IGNORED

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dumb

westex red

Todays performance must surely tell SL we need somebody quickly or we are going down! If this does not happen we will ruin all that has been achieved by our club, great stadium, great youth policy and to be honest a great club!

SL's interview suggested we may have to take time to make the correct appointment, I really think we no longer have this time, we need an experienced guy to sort this out quickly, otherwise it's all been in vain, we only have the current squad to work with, but I do believe this can be sorted out with the correct 'experienced' appointment, without too much input from others that should only be involved with other running side of our great club, and not the football side!

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Definitely think today will have sped up the search, think we'll be at least close if not appointed by next weekend

We need an appointment before the next match. No dicking around, following “our process”, we need a manager who can galvanise our players into a team very quickly. That’s the minimum requirement.

4 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

We need an appointment before the next match. No dicking around, following “our process”, we need a manager who can galvanise our players into a team very quickly. That’s the minimum requirement.

Indeed. **** the process we need a proper manager and NOW.

Well, Holden wanted these two jokers so it can't be a surprise that yet again we have one shot on target and no corners.

We seem to be set up better today but again totally dictated to by the opposition. We are in big trouble. 

Whoever comes in will need to get some belief into the players and  stabilise the slump. Get rid of a load in the summer and regroup for next season.

We have paid a heavy price for employing a complete novice with the tactical nous of a piece of cardboard.

15 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Even if we approached someone particular getting everything sorted and any potential staff members accompanying them before Tuesday is still a bit tight timewise, by Saturday (or midweek) should be more realistic if we have 1 person singled out.

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Even if we approached someone particular getting everything sorted and any potential staff members accompanying them before Tuesday is still a bit tight timewise, by Saturday (or midweek) should be more realistic if we have 1 person singled out.

Fair enough. With the current season, the timescales are even tighter than usual. What we can’t do is dither, with Tweedledee and Tweedledumb being in charge for any more games than is truly necessary. Nothing is going to change while they are in charge of the team.

Post match shows that Simpson doesn't want the job. He wants it done quickly. Get it done.

The BP: We saw from what Steve Lansdown said last night that it might take a while to find Dean’s permanent replacement, you and Keith could be in charge for a few more games at least. Coming up next, trips to Middlesbrough and Swansea. It doesn’t get any easier for you does it?

Simpson: There aren’t any easy games in the Championship. It is a really, really tough league. I heard the owner's interview last night, I heard what he said, that we have to go through the right process.

But I think it’s best for everybody that it’s dealt with as fast as it possibly can. We’re all sitting in limbo, not knowing what’s going to happen.

It’s really difficult for us as a group of staff to be able to get the reaction that we want.

We are trying everything we possibly can, we’ve had two days of training with the players. It’s all been a bit of a shock this week, a bit of a whirlwind.

We will continue to be as professional as we possibly can, to try and get a different tune out of this same group of players on Tuesday night.

But I just hope for everybody's sake, I’m talking for everybody involved with Bristol City Football Club, and the supporters are the main ones involved in all of this.

I hope it’s resolved soon. I want to be involved in the challenge, but I think we all need to know where we need to go and where the club moves forward from here.

BP: Do you or Keith consider yourself candidates or would you like to continue in your current role?

Simpson: I haven’t even given it a thought. The club did that with Dean when they made that appointment. I don’t do social media but I’m told that that’s not what the fans want.

I’ve never been given any indication that we’ve been considered. All I want is for it all to be concluded as quickly as possible so we can all move forward as a football club.

There are a lot of things moving forward in this football club's favour. Except at the moment, we have got an unbelievably long injury list, we have got young players on the side who are probably not ready to be involved in the side on a consistent basis, and we need to get something that makes this club move forward in a positive way.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-word-paul-simpson-say-5027818

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Post match shows that Simpson doesn't want the job. He wants it done quickly. Get it done.

The BP: We saw from what Steve Lansdown said last night that it might take a while to find Dean’s permanent replacement, you and Keith could be in charge for a few more games at least. Coming up next, trips to Middlesbrough and Swansea. It doesn’t get any easier for you does it?

Simpson: There aren’t any easy games in the Championship. It is a really, really tough league. I heard the owner's interview last night, I heard what he said, that we have to go through the right process.

But I think it’s best for everybody that it’s dealt with as fast as it possibly can. We’re all sitting in limbo, not knowing what’s going to happen.

It’s really difficult for us as a group of staff to be able to get the reaction that we want.

