IGNORED

Steve We Know You Are Reading This!

REDOXO

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I started the thread, so if it helps. I have quoted myself.

To summarize We do not have six weeks. The Football today was appalling under the two guys that have taken control (one of which has already stated that this needs to be done quickly). If they think an interim manager is required while a longer process is undertaken, so be it, but we are crashing down the table with these two picking the team and watching us carrying on the same way as the last bloke.

No time to loose. Most of the blokes in the running have been interviewed and one or two may like the idea of a short term contract. Who knows!!! But get a shift on. As it will be panic within ten days!!

No way it is going to take 6 weeks and would be shocked if it was as long as 3, it was not given a time scale only a process which could take days or a week or 2

He needs to sack the pair of idiots and put Tinman in place temporarily as at least he loves the club, these 2 do not give a sh1t.

If we're genuinely looking at someone like Eddie Howe or Paul Cook then Monday isn't realistic. I can't see Eddie Howe even being considered but if he was and they were serious then I doubt very much that Eddie would be jumping into this job after a day of discussions. 

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

No way it is going to take 6 weeks and would be shocked if it was as long as 3, it was not given a time scale only a process which could take days or a week or 2

He needs to sack the pair of idiots and put Tinman in place temporarily as at least he loves the club, these 2 do not give a sh1t.

May be.

It has taken six weeks before and the interview (with SL) seemed to imply (to me at least) a long process again, (to get the right man) which is why I mentioned a temp. Tinman is an option as he will get them motivated enough to get a couple of adrenalin filled performances, I'm sure. But we can not leave these two numpties in charge for anymore than one more game I feel.

IMO Pearson or Cook would be great blokes to bring in for the remaining games. But I guess we will see! 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

If we're genuinely looking at someone like Eddie Howe or Paul Cook then Monday isn't realistic. I can't see Eddie Howe even being considered but if he was and they were serious then I doubt very much that Eddie would be jumping into this job after a day of discussions. 

Cook was spoken to before. Howe is a wild card that will require an interview. Lets hope its slated for Monday!

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

I’ll put my tin hat on, right now.

Big steve doesn’t read this ******* forum. You muppets.

He has an army of people who do it for him. And feed him sentiment/opinions that are pertinent.

jesus wept, he’s a billionaire. 

Who looks at their bank balance before deciding which websites to frequent? 

The club looked through a **** tonne of CVs six months ago, no need to start that again. Reach out for the right man from the pile unless there's a new one in the mix like Eddie Howe or whoever then go all out to get that man.

I'd like to think that this time around they're willing to go for it and pay the right man what he's worth. They can't be seen to pick a weak option again. The season ticket pick-up next season would be horrendous. 

Ashton should have had a shortlist weeks ago, if things turned round and we didn’t need it, fine.

I wonder what they make of other clubs firing a manager one day, employing a new one the next? 
im not saying go that quick but it shouldn’t take more than a week ten days, especially as they would have done a lot of the heavy lifting back in the summer

31 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

May be.

It has taken six weeks before and the interview (with SL) seemed to imply (to me at least) a long process again, (to get the right man) which is why I mentioned a temp. Tinman is an option as he will get them motivated enough to get a couple of adrenalin filled performances, I'm sure. But we can not leave these two numpties in charge for anymore than one more game I feel.

IMO Pearson or Cook would be great blokes to bring in for the remaining games. But I guess we will see! 

Totally agree dumb and dumber need to leave now, at least Tinman cares and could not do any worse than today.

With out repeating other threads I do not believe DH was the result of the 6 week process, more a low risk / panic appointment at the end when something changed.

We will already know plenty about previous applicants and why we did not appoint them, so its only adding others who apply and suitable or reaching out to others of interest to us.

The threat of relagation is not lost on SL and will not mess around as we sink

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Ashton should have had a shortlist weeks ago, if things turned round and we didn’t need it, fine.

I wonder what they make of other clubs firing a manager one day, employing a new one the next? 
im not saying go that quick but it shouldn’t take more than a week ten days, especially as they would have done a lot of the heavy lifting back in the summer

I am sure MA has already been doing work quietly behind the scenes, but that's something the club prefer not to come out and say

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Totally agree dumb and dumber need to leave now, at least Tinman cares and could not do any worse than today.

With out repeating other threads I do not believe DH was the result of the 6 week process, more a low risk / panic appointment at the end when something changed.

We will already know plenty about previous applicants and why we did not appoint them, so its only adding others who apply and suitable or reaching out to others of interest to us.

The threat of relagation is not lost on SL and will not mess around as we sink

Agreed. After 5 weeks of the process, DH wasn't in their thinking. 

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I am sure MA has already been doing work quietly behind the scenes, but that's something the club prefer not to come out and say

So why would he need another 3,4,5,6 weeks? 

Other clubs often talk to other managers when the end is nigh. They don't waste time.

Our club baffles me on this issue. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

So why would he need another 3,4,5,6 weeks? 

Other clubs often talk to other managers when the end is nigh. They don't waste time.

Our club baffles me on this issue. 

If you look at my replies above I don't, I think we will have someone in place with the next week or 2, 3 maybe on the very outside

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

If you look at my replies above I don't, I think we will have someone in place with the next week or 2, 3 maybe on the very outside

Let’s hope nearer 1 or 2, although after Steve said he’d like to do face to face interviews when covid restrictions are lifted I won’t hold my breath.

Maybe today was a wake up call

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

They covered that this week 

‘We don’t do business / talk behind people’s backs ‘

Good humans innit

It's utter naivety from the club, if true. 

Their only obligation to DH was contractual. DH understands how the game works and what's best for the club is, erm, what's best. 

Archived