IGNORED

Glass Half Full!

Red Billy

So we have no manager, we are losing game after game and half our players are out of contract at the end of the season but.............

We get a new manager. We free up spaces for new players and all of sudden it’s looking green in the garden! With fresh faces coming in. Success and failure is a fine line.  However Paul Cook is not the man. His record is underwhelming and I think we waste an opportunity if we employ him.  Right now actually offers one of the best chances we have of making the premier league.

2 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

So we have no manager, we are losing game after game and half our players are out of contract at the end of the season but.............

We get a new manager. We free up spaces for new players and all of sudden it’s looking green in the garden! With fresh faces coming in. Success and failure is a fine line.  However Paul Cook is not the man. His record is underwhelming and I think we waste an opportunity if we employ him.  Right now actually offers one of the best chances we have of making the premier league.

Blimey Bill.I know a drink on match day helps with the pain,but how many have you had?Must have started before you woke up I reckon.Cheers mate!

2 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

I take it you are a glass half full kind of person?

6 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

So who is this saviour you speak of?

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

Blimey Bill.I know a drink on match day helps with the pain,but how many have you had?Must have started before you woke up I reckon.Cheers mate!

:laugh:! Think back to when McInnes was here. He wanted to overhaul the squad but inherited a lot of shit players on long contracts. At least who ever comes in now has a chance to freshen up the squad.

3 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

:laugh:! Think back to when McInnes was here. He wanted to overhaul the squad but inherited a lot of shit players on long contracts. At least who ever comes in now has a chance to freshen up the squad.

You may be onto something Bill.We have been caught out with many poor players on long contracts before.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

So who is this saviour you speak of?

I would like a coach like Lampard that the young players in our academy could aspire to and look up to. First team player could appreciate his success in football and loan players from other teams would want to come and play for.  We all have our wish lists but don’t have to back it up by actually making the appointment. What I don’t want is a manger who has had a chance at this level and failed to use us a chance to resurrect a career in which they have a bright future behind them

12 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Glass half full? More likely pipe topped up with happy baccy more like...

There are certainly no upsides to relegation and that’s the way we are headed without a dramatic change being made.

Just now, Slacker said:

You may be onto something Bill.We have been caught out with many poor players on long contracts before.

Whoever comes will have almost a chance to start over from scratch which is a rare opportunity in most clubs. Safe in the knowledge there is solid youth team to underpin a strong 1st eleven

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

Glass half full? More likely pipe topped up with happy baccy more like...

There are certainly no upsides to relegation and that’s the way we are headed without a dramatic change being made.

But that is the point - we can have a dramatic change.

16 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

5C0D11FE-CFB1-461D-8874-120F7228C750.gif

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Yes that’s a lovely thought - but unfortunately reliant on:

1) The owner picking the ‘right’ manager next

and 

2) The CEO getting in players that will improve the squad.

Recent history tells us this isn’t a given....

Quite right. It is dependent on the board getting the next appointment right. But if they do then circumstances allow that individual to revolutionise the squad

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yes that’s a lovely thought - but unfortunately reliant on:

1) The owner picking the ‘right’ manager next

and 

2) The CEO getting in players that will improve the squad.

Recent history tells us this isn’t a given....

3) Us staying up.

There is an opportunity there, but it's surely moot if we're back in League One!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You don’t rate Cook and you do rate Lampard. I think that’s sufficient for us to judge. 

So if you are a Cook fan then convert me? I remember going to Chesterfield and watching his team and they looked good but nothing in his CV gives me comfort that he is any better than say Johnson. Change my mind?

9 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

What I don’t want is a manger who has had a chance at this level and failed to use us a chance to resurrect a career in which they have a bright future behind them

Like Warnock or McCarthy maybe? Both have been available lately for short term contracts.

13 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

I would like a coach like Lampard that the young players in our academy could aspire to and look up to. First team player could appreciate his success in football and loan players from other teams would want to come and play for.  We all have our wish lists but don’t have to back it up by actually making the appointment. What I don’t want is a manger who has had a chance at this level and failed to use us a chance to resurrect a career in which they have a bright future behind them

Nope sorry Bud that plan aint going to work.

12 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

I'd just like to thank you for referring to your preferred choice as Lampard. I really cannot abide the use of "Lamps". 

1 minute ago, Red Dread said:

Like Warnock or McCarthy maybe? Both have been available lately for short term contracts.

Both great fire fighters! I think McCarthy did such a professional job against us recently to grind out the win. Do you really want to just grind out wins each week though? It’s not pretty but it’s effective and will take you so far but how far........

Just now, Red Billy said:

So if you are a Cook fan then convert me? I remember going to Chesterfield and watching his team and they looked good but nothing in his CV gives me comfort that he is any better than say Johnson. Change my mind?

Cook has won promotion at every club he’s been at. Chesterfield, Pompey, Wigan.

Johnson has never won anything. 

Cook has played good football wherever he’s managed. 

He took 5m budget Wigan to one place below 63m Bristol City last season. Have I remembered these numbers correct @Davefevs? (Been drinking Weston’s vintage!)

He has a brilliant eye for a player. 

There’s a very good post by @Harrywho can convinced better than I (or many) ever could. I’m sure he’s pretty bored of sharing it. 

1 minute ago, Red Billy said:

Both great fire fighters! I think McCarthy did such a professional job against us recently to grind out the win. Do you really want to just grind out wins each week though? It’s not pretty but it’s effective and will take you so far but how far........

Grinding out three points is far more satisfying than dreaming of a team that if achieving your standards would be sold at the first opportunity.

Archived