IGNORED

Steve, whatever it takes GET EDDIE HOWE

QuedgeRed

Steve: Hi Eddie, what would it take for you to take over at Bristol City?

EH: half a billion pounds, to be named as your sole heir, complete control over everything at the club and a mansion built for me near Long Ashton

Steve: Okay

EH: ..... What?!

Steve: Some guy on the internet told me to do whatever it takes

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’m not convinced EH has what it takes to get this bunch of desire less rabble going.

Im convinced we need a manager who isn’t going to be a soft touch like the last two managers.

Paul Cook wouldn’t get f@@led about by these bottlers.

I think he could get a few wins to avoid relegation.

Then regroup during the summer.

2 minutes ago, nellie said:

just out of interest why ? he ran out of ideas when the team he built ended up moving on 

Promotion

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Steve: Hi Eddie, what would it take for you to take over at Bristol City?

EH: half a billion pounds, to be named as your sole heir, complete control over everything at the club and a mansion built for me near Long Ashton

Steve: Okay

EH: ..... What?!

Steve: Some guy on the internet told me to do whatever it takes

More like, "Sorry Eddie, no can do. The other stuff's fine but I'll never get planning permission near Long Ashton"

1 minute ago, QuedgeRed said:

I think he could get a few wins to avoid relegation.

Then regroup during the summer.

Promotion

Not guaranteed im fortunate to be related to players that have played for him i went to school with him he is mates with my brother in law he isn't a guarantee to improve us in my honest opinion 

Loving the extra thread - If Steve reads this. 

I do not want the next 5 years to be manager after manager, it makes no sense to the fans or the board (financially), 

Spend BIG NOW - give a top coach (maybe Eddie Howe) a 4 year contract and put a message out to ALL BRISTOL CITY fans and say 'Eddie Howe will not lose his Job at Bristol City unless we get relegated (in the championship or premiership, over his contract). Simples. If THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR, we can't or won't call for any managers head if we go on a mentally bad run..

ONLY, Relegation MEANS THE SACK, anything else, the manager stays in the job. I would prefer that approach. albeit its not the right 'corporate minded thing to do' but we do not want to keep changing managers over and over.  

As fans, we then see and hear a clear path for the next manager - no talk of promotion. The next manager will be at Bristol City for the next 4 years, unless we get relegated at whatever level!

Thoughts ? It's an odd approach but it is a CLEAR MESSAGE to our fan base!

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Spend BIG NOW - give a top coach (maybe Eddie Howe) a 4 year contract and put a message out to ALL BRISTOL CITY fans and say 'Eddie Howe will not lose his Job at Bristol City unless we get relegated (in the championship or premiership, over his contract). Simples. 

Magnificent. You are a strategic genius.

Employ an expensive coach on a long term contract and make his KPI mediocracy. Brilliant

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Magnificent. You are a strategic genius.

Employ and expensive coach on a long term contract and mediocracy. Brilliant

If you spend big rather than appointing a rookie, you have a much better chance of progressing. Changing managers on a regular basis (think gas), has no positive impact.

We need a long term appointment imo and as fans we should buy into that - IF the board spend bigger and opt for a decent manager rather than cheaper options, we shouldnt throw our toys out of the pram, if success is not immediate! 

Cant stand the bloke

IMO Bournemouth would still be in the prem if they had any other premiership manager in charge(apart from OGS)

That squad should have been mid table 

Things started to go wrong and Howe was to arrogant to change his style of play

Do i want him as our next manager NO

You i back him if he was - Yes100% like every other manager we have had

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Cant stand the bloke

IMO Bournemouth would still be in the prem if they had any other premiership manager in charge(apart from OGS)

That squad should have been mid table 

Things started to go wrong and Howe was to arrogant to change his style of play

Do i want him as our next manager NO

You i back him if he was - Yes100% like every other manager we have had

we might get Pitman back if he does come here 

36 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’m not convinced EH has what it takes to get this bunch of desire less rabble going.

Im convinced we need a manager who isn’t going to be a soft touch like the last two managers.

This. ^^^

45 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

you say that he did go from in charge from the academy there at Bournemouth to chucked into the deep end when they were all but down and out with a old school Wimbledon team spirit still a no from me   

1 hour ago, nellie said:

you say that he did go from in charge from the academy there at Bournemouth to chucked into the deep end when they were all but down and out with a old school Wimbledon team spirit still a no from me   

That was his first spell. Sterling work.

His second also deserved credit but was a lot more financially influenced.

Issue I've got with Howe at this time. How would he fit into the current (Championship wide basically) financial constraints.

Secondly, does he still have the hunger? For a challenge I mean- he walked away from Bournemouth after all, how much of that was a result of having to downsize due to relegation!

Archived