IGNORED

Steve We Know You Are Reading This!

REDOXO

I guess you Mark and Jon were discussing the game before, during and after.

if this helps, WE DO NOT HAVE SIX WEEKS!

The two guys you brought in are clueless about what to do. Another game without so much as a corner. If you need a temporary just do it. But this is appalling. 

If we fluke something at Borough because Diehdou is trying to impress his new boss, this basic fact will not change!

Yes...he needs to give up on the idea of Ashton looking at a dozen cv's and then drawing up a shortlist for him and Ashton to interview. 

He needs to spend this weekend on the phone negotiating with our top one or two targets, sorting out a contract and announcing him on Monday. 

We really cannot afford to wait any longer.

24 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes...he needs to give up on the idea of Ashton looking at a dozen cv's and then drawing up a shortlist for him and Ashton to interview. 

He needs to spend this weekend on the phone negotiating with our top one or two targets, sorting out a contract and announcing him on Monday. 

Absolutely. Should be able to make a list of your top maybe 4 targets immediately then interview them and appoint. If somehow you can't get any of those 4 then you have 1 or two backup.

Why the hell do we have 12-15?! It's not a supermarket manager job, these are all public figures who you can find their CVs on bloody Wikipedia!

5 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

How about offering huge win bonuses to the players to motivate them, as pride/playing for the shirt doesn't seem to inspire them.

Will cost a lot less than relegation.

Nice thought, but illegal.  Bonus scheme agreed before the season.  Can’t even give them curry Source as a bonus on their post-match chips after an away win.

The fact that after 4 days the shortlist was still being drawn up is in itself a total farce. 
As others have said, we sure give out the impression that we don’t know who we want or why. 
Football is a small world. Managers perform very much in the public eye. Everyone knows how each team is managed and how each team is run (ie who has a tight budget, who has backing of board, who works within certain systems etc), everyone knows the style of play each manager favours. It’s not a normal interview process where you are trying to find out if someone has the correct skills to join your organisation. It’s football. The managerial CV’s are in the public eye, every day. It’s not hard to work out what you want. 

Just go and speak to the person you think you want based on their highly visible career to date. You don’t need to call them in for a lengthy interview to have them run through their cv and ask them questions as to what motivates them and what their strengths and weaknesses are!! The evidence is already there - in the public eye. It’s called ‘have a look at the jobs they’ve done so far’. 

It’s a football manager job. The inevitability is that, unless we hire Sir Alex or Arsene, we’ll be looking for another one in 2-4 years max. Please stop making out it’s some kind of complicated rocket science. 

Time is VERY MUCH of the essence. The current squad with its current motivation, will find it hard to pick up another point this season. The task is at hand Steve. No dithering please. Take control immediately and get on the phone to the person you already have in mind, immediately. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I guess you Mark and Jon were discussing the game before, during and after.

if this helps, WE DO NOT HAVE SIX WEEKS!

The two guys you brought in are clueless about what to do. Another game without so much as a corner. If you need a temporary just do it. But this is appalling. 

If we fluke something at Borough because Diehdou is trying to impress his new boss, this basic fact will not change!

Blue Few

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

The fact that after 4 days the shortlist was still being drawn up is in itself a total farce. 
As others have said, we sure give out the impression that we don’t know who we want or why. 
Football is a small world. Managers perform very much in the public eye. Everyone knows how each team is managed and how each team is run (ie who has a tight budget, who has backing of board, who works within certain systems etc), everyone knows the style of play each manager favours. It’s not a normal interview process where you are trying to find out if someone has the correct skills to join your organisation. It’s football. The managerial CV’s are in the public eye, every day. It’s not hard to work out what you want. 

Just go and speak to the person you think you want based on their highly visible career to date. You don’t need to call them in for a lengthy interview to have them run through their cv and ask them questions as to what motivates them and what their strengths and weaknesses are!! The evidence is already there - in the public eye. It’s called ‘have a look at the jobs they’ve done so far’. 

It’s a football manager job. The inevitability is that, unless we hire Sir Alex or Arsene, we’ll be looking for another one in 2-4 years max. Please stop making out it’s some kind of complicated rocket science. 

Time is VERY MUCH of the essence. The current squad with its current motivation, will find it hard to pick up another point this season. The task is at hand Steve. No dithering please. Take control immediately and get on the phone to the person you already have in mind, immediately. 

