IGNORED

Next 3 matches

Redstart

Next 3 matches being Borough, Swansea and Bournemouth - tough games for us even if we had a settled squad of fit players and some semblance of good form. Not sure a knee jerk managerial appointment would make any difference to the results in these games, especially with the current players available. 

Knowing how the club like to target points achievements over certain time periods, I can't help wondering if Steve is prepared to write these 3 games off and use the time to secure us a better management candidate, hopefully get a few of the injured players back in the fold and then target the home match v QPR for a win. 

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

Next 3 matches being Borough, Swansea and Bournemouth - tough games for us even if we had a settled squad of fit players and some semblance of good form. Not sure a knee jerk managerial appointment would make any difference to the results in these games, especially with the current players available. 

Knowing how the club like to target points achievements over certain time periods, I can't help wondering if Steve is prepared to write these 3 games off and use the time to secure us a better management candidate, hopefully get a few of the injured players back in the fold and then target the home match v QPR for a win. 

Disagree about waiting to appoint. It means we are stuck with the dreadful duo in charge and suggests to the players that the leadership are happy for things to drift rather than being decisive.

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Disagree about waiting to appoint. It means we are stuck with the dreadful duo in charge and suggests to the players that the leadership are happy for things to drift rather than being decisive.

Not so sure if it is communicated properly to the players what they are trying to achieve - admittedly communication has never exactly been a strength at the club. 

I'd like to think there was that level of planning going on, but I think it's just coincidence. You're right though that these are 3 tough games no matter whose in charge.

If things were going well though (in some alternate universe), we would probably see these games as a good test to see if we are truly cut out for the top 6.

38 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Nail hit firmly on the head. People don't have to like it but you've got it spot on.

I can't help feeling that having to hold rounds of interviews means there is nobody the club considers the go-to man. This implies we will spend ages interviewing, drawing up a short list, then finally appointing the man Ashton considers best fits his agenda, all the while slipping further down the league. Other clubs don't fanny about, they just go and get their man as soon as the previous incumbent has been dismissed. Ashton seems to be the big problem, maybe if he wasn't there SL would just go and get his man. 

Archived