danger of getting sucked in to the relegation mix last November, I fear we are now at serious risk of the drop now.

Over to you Steve. You did a good job of promoting the Club yesterday.

I suspect though the National media - across TV and radio - who were as scathing about our team as I’ve ever heard journalists be on a football ‘team’ have undone your good work. 

Archived