IGNORED

It's too late.

Superjack

Last summer, I wanted Jokanovic. I even voted for him in a poll of who I would like just a few days ago.

But it's too late for that. It's now too late to look for anyone with promotion to the Premier League on their CV, because that isn't our immediate objective any more. 

We are plummeting into League One. I keep hearing that we only need 10-15 points for safety. But we can't keep a clean sheet, we can't keep possession, we can't pass, we can't create in the final third and therefore we can't score.

We don't need someone to get us promoted right now. We need someone to keep us up. And I don't think that most of the candidates with a Premiership promotion on their CV would be capable of turning this around. The landscape has changed dramatically since the summer and, despite holding his hands up this week, I think that we all know that the owner is not the only one to blame.

What we need now is a fighter and a winner. Like the bloke that a certain Mr. Dawe recommended about seven years ago. Someone that has the coaching abilities to turn the rest of this season around, but also has a track record that suggests that having done that, he could push us on. 

To me that is Paul Cook. And not Paul Cook in six weeks time. Paul Cook now.

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

But we can't keep a clean sheet, we can't keep possession, we can't pass, we can't create in the final third and therefore we can't score.

Yeh, but apart from that we’re not too bad.

37 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He holds a few cards in a contract negotiation right now doesn’t he? 

I bet his agent and himself are waiting for the call. 

With the state we find ourselves any decent candidate will hold a few, if not all , the cards in contract negotiations.

Last two games lost with no fight, next three are likely to go same way.  So that is 0 points from 15.  We desperately need a firm and confident hand on the tiller by next Saturday at latest.  

You don’t need a long list.  You need a short list of 3/4.  If SL and MA can’t do that then they must bring in a consultant who can.  First task for such a consultant to draw up a proper person spec.  A two hour job max.  From what SL said, and is doing, we don’t have one.  Challenge: If we do have one publish it.
This club is run so badly it is unbelievable - or would be if we haven’t been here again and again and again

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

Last summer, I wanted Jokanovic. I even voted for him in a poll of who I would like just a few days ago.

But it's too late for that. It's now too late to look for anyone with promotion to the Premier League on their CV, because that isn't our immediate objective any more. 

We are plummeting into League One. I keep hearing that we only need 10-15 points for safety. But we can't keep a clean sheet, we can't keep possession, we can't pass, we can't create in the final third and therefore we can't score.

We don't need someone to get us promoted right now. We need someone to keep us up. And I don't think that most of the candidates with a Premiership promotion on their CV would be capable of turning this around. The landscape has changed dramatically since the summer and, despite holding his hands up this week, I think that we all know that the owner is not the only one to blame.

What we need now is a fighter and a winner. Like the bloke that a certain Mr. Dawe recommended about seven years ago. Someone that has the coaching abilities to turn the rest of this season around, but also has a track record that suggests that having done that, he could push us on. 

I never do this. But THIS^

24 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Last two games lost with no fight, next three are likely to go same way.  So that is 0 points from 15.  We desperately need a firm and confident hand on the tiller by next Saturday at latest.  

You don’t need a long list.  You need a short list of 3/4.  If SL and MA can’t do that then they must bring in a consultant who can.  First task for such a consultant to draw up a proper person spec.  A two hour job max.  From what SL said, and is doing, we don’t have one.  Challenge: If we do have one publish it.
This club is run so badly it is unbelievable - or would be if we haven’t been here again and again and again

They would probably draw up a long-list of consultants...

31 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Last two games lost with no fight, next three are likely to go same way.  So that is 0 points from 15. 

0 points from 30 by that stage to be precise.

Edit: 0 from 27

....but then we’ve got QPR who have picked up their own form...so that’ll be 0 from 30.

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

We will be fine, this squad is a proven championship side. Confidence is all we are missing. With the right manager we will finish comfortably in mid table. I know it’s hard but we need to trust Steve Lansdown and I’m sure he doesn’t want to see us relegated any more then we do. 

Archived