IGNORED

Can’t argue much with this

Dr Balls

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Wow. That interview has to be one of the most worrying interviews I've ever read. Just shows what a shambles we have become 

I get the impression Lansdown has lost grip of the club and not realised how bad things had got. The fact Junior is no where to be seen makes this all the more worrying 

I knew appointing Holden and these two was a mistake, but I never once thought we would be relegated. Not once 

I just don't see us getting out of this one. Last summer we had time to carry out a 'rigerous' process, we don't have time now . My concern is the rot has set deeper then any of us could even imagine 

What a shame that Ashton and Junior were left to do what they did. They have destroyed this club

The rot set in well before this, you only need to look at our transfers or shall I say lack of...... Apart from Bently and Kalas when fit and firing we've still not identifyed the players we badly needed in key area's for years. Our recruitment has been abysmal for a long time and that compiled with a No2 and a further 2 puppets in charge with no direction it's all falling apart. It's out of our hands now and we can only prey this is a massive wake up call and SL makes a swift proven appointment, but brace yourselves because it will get alot worse before it gets better.

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Cannot say we were not warned about Ashton. Says a lot I think that SL has been visible and vocal this week.

The appointment of Holden following the sacking of Johnson and the reasoning for it will go down as one of the strangest and most confusing moves this club has ever made.

More worryingly we are asking the guy who appointed Holden to do it all over again, and we are also becoming haunted with thinking how on earth we can scrape some points together to keep us in this league.

In any other walk of life, if you look at it as a transferable, when you put together Mark Ashtons performance professionally for Bristol City Football Club, recruitment, medical team, appointment of Holden etc all taken into account, bearing in mind where we were a year ago, at best its professional incompetence, at worst its practically misconduct.

And yet he goes again.

Great post..... Absolutely shocking.

The club seems like a pretty toxic place to be at the moment. Are we discounting the possibility that something has happened or is happening behind the scenes with the players? Record numbers of injuries, many sustained in training and others (Williams, Owura) seemingly mismanaged by the club, and the remaining players seem to have more or less downed tools in a competitive sense.

Chris Brunt (signed for leadership off the pitch) decided he didn't even want to be anywhere near this squad off the pitch once he got injured (a decision which coincided with our free-fall). Kalas sounds like he despises everyone around him. Nahki Wells already did. A load of other players have no idea about their contracts/futures, but we found room to rehabilitate Henri Lansbury's career.

Are we sure it isn't WW3 at the training ground? It would go some way to explaining why the caretaker manager, who could choose to be a chest-beating breath of fresh air, sounds completely beaten already and also wants to get the hell out of dodge. Still, I'm glad we destroyed absolutely everything in order to give a decent human being a go at being manager. What a ******* club we are.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

The club seems like a pretty toxic place to be at the moment. Are we discounting the possibility that something has happened or is happening behind the scenes with the players? Record numbers of injuries, many sustained in training and others (Williams, Owura) seemingly mismanaged by the club, and the remaining players seem to have more or less downed tools in a competitive sense.

Chris Brunt (signed for leadership off the pitch) decided he didn't even want to be anywhere near this squad off the pitch once he got injured (a decision which coincided with our free-fall). Kalas sounds like he despises everyone around him. Nahki Wells already did. A load of other players have no idea about their contracts/futures, but we found room to rehabilitate Henri Lansbury's career.

Are we sure it isn't WW3 at the training ground? It would go some way to explaining why the caretaker manager, who could choose to be a chest-beating breath of fresh air, sounds completely beaten already and also wants to get the hell out of dodge. Still, I'm glad we destroyed absolutely everything in order to give a decent human being a go at being manager. What a ******* club we are.

And Lansdown doesn't want to destroy this. 

******* clown.

Feel so utterly helpless reading this thread. We are rotting from the inside and there is not a thing we can do.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

I appreciate that you’re probably suggesting that disharmony could be a factor in our form, but I certainly hope there are fights breaking out as a result of our form. If the Kalas interview is a sign of a some candid conversations in the dressing room then I’m all for it. Each player must be held accountable now and up their game by 100%

Short of risking a £10 fine how can we organise a protest that will encourage SL to open his eyes?

