IGNORED

9 to 10 points required

Robin Wood

7 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

God where are going to get the points we need, waiting on players returning from injury who will need match fitness you can almost see the out of contract players just going through the motions and hiding just to get the game over and avoiding any physical contact 

I wouldn't be surprised if 48 points wouldn't be enough seeing as the bottom clubs keep picking up points, didn Leicester get relegated about 10 years ago with 54 points? 

30 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

If we get a new manager ASAP we should be able to at least beat Wycombe and hopefully Birmingham nab a few draws maybe (this is me trying to be optimistic)

Brum will steamroller us and I wouldnt bet on us scoring in a brothel.

April is going to be a massive month for City. I don’t see us picking up any points in the next 4 games with things as they stand.     Then Birmingham, hopefully grab something & then Blackburn who I think are decent on their day. That will lead us into a massive month of football. How depressing is that! COYR 

If a new Manager , say paul cook comes in after boro. Fans would expect a instant response, but in reality it would probably take 5-6 games to get the team organised (considering how bad we are now) and Install some confidence . We could well be just a few points from the drop by then . We can’t even get a ******* corner or literally pass a ball to one another 5 ******* yards . It’s as big a task for any manager in recent times. 

For me today was all about stopping the rot. We should have gone 451 (4231) and tried not to lose the game to give us a foundation on which to build (together with what could have been a valuable point). To play a weak 3 man midfield was naive at best.

32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

52 points needed to be sure of safety, so more like 13 needed.  We don’t draw matches so that’s at least four wins.  If we continue playing the way we did today, then I can’t see us winning another match all season.

If we need 52 points to stay up forget it we have no chance of reaching that total

On 20/02/2021 at 18:40, Alessandro said:

Boro, Swansea and Bournemouth up next.

QPR then....

Birmingham - that game could very likely be a relegation 6 pointer.

found this on page 8, just 7 days ago. the way we are going,we could have 10 games to spare after avoiding the drop. unbelievable change

Rotherham's current ppg carried through to the end of the season would see them finish on 43 points, accounting for a small desperation upturn in form we won't need much more and mathematical safety should be with more than a handful of games

47 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

16 defeats already this season though; it’s just too many

(then there is our -9 G.D.)

Only 6 clubs have won more than us.

If (big if) we can win the next two, that may change and so might the goal difference.

I think its asking too much for us to get into the playoffs now, but we certainly aint going to be anywhere near relegation imo.

4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

16 defeats already this season though; it’s just too many

(then there is our -9 G.D.)

First of all, playoffs are most likely gone, though still possible, but...

The amount of defeats (and wins, we're one of the highest winning teams) is because we've only drawn 3.

And in theory 23 defeats could still see a team promoted automatically, if they won the over 23.

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Rotherham's current ppg carried through to the end of the season would see them finish on 43 points, accounting for a small desperation upturn in form we won't need much more and mathematical safety should be with more than a handful of games

Rotherham are playing better than their results suggest and don't forget that Sheff Wed's had a 6 point deduction, I think it'll be 50+ to stay up this season which we would of struggled to get with the last manager

17 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Rotherham are playing better than their results suggest and don't forget that Sheff Wed's had a 6 point deduction, I think it'll be 50+ to stay up this season which we would of struggled to get with the last manager

whatever it is,we look like we can do it easily now.  im not very good at expressing myself on here but the point i was trying to emphasise was just how quickly things can change this season. last sunday morning we were relegation fodder,now we are looking up hoping to somehow squeeze back into the playoffs. even if pearson was already coming last sunday,i dont think i could have felt so much better about where we are now. simply amazing turnaround with 2 unbelievable results

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

whatever it is,we look like we can do it easily now.  im not very good at expressing myself on here but the point i was trying to emphasise was just how quickly things can change this season. last sunday morning we were relegation fodder,now we are looking up hoping to somehow squeeze back into the playoffs. even if pearson was already coming last sunday,i dont think i could have felt so much better about where we are now. simply amazing turnaround with 2 unbelievable results

Absolutely right, from thinking that we were in deep, deep trouble I can  see us finishing top half instead of bottom half, actually looking forward to next season for a change 

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

found this on page 8, just 7 days ago. the way we are going,we could have 10 games to spare after avoiding the drop. unbelievable change

It’s a remarkable change isn’t it - but it’s not just as simple as 2 wins, or 6 points.

Those 2 wins were also our first wins this season against top 6/8 teams. Under Holden we’d only beaten Stoke before that.

And it’s the change on and off the pitch in attitude and mentality. So nice to be looking up instead of down!

2 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Just play positive football until the end of the season and finish on a high to take us into next season. We’ll finish where we finish but no expectation of playoffs. As Pearson said yesterday we could have been 3 nil down at ht yesterday. 

Yep could’ve been a different story on another day but the team stuck together so well. I agree with you, let’s focus on the performances for the rest of the season, end the season on a high and be in a good place going into the summer. Playoffs aren’t worth worrying about, if we sneak in that’s a bonus.

We’re effectively safe now but anyone thinking the playoffs are in any way a possibility is deluded.

We would need to significantly better the results of at least 4 sides (2 of whom Cardiff & Barnsley are flying at present) not just one.

Archived