IGNORED

Can’t argue much with this

Dr Balls

Just now, ziderheadarmy said:

Worrying read. The fact he’s in charge and doesn’t have clue about Williams is also shocking.

Utter shambles...

Yes it’s very revealing. And the comments of playing players too soon and not fully recovered from injury.

The entire thing just screams "we've completely run out of ideas" they are basically hoping that by chance they pick an eleven which somehow works or magically clicks.

It's ******* embarrassing. SL should have sacked all 3 of them and put someone in who might actually have some different ideas, because clearly these 2 were part of the problem. No "new manager bounce" when it's just the same ****** managers?!

Seems we have a lot to worrie about nobody's communicating within the club there seems to be no control over anything what is our 500k CEO up to and a chairman thats off on personal trip while the club in this mess!! ? Even seeing comments from kalas on social media and his interview, Honestly I've seen some rubbish football under pulis but this is more than on the pitch stuff and it seems things are literally coming out the woodwork that have been a problem for a fair while. Lansdown I think you need to be firing more people than just Holden!!! 

It’s a depressing read in many ways. Credit to PS for trying to be open and professional in response to the questions and he is accurately summing up where we are as a club. The problem with being so honest is managers like Warnock will get hold of what he’s said and use it as best he can to exploit every weakness he can. 

13 minutes ago, Street red said:

Seems we have a lot to worrie about nobody's communicating within the club there seems to be no control over anything what is our 500k CEO up to and a chairman thats off on personal trip while the club in this mess!! ? Even seeing comments from kalas on social media and his interview, Honestly I've seen some rubbish football under pulis but this is more than on the pitch stuff and it seems things are literally coming out the woodwork that have been a problem for a fair while. Lansdown I think you need to be firing more people than just Holden!!! 

I would suggest a lack of focus on the club by the ownership and leaving it to the CEO has left us in this position. The reasons for that include living offshore, COVID restrictions restricting travel, being just a part of Bristol Sport, the success of the rugby club, leading to poor decisions and a lack of good leadership throughout the club. 

We have spent years laughing at the Blue Few but I am sure that some of them are enjoying a large degree of Schadenfreude as the wheels come off at Ashton Gate. And the gloating if they survive the drop and we go down would be embarrassing beyond belief.

29 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Worrying read. The fact he’s in charge and doesn’t have clue about Williams is also shocking.

Utter shambles...

I've said it from the start. It may only seem like a small thing, but this is the kind of detail LJ was always across. DH often had no idea about who was injured/how long they were out for. A void does seem to have been left since LJ has gone regarding the general management of all first team affairs. 

A further hint at the ongoing failure of the current "structure" that SL seems so keen to protect and defend. 

That was a disastrous, if informative, interview.  He hasn’t spoken to Williams this last week.  He doesn’t know about Edward’s injury, and we may have to rely on luck to get a point.

He seemed utterly broken, and it didn’t sound as though anyone was keeping him in the picture.  Not surprising then that Kalas said it was up to the players

Hope SL is as appalled as many of us are about the complete shambles that is Bristol City

PS And the Chairman, for what he’s worth, isn’t in the country

We are, as others have said, a shambles.  Who on earth would want to come?

The more that comes out the club, the worse it gets!

He just wants out, doesn't he.

Don't particularly blame him, now in the firing line and getting pelters. 

Complete lack of communication from top to bottom.

Oh and the club played Edwards in a behind doors u23 which made his injury worse...add him to the list of mis-managed injuries.

Rudderless ship heading towards the relegation battle sooner rather than later. Hindsight is a great thing but why didn't we get 3 or 4 players in during the last window. As someone has said if Kalas is injured we have had it in defence. A real test of Lansdown's committment to the football part of his Bristol sport empire.

4 minutes ago, tin said:

In fairness, Simpson’s given is the most honest, straight-talking, frank interview I’ve heard from anyone at the club in a while — and it paints a dismal picture. 

It shows there is a complete void in leadership at the club, on and off the field 

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've said it from the start. It may only seem like a small thing, but this is the kind of detail LJ was always across. DH often had no idea about who was injured/how long they were out for. A void does seem to have been left since LJ has gone regarding the general management of all first team affairs. 

A further hint at the ongoing failure of the current "structure" that SL seems so keen to protect and defend. 

Is that just a flaw in the "head coach" role over a manager? though I thought LJ was a head coach?

11 minutes ago, tin said:

In fairness, Simpson’s given is the most honest, straight-talking, frank interview I’ve heard from anyone at the club in a while — and it paints a dismal picture. 

If that interview doesn't set massive alarm bells ringing in Guernsey Towers nothing will. 

This must put Sir Hiss on stoney ground. The head of football operations not keeping the coaching staff up to speed with players injury situations...!!

If this was happening north of the river we'd be all over them. 

Absolute joke. Ashton out. 

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Paul Simpson’s press conference today seems pretty fair in the circumstances:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-word-paul-simpson-say-5027818

Even he feels that the club need to get on and appoint someone and not leave things in limbo any longer than necessary.

It is an utter shambles but if you we're in a job with the clock ticking knowing that any day your getting the boot would you give a toss?? Nope..... they both should of gone with DH and I'd of rather seen Scott Murrey in charge at least we may have seen some passion if only from him. 

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If that interview doesn't set massive alarm bells ringing in Guernsey Towers nothing will. 

This must put Sir Hiss on stoney ground. The head of football operations not keeping the coaching staff up to speed with players injury situations...!!

If this was happening north of the river we'd be all over them. 

Absolute joke. Ashton out. 

100% mate. 
I don’t think Simpson will be doing too many more interviews. Mr Flannel will be worried about his not toeing the party line. 
One thing LJ always did was to protect Ashton’s position, made sure he always sang from the same hymn sheet. Holden wasn’t quite so good at that, even though he was trying to. But Simpson doesn’t seem to give a shit and might spurt out some stuff he shouldn’t. 

Archived