Season ticket renewal coming soon, how much support could there be for an embargo? I for one would loathe to lose my seat but would it be worth the effort?

He has to realise the wrong Ashton is leading the Gate!

4 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Short of risking a £10 fine how can we organise a protest that will encourage SL to open his eyes?

Season ticket renewal coming soon, how much support could there be for an embargo? I for one would loathe to lose my seat but would it be worth the effort?

He has to realise the wrong Ashton is leading the Gate!

I don’t think there’s many on the waiting list to claim your unsold seat mate ?

9 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Rudderless ship heading towards the relegation battle sooner rather than later. Hindsight is a great thing but why didn't we get 3 or 4 players in during the last window. As someone has said if Kalas is injured we have had it in defence. A real test of Lansdown's committment to the football part of his Bristol sport empire.

The SS Going Down ?

Man Person the lifeboats!

It’s a total cluster, but the route to things being far better is not particularly complex, just a matter of whether SL is prepared to admit to the problems and use his cheque book to fix. Not usually a fan of telling the owner how to spend their own money, but given this has happened due to his eyes off the ball, don’t think it’s too unreasonable. 

1. Come back as chairman 

2. move JL to marketing director (or similar)

3. Remove MA

4. Appoint COO who sorts everything football wise to assist head coach/manager. Head coach does not report to the COO

5. Remove senior recruitment and medical people. Suspect as in most organisations, there’s plenty of competent people who can keep things running in short term, it will be hubris of more senior folk that’s the problem

6. Phone Paul Cook (or similar), show some humility, say “new set up, to help head coach succeed, you can see I’m prepared to do it given the rugby, we’re a big club, come and be a hero”

Whether he does it or not is clearly the bigger question, but stopping the rot is not particularly complicated. 

47 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

No, the article in the Watford Observer was particularly scathing

If you've not read it - Watford's version of Gregor's opening line is

"Logic dictates there must be more than one person with  a good word to say about Mark Ashton’s reign as Watford’s chief executive, but I have yet to meet them."

It seems to be its SL's 'Train Set' and it is 'his way or no way'. He seems to like MA but he needs to ask questions on:

Recruitment to many players sold off without quality replacing them Take yesterday for instance we never had an Ellison type player who with one bit of magic can create something out of nothing. Paterson used to do it on occasions but looks like he wants out in the summer and isn't trying. Why didn't we get a much needed LB in the transfer window just crazy ? Manager DH was clearly not up for the job why was he chosen

Medical team we had 15 players out injured for yesterdays game we need to get to the bottom of this and someone held accountable . Just count how many players we have lost this season without them even kicking a ball for the 1st team :(

The Squad is not balanced, too many players in one position, weak in other areas how often have we had to fit square pegs in round holes due to poor recruitment  How many other championship teams would play T.Moore Vyner Bakinson Semenyo on a regular basis these players needed another season out on loan but instead of going into the transfer market replacing the injured players with championship quality players we put our trust in the players listed these lads will be great in the future but are nowhere good enough for a full season in the championship which they are being asked to do

Board members When was the last time we saw Doug Harman or Jon Lansdown ?  I think since Steve left for Guernsey he has taken his eye off the ball and given too much responsibility to MA and we can tell by the above its a shambles and hes got things very wrong  Perhaps a reshuffle at board level and bring in some new blood to help SL out 

Ashton's main ability is to hoodwink people with power and wealth isn't it?  Like a relationship where one partner is controlling, he is able to manipulate and those with  power dont appear able to see it.  Once established he is hard to get rid of.  His entire modus operandi is around concealing his true intentions which he can do very effectively 'in the room', but those of us with a wider, less day to day focus can see what is really going on.

People assume far too much of the wealthy.  SL is an astoundingly successful businessman but as @Moments of Pleasuresaid yesterday appears fairly hopeless at reading people.  He is also very isolated at present.  He has been in Guernsey for some time and clearly not fully aware of what is really going on.  His major source of info for almost a year has been Mark Ashton.

He has to be sacked asap.  The nosedive will continue if he isn't

9 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Cannot say we were not warned about Ashton. Says a lot I think that SL has been visible and vocal this week.

The appointment of Holden following the sacking of Johnson and the reasoning for it will go down as one of the strangest and most confusing moves this club has ever made.

More worryingly we are asking the guy who appointed Holden to do it all over again, and we are also becoming haunted with thinking how on earth we can scrape some points together to keep us in this league.

In any other walk of life, if you look at it as a transferable, when you put together Mark Ashtons performance professionally for Bristol City Football Club, recruitment, medical team, appointment of Holden etc all taken into account, bearing in mind where we were a year ago, at best its professional incompetence, at worst its practically misconduct.

And yet he goes again.

Makes my ******* blood boil. 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

If you've not read it - Watford's version of Gregor's opening line is

"Logic dictates there must be more than one person with  a good word to say about Mark Ashton’s reign as Watford’s chief executive, but I have yet to meet them."

I've said long before this happened Mark Ashton is a CROOK and ask any fan where he has been how it has ended. He is in it all for his own profile and selfgain..... WBA, WATFORD, OXFORD, NOW US THE FACTS DON'T LIE ONLY ASHTON DOES!!! 

5 hours ago, Olé said:

I would point you in the direction of Mark Ashton's leaked comments to a Sky commentator saying that we've offered Fam "the highest paid contract this club has ever offered", followed a short time later by him announcing on Radio Bristol that we couldn't afford to offer any other first team player a new contract because of the uncertainty over covid. 

Another Ashton masterstroke. 

Sorry doesn’t seem to have been mentioned much but Simpson says in that interview that Sessegnon isn’t really ready to play yet, and that Paterson was brought back several weeks too early. 

And we think we’re getting unlucky with injuries???

It seems everything is unravelling at rapid pace in the last four days? Before Holden’s sacking I thought we were just terrible on the pitch, but it seems increasingly clear there’s A LOT more to be worried about.  

It’s almost like Ashton has been running some type of long firm scam,he’s  busting out the club from within. How has he managed to get a 200k pay rise in a few years? Filled the club with his mates in every sector. The playing side has been ran into the ground while he’s been filling his pockets. He’s absolutely hoodwinked Steve Lansdown who is fundamentally a decent bloke (or human). If we sink without trace back into league one, guess who will be slithering away soon pitching up at another club gullible enough to fall for his corporate bullshit. I don’t believe Jon Lansdown was happy with Holdens appointment but he’s far too timid to challenge a skilled conman like Ashton and it’s no surprise he’s removed himself from the club. The scales need to drop from Steve’s eyes before we are irretrievably f**ked

14 hours ago, Street red said:

Seems we have a lot to worrie about nobody's communicating within the club there seems to be no control over anything what is our 500k CEO up to and a chairman thats off on personal trip while the club in this mess!! ? Even seeing comments from kalas on social media and his interview, Honestly I've seen some rubbish football under pulis but this is more than on the pitch stuff and it seems things are literally coming out the woodwork that have been a problem for a fair while. Lansdown I think you need to be firing more people than just Holden!!! 

Agreed. What an absolute mess. Needs a whole new management structure or a fantastic manager can come in and wont succeed. Coppell saw it coming which is why he left early.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I would point you in the direction of Mark Ashton's leaked comments to a Sky commentator saying that we've offered Fam "the highest paid contract this club has ever offered", followed a short time later by him announcing on Radio Bristol that we couldn't afford to offer any other first team player a new contract because of the uncertainty over covid. 

Another Ashton masterstroke. 

I’ve said it so many times (and again now) that was a pivotal moment in our season.  Couple that with signing Lansbury, and SL saying the money is there for the new manager to restructure the squad.  If I was a player I’d be onto my agent and asking what the eff is going on.  I think we are seeing exactly that.

The club appear to be very mis-aligned at the mo’.

It was Mark Ashton’s Gerald Ratner moment!

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was Mark Ashton’s Gerald Ratner moment!

As another great Mark said - Twain in this case - "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Archived