Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

We could easily go down

30 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Not really. Things can be exciting if they aren’t necessarily good.  

Relegation for this club will be a financial disaster , adding to the losses already announced in the last accounts, this season with no fans. But hey it’s ok because we’ll get some excitement  😂

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Relegation for this club will be a financial disaster , adding to the losses already announced in the last accounts, this season with no fans. But hey it’s ok because we’ll get some excitement  😂

Where have I said I want the excitement?

29 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Tell us why, Dave. In need of some reasons to believe  here! 

Because we will appoint a manager with just about enough time to change mindset, instill a system, drill it sufficiently (it might be basic - needs must) to get the required results.

Ultimately I think the players are good enough, and some may even get to the point where they play well because they’re in the “shop window”.

Does that help?

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea I said yesterday I think we are comfortable even with this bad run. Maybe a bit too soon but I still think we should be able to muster 4 wins from 15 games or the points equivalent to that. However, I would be a lot more worried if this HC search takes a month. Imo we need someone in by weeks end to get started. 

You are deluded if you don't think we are in trouble. It's not the defeats that concern me....it's the manner of the defeats 

I've never known us so spineless. Even I'm shocked at how bad we are at present 

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I said it would be exciting. Not that I wanted it. If you are looking for an argument, look elsewhere 

I’m not after an argument, personally would settle for enough boring wins to guarantee safety right now. Last thing we need is a relegation fight because I’m not convinced we have enough players who will fight it, partly due to  several players out of contract in the summer and the joke of a coaching team we appear to have.
Apologies if caused offence  

Edited by daored
3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

We look completely incapable of passing the ball and even creating half a chance.

Defensively we look vulnerable on set pieces. We look weak down the sides with Hunt looking so slow and weak. Left side been a massive problem too although Sessegon did okay today, its not ideal and he doesn't look fit, was he hobbling when he was subbed? Could be injured again.

We lose midfield battles. And when teams go direct we only have one dominant defender in Kalas.

If we take 5-6 weeks to bring someone in then it might be an even harder job for them by that point.

We could easily get more injuries too. Kalas getting injured could mean relegation. He really is that important to us. How can we defend without him? I can't see us coping at all then. We can't even cope with how well he is playing, how can we without him with what we have?

Even though people will say we have a number of poor players, I actually think many would get interest from championship sides. A fairly long list. Unfortunately some of those are ones we haven't seen much of this season that we are really missing.

We'd probably sell for less than we would want if we were still a championship side. And it would be a massive rebuild.

I expect players like O'Leary, Cundy, Pring, Nurse, Owura Edwards would be regulars in the side or in the matchday squads next season. 

It would be incredible if this all was to happen. But those bottom teams will pick up points like Birmingham winning today, Rotherham a very capable side. Coventry even beating Brentford today. 

We really need a new manager soon. Lansdown should have made this decision a bit earlier. Even if it was a few days earlier after the 6-0 thrashing, it would have meant a new manager maybe a game earlier than now what we will see.

Every point we can get is vital. I don't see us getting any points having us set up like that under the 2 currently picking the team.

Agree Hunt looks awful his biggest asset is going forward not defending but also picking up bookings each game bomb him out end of season .

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Agree Hunt looks awful his biggest asset is going forward not defending but also picking up bookings each game bomb him out end of season .

He's not even good at going forward anymore. He is probably knackered to be fair but at his age now it's time to let him go I think.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Bentley more important than Kalas.

We won't go down - no team loses 20 matches on the spin.

But it won't be comfortable.

The new manager bounce should ensure at least 2 wins - even with this load of misfits.

Keep telling yourself that,

We can't defend

We can't pass

We can't score

We are directionless and manager less,

We are in real danger of relegation 

28 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You are deluded if you don't think we are in trouble. It's not the defeats that concern me....it's the manner of the defeats 

I've never known us so spineless. Even I'm shocked at how bad we are at present 

Do you expect us to lose out? Do you expect everyone to win out? We are in trouble but we have a head start. The bottom 6 teams are on pace for 52 points. So we need 13 points from 15 games to beat that. That is assuming the other 6 teams within 3 points of us continue picking up the same amount. We need the new HC is ASAP to turn this around for sure and if it drags out I’ll be more worried. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Do you expect us to lose out? Do you expect everyone to win out? We are in trouble but we have a head start. The bottom 6 teams are on pace for 52 points. So we need 13 points from 15 games to beat that. That is assuming the other 6 teams within 3 points of us continue picking up the same amount. We need the new HC is ASAP to turn this around for sure and if it drags out I’ll be more worried. 