We are trying everything we possibly can, we’ve had two days of training with the players. It’s all been a bit of a shock this week, a bit of a whirlwind.

We will continue to be as professional as we possibly can, to try and get a different tune out of this same group of players on Tuesday night.

But I just hope for everybody's sake, I’m talking for everybody involved with Bristol City Football Club, and the supporters are the main ones involved in all of this.

I hope it’s resolved soon. I want to be involved in the challenge, but I think we all need to know where we need to go and where the club moves forward from here.

BP: Do you or Keith consider yourself candidates or would you like to continue in your current role?

Simpson: I haven’t even given it a thought. The club did that with Dean when they made that appointment. I don’t do social media but I’m told that that’s not what the fans want.

I’ve never been given any indication that we’ve been considered. All I want is for it all to be concluded as quickly as possible so we can all move forward as a football club.

There are a lot of things moving forward in this football club's favour. Except at the moment, we have got an unbelievably long injury list, we have got young players on the side who are probably not ready to be involved in the side on a consistent basis, and we need to get something that makes this club move forward in a positive way.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-word-paul-simpson-say-5027818

Fair play. At least he knows his limits. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Fair play. At least he knows his limits. 

Little dig at the club IMO. Thinly veiled criticism of the whole concept of appointing an assistant. Absolutely agree with you, I've always respected a bloke who either knows he's not suited to a top job, or is content with being a number 2.

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Don’t really know why these two are coming in for the personal insults. They’ve been offered a job, which probably looked good on paper & sounded great when approached. But the reality is, Holden made the decisions on tactics, formation & signings. Which for me is the most baffling bit, when appointed, I got the impression that we were going to tap into their knowledge of upcoming youth as well as their coaching ability. We then went & started signing experienced 30 something players as we have before. They have had 2 days training, I didn’t expect some tactical master plan in that time. But what I hoped for was some personal pride, professional pride & just a bloody reaction from the players. Don’t get me wrong, team selection was on them & I still find it baffling that we play a centre half in midfield, one that isn’t actually playing that well I might add & then decide to leave a young midfielder who has shown at least some sort of form of late on the bench. We also have a Hungarian midfield international on the bench who could feel a bit aggrieved that players are getting picked ahead of him, would Vyner play midfield for Hungary? Would he even get in the squad? Doubtful I’d say, it’s bloody crazy. So team selection they deserve some questions, maybe not the personal insults though. COYR 

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

At least he speaks with conviction and you know his thoughts, rather than the contradictory fluffy cliche’d nonsense we got from Dean.

I actually think he expects to leave when a new guy is appointed and would rather this was done quickly so he can put this whole sorry affair behind him and rebuild his reputation and credibility somewhere else. Probably back at the FA.

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Don’t really know why these two are coming in for the personal insults. They’ve been offered a job, which probably looked good on paper & sounded great when approached. But the reality is, Holden made the decisions on tactics, formation & signings. Which for me is the most baffling bit, when appointed, I got the impression that we were going to tap into their knowledge of upcoming youth as well as their coaching ability. We then went & started signing experienced 30 something players as we have before. They have had 2 days training, I didn’t expect some tactical master plan in that time. But what I hoped for was some personal pride, professional pride & just a bloody reaction from the players. Don’t get me wrong, team selection was on them & I still find it baffling that we play a centre half in midfield, one that isn’t actually playing that well I might add & then decide to leave a young midfielder who has shown at least some sort of form of late on the bench. We also have a Hungarian midfield international on the bench who could feel a bit aggrieved that players are getting picked ahead of him, would Vyner play midfield for Hungary? Would he even get in the squad? Doubtful I’d say, it’s bloody crazy. So team selection they deserve some questions, maybe not the personal insults though. COYR 

The club seem obsessed with blooding youth when they are not actually that good, and buying experience to balance it out when they are not actually that good.

We are then left with a team that is not actually that good.

Funny that.

7 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

The club seem obsessed with blooding youth when they are not actually that good, and buying experience to balance it out when they are not actually that good.

We are then left with a team that is not actually that good.

Funny that.

I think to be fair, the injuries have played a major part in the amount of game time a few of the youngsters have got. But to then select them out of position against what is very good opposition most weeks is crazy. It could easily set them back in their personal development. They only have to have a poor run of games ( out of position ), lose their place & never get another opportunity if someone else grabs it. So I’d say, not good enough to be regular starters at the minute, rather than not good enough full stop. Also would help their development if they had top class experience around them as you aloud to. COYR 

32 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thanks for sharing, I did hear it, but didn’t take it all in.  Honest.