To save a bit more time, do you have Paul Cook's phone number you could put up on here for him?

Steve could make it even easier for himself and absolve any responsibility by simply looking at the recent otib poll. 
A third of fans want Howe. Another third wanted Cook. 
Just employ either one of those and if it goes tits up then he can blame the fans. 
I’m happy to stick my neck on the block for either of those 2. 
So let’s stop pissassing around shall we and get it done already. 

50 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Ran out of reactions, but absolutely spot on.

I've said similar elsewhere today, we really can't afford to hang around doing "due diligence".

New guy needs to be in early next week.

Hopefully Lansdown will realise he has go out and get his man, forget the long winded process and 2nd/3rd/4th interviews.

Identify your top target and speak to them directly, I would cut Ashton out of the process, this will speed up the process and allows Steve to understand what a top applicant wants without unnecessary distraction.  

If it was me tonight I would approach Howe and Cook directly, cut out the bluster. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Steve could make it even easier for himself and absolve any responsibility by simply looking at the recent otib poll. 
Just employ either one of those and if it goes tits up then he can blame the fans. 

To be fair, that's probably a better system than Ashton uses!

I do believe Landsdown might have been hoping for an improvement with Keith and Paul in charge even if it was just for a week or two, to release the pressure slightly while they do the interviewing.  Today proved that isn't going to work so I'm sure it will push things forward at pace over the next few days.

I know I'm probably the only one here, but after watching Landsdown's interview I do feel slightly better that at least Steve is still passionate about the club and wants to get things right.  Big appointment next though.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nice thought, but illegal.  Bonus scheme agreed before the season.  Can’t even give them curry Source as a bonus on their post-match chips after an away win.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Can’t be done - you can’t add bonuses mid season 

Fair enough, thanks. Freely admit I'm ignorant in such matters. But also desperate ?

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Spot on mate. The fact that Lansdown has been in football for quarter of a century, and Sir Hiss is always banging on about forward planning, yet they are both staring at a blank piece of paper beggars belief. 

12 minutes ago, BigTone said:

We are on the same wavelength Jon. Hows Bermuda ?

Great thanks Tone. I know Dad and Mark have the matter in hand.
I just needed to get away from everything really. I’ve brought my best crayons and colouring book which is helping me relax while I design next years training gear!

Funily enough Nahki has joined me. He tells me he’s been on the beach back in his homeland since December! Such a small world.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just employ either one of those and of it goes tits up then he can blame the fans. 

You are talking about the man who claimed fans only decided Holden was the wrong appointment with hindsight. Whether or not he reads this forum he doesn't understand or care what fans think.

7 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I do believe Landsdown might have been hoping for an improvement with Keith and Paul in charge even if it was just for a week or two, to release the pressure slightly while they do the interviewing.  Today proved that isn't going to work so I'm sure it will push things forward at pace over the next few days.

I know I'm probably the only one here, but after watching Landsdown's interview I do feel slightly better that at least Steve is still passionate about the club and wants to get things right.  Big appointment next though.

No doubt he wants to get things right. Unfortunately his track record shows he usually gets it wrong when appointing managers.

3 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Great thanks Tone. I know Dad and Mark have the matter in hand.
I just needed to get away from everything really. I’ve brought my best crayons and colouring book which is helping me relax while I design next years training gear!

Funily enough Nahki has joined me. He tells me he’s been on the beach back in his homeland since December! Such a small world.

Enjoy Jon. Some government knob here has said you won't get covid if you are on the beach so enjoy the rum and ganja !! Both should help get your designer juices flowing.

You Dad needs the plane back if possible as Mum has ordered an Indian takeaway from Mumbai.

2 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I’ll put my tin hat on, right now.

Big steve doesn’t read this ******* forum. You muppets.

He has an army of people who do it for him. And feed him sentiment/opinions that are pertinent.

jesus wept, he’s a billionaire. 

Blue few

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

There is no doubt we will get relegated . If you do t shoot at goal you will never score ! Where are 5 wins coming from . The situation is dire . We need a new manager this week 

1-0 down at home to Barnsley and we don’t even go at it ...... not a single shot on target second half .....

Zilch

If it wasn’t so pitiful and embarrassing it would be funny

Archived