You are assuming the new man will turn it around,

But what if he does a tisdale?

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m not worried yet. A new manager will probably get them playing again. 

I'm worried that a new manager will be just another one that will be hung out to dry with the present squad. In the time available with the number of games being played per week & injury numbers  I feel it's going to have to be a great man to turn this around, something that we have a poor track record of finding.

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Right, we all agree relegation would be a disaster and, if Palace want Howe, we cannot compete with an established Premier league side.

Who becomes the no 1 fans choice then, considering we need someone in relatively quickly?

Paul Cook, Nigel Pearson? Seem to be the most popular on here that I've seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In my time supporting City, I have enjoyed eight promotions.

Until this season, I have suffered the miseries of seven relegations.

It appears to be a very real probability that come the end of this virus ridden season, City will be back where we seem to belong.

The third highest league in England. Only a near miracle can save us!

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because we will appoint a manager with just about enough time to change mindset, instill a system, drill it sufficiently (it might be basic - needs must) to get the required results.

Ultimately I think the players are good enough, and some may even get to the point where they play well because they’re in the “shop window”.

Does that help?

Not really but thanks anyway!

It wouldn't surprise me if it took weeks to make an appointment, by which time it's too late. Plus not enough good players who are fit. 

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Does that help?

I pray you're right Dave:help::pray:

36 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Paul Cook, Nigel Pearson? Seem to be the most popular on here that I've seen. 

This team is seriously low on confidence, so we won't be able to compete with improving sides below us, going past us, should this turn into a relegation fight.

Four more wins as a minimum can't arrive sooner, to avoid this scenario.

We create nothing as an attacking team going forward.

image.thumb.png.602b925d743418a29cb0c0880397424a.png

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

You are assuming the new man will turn it around,

But what if he does a tisdale?

All I am saying is it would have to be almost apocalyptic to not get the points needed  from our last 22 matches(7 losses in a row and 15 left). Nothing is impossible but usually you get a small bounce from a new man. 47 is usually enough. The bottom 4 are all on pace for 46 or less. We need points ASAP but we are not in the scrap quite yet. Just don’t see the need for panic just yet. Get a new guy in this week, next week at the latest and get those 3 wins we need. 

34 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

All I am saying is it would have to be almost apocalyptic to not get the points needed  from our last 22 matches(7 losses in a row and 15 left). Nothing is impossible but usually you get a small bounce from a new man. 47 is usually enough. The bottom 4 are all on pace for 46 or less. We need points ASAP but we are not in the scrap quite yet. Just don’t see the need for panic just yet. Get a new guy in this week, next week at the latest and get those 3 wins we need. 

Remember when we were 2nd halfway through the season and only needed about 7 more wins to make playoffs... then Wolves broke away and Fielding brought their lad down. The rest, as they say...

• Like 1

All this talk of only needing 3 wins and a couple of draws maybe, I honestly can't see where the next win is coming from, we are shot to pieces at the moment and SL has already said it won't be a quick process to appoint someone new. The problem is the longer it goes on we will become less appealing to some managers/coaches as they wont want a relegation on their CV. This slide needs to be halted fast unfortunately I dont see that happening.

8 minutes ago, stoke giiford red said:

10/1 with Will Hill to be relegated. That seems a  tempting price

to put some money on to soften the blow if we do go down 🤔

8/1 now with Bet365,

We we’re 150/1 3 weeks ago.

Only 6/1 with Skybet.

You’d have to put some serious money on now if you want to ‘soften the blow’ come May.

I can’t help but think we’re destined to get sucked into a relegation battle we ultimately won’t win.

The board took an incredibly foolish decision and we may well pay the ultimate price. The board have literally taken their eye off the ball, more concerned with other ventures & therefore the CEO & Chair should quite rightly be removed if relegation were to happen. 

It has been glaringly obvious we’ve been poor all season and the coaching team wasn’t working effectively, we didn’t recruit in Jan given the extensive injuries and in football you usually you get what you deserve.

If we manage to avoid relegation SL needs to reassess the set up at City, to ensure it is set up to strive forward and aspire to be an elite sports club. Key management performances should be analysed as per the players. 

The amount of data that must be available to the club now should enable a well heeled organisation to gain a reasonably competitive advantage.