20 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Joking aside, I do believe he is a decent guy. I always have done.

Me too.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.

I clearly remember him losing a play off final on a WRONG decision by the referee some years back, and he took it with real dignity. He really is a good guy and I have never forgotten his reaction to this day. He said something like, yes it should have been a goal kick, but we didn't defend the corner and you have to accept it. How many would have reacted by throwing a big tantrum on TV? The majority, I would suggest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Football_League_Two_play-off_Final

Shrewsbury boss Paul Simpson:
"It wasn't a corner but if we look at things like that we will be clutching at straws. The referee had a decent game and if we deal with the corner then there's no problem.

"There are no words anyone can say in a situation like this. It's a horrible feeling and it's difficult but we have to pick ourselves up and move on.

"Football is a business which keeps evolving and we have to go back in on Monday morning and prepare for next season."

I meant to add that this was in the 90th minute btw. Very classy, from PS, I'm pretty sure I would have been fuming with the ref.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.

Hoped maybe it would show that they aren't "Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee".

Only pasted those two answers but the full BP articel is interesting. The questions on injuries reveals some shocking stuff:

On Edwards.

I have to be honest with you, I’m not sure where we are with Owura Edwards. He’s got an issue with his Achilles that he has apparently had for a good few weeks that I wasn’t aware of, but it got worse playing in an in-house Under-23s game on Tuesday.

On Sessegnon and Paterson.

Probably, if I’m being really honest, we are bringing Sess back a bit earlier than he’s ready, Jamie Paterson has been playing for the last few weeks before he’s fully ready to be back in the team.

Then this car crash of a question and answer re Williams:

BP: Joe Williams suggested last night that he is going to be out for some time on social media, he had those scans on his hamstring. Are we likely to see him at all this season?

Simpson: I’ll be honest with you, I heard about this statement that went on social media last night. I’m told that he said ‘I’m delighted to finally get to the bottom of what the issue is,’ well I don’t actually know what the issue is because I haven’t been told.

I’m not trying to duck the question, but I know nothing more. The last I heard was that he had another scan, there was something strange on it that was going to be sent away to be assessed, and I don’t know anymore.

If Joe knows something, I haven’t seen Joe since early last week. I’m really sorry but I can’t say anymore because I don’t know any more about it.

This squad is being held together with gaffa tape and pritt stick and not even the assistant head coach knows who's sticking which bit to what.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Only pasted those two answers but the full BP articel is interesting. The questions on injuries reveals some shocking stuff:

On Edwards.

I have to be honest with you, I’m not sure where we are with Owura Edwards. He’s got an issue with his Achilles that he has apparently had for a good few weeks that I wasn’t aware of, but it got worse playing in an in-house Under-23s game on Tuesday.

Probably, if I’m being really honest, we are bringing Sess back a bit earlier than he’s ready, Jamie Paterson has been playing for the last few weeks before he’s fully ready to be back in the team.

BP: Joe Williams suggested last night that he is going to be out for some time on social media, he had those scans on his hamstring. Are we likely to see him at all this season?

Simpson: I’ll be honest with you, I heard about this statement that went on social media last night. I’m told that he said ‘I’m delighted to finally get to the bottom of what the issue is,’ well I don’t actually know what the issue is because I haven’t been told.

I’m not trying to duck the question, but I know nothing more. The last I heard was that he had another scan, there was something strange on it that was going to be sent away to be assessed, and I don’t know anymore.

If Joe knows something, I haven’t seen Joe since early last week. I’m really sorry but I can’t say anymore because I don’t know any more about it.

This squad is being held together with gaffa tape and pritt stick and not even the assistant head coach knows who's sticking which bit to what.

Wow, big wow.  Appreciate they’ve been thrown in following Dean’s sacking....but what the absolute duck is going on?

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

On Edwards.

That’s it for tonight. Too much to take

Headphones and Dinosaur Jr to take away the pain

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Wow, big wow.  Appreciate they’ve been thrown in following Dean’s sacking....but what the absolute duck is going on?

It's the words of someone who has thought "**** it, I'm getting booted down the street anyway, these fans don't know the half of it so let them have a bit of this......".

It's a mess down there, communication is clearly thought to be overrated and somebody at Management level doesn't have their finger on the pulse of what the hell is happening to his little empire. Wonder who could that be?

